It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expats recalled as North Korea prepares for war

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
An interesting synchronicity with all of this happening right now...

My mom was going through some old boxes today, cleaining them out. She ran across a photo album and we were looking through it. In the middle of it was a picture of her cousin John.

With that picture wa a letter, written on November 29, 1950, by John's commanding officer in Korea, letting us know information on John.

We all looked at each other rather shocked, as we did not even know these had been sent. They had apparenly been hiding in that box for 60 years now, resurfacing only days before the original date sent.

Rather bizarre synchronicity, we think lol

I don't know what is going to go on for sure... no one does... but KJI is one messed up individual, and his mess does not seem to be getting any better heh

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The news stories that we're seeing seem to me to have a very similar feel to the types of news stories you see being transmitted in "nuclear war" type movies, such as "Threads" or "The Day After" before hostilities break out.

I personally don't think this will go that far, but I too believe that North Korea may be serious this time.

A few unsettling scanarios could be played out here. If China gets involved, all bets are off.

If this escalates into China vs. USA, which is definitely a "worst case" scanario, the first steps China will take will be a cyber attack and an economic attack, very likely in quick succession or at the same time. If you start to see news stories of major systems failing, it may be the start.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

Is it because the U.S. supports South Korea? If that's the case, then it's not a matter of who is drinking the kool-ade, but what flavor you're drinking.

Thats an absolute classic saying there
Yes its seems we are all drinking someones version/flavor of propaganda in this world. Each thinking in an ethno-centric way that there flavor is the best one lol

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think the movie Team America summed up the sentiment of the NK's President Kim Jong Ill.
He is just a lonely old man. Give him a break. What would any lonely person do who needs some comfort?... Of course let off a few 100KT bombs yeah.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I do think it will happen and that China is really behind it. Here's why.
From a sociological standpoint China should have been at war several years ago. Historically whenever a nation has a male/female imbalance (ie female shortage) a country will go to war. This is a collectively unconscious act on the part of the nation that goes to war. I think it will happen, I think China has goaded the North Koreans or will use this as an excuse to cull the excess of males in their prime reproductive years. If they don't cull the males then the imbalance can cause extreme social problems - which has already begun in China. This is a communist government, they know there is a problem. What better way to "eliminate" a large portion of males in their prime to restore balance than to go to war? China is bound to go to war within a few years to cull the excess of males, rather on a conscious or unconscious level. I think the communist government is smart enough to know however that they need to reduce the number of males for the sake of their society, but they also know that they need do it in a way that "the people" don't realize that is the true reason for the war.
I have thought for quite a few years that China was overdue to go to war, at least they aren't going to do it on our soil. Let it be in their back yard.
As to if we should assist South Korea, I have been there as part of the US military. The south Koreans were constantly protesting our presence and wanted us to leave. It was not unusual for me to be given the equivalent of the "finger" because I was a blonde american. However, some of the S. Koreans were really nice and I consider them friends. But if large numbers didn't want the US soldiers there before this, should we really get involved when we are involved in 2 other wars currently,and yes I mean Iraq (the hidden war), and Afgan. (the behind the scenes war). By the way if war was going to fix our economy then Irag and Afgan. would have done it by now. Myth blown on that one for sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

www.fas.org...

Above is a compiled list of attack on SK by NK. Little Kim is an outright nutjob.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My opinion if North Korea launches a warhead against the U.S. striking the West Coast no retaliation will take place only negotiations. My opinion is when China takes over Taiwan no retaliation by the U.S. will take place. The trade off will be China's forgiving of the U.S. debt in exchange for the taking of Taiwan and only negotiations will take place after the take over. Is obama perceived as weak to our adversaries? You be the judge. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
little kimmy sat on a wall, little kimmy had a great fall. All the kings horses and all the kings men could not put little kimmy back together again. I wonder if little kimmy gets A.T.S. I wonder how he would percieve us. HEY, little KIMMY, you are a tyrant bully. Your peoples need to be set free of you.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Nothing will happen, U.S.A doing drills like they do every year and LITTLE KIMMY always goes on the rampage. Little Kimmy has no leverage here. He is like a chicken rooster that won't shut up in the morning. We need to just throw a BOOT AT IT so it will go away and stop making so much noise. Chicken little kimmy. I'll hufff and i'll PUFFF and BLOW YOUR HOUSE IN. Whatever.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I at first thought that something might come of this "show of force" but now I don't think so, at least not at this point in time.

The reason behind me changing my mind is the fact that the "training" is being held southeast of the island that NK shelled. That means that they aren't anywhere near the Demilitarized Zone so NK can't say that they were anywhere near NK's disputed territory.

It's not like it was the other day when SK was training within sight of NK's territory.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think its time to show NK how good the US can be at bombing them.

One B2 stealth bomber on a dark and stormy night with about 6 1000 pound concrete filled practice bombs( JDAM's) with a GPS guidance package on them.

Target one US navy ship.
The USS Pueblo (AGER-2)
en.wikipedia.org...
www.mishalov.com...
www.freerepublic.com...://www.mishalov.com/pueblo.html
Put all 6 bombs right down the center line of the ship from 25,000 feet
Make the release point over the center of the river so that any fail to guide will drop harmlessly in the river.
With just concrete in them there would be no explosion just 6 large holes through the ship from top to bottom.
Likely it would take days for NK to even understand just what really happened.

We would not be bombing a NK target but our own ship but it would show we could hit anyplace in the north without any problem.

By the way i served under CDR Lloyd Bucher, USS Pueblo fame, when he was Flotilla Commander and Chief of Staff of MinePac during Operation Endsweep.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

And you have just started (re-started) a war.

Whether or not any North Korean assets are damaged or destroyed, the simple fact that a US aircraft had violated North Korean airspace (in violation of all existing agreements) would be justifiably considered an act of war.

And without being obscured by explosives, the markings on those "dummy" bombs would leave not doubt as to the source of the attack.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The US will have no choice but to decimate NK conventionally, from the air with bombers, and with tomahawks and other cruise missles.The trick will be to do it in the first waves....if they miss NKs missles, then look out!
The military will have to get the assets in place though....SK must have some aircraft in its airforces that are up to the job as well as the aircraft of the carrier .....There are sac bases in alaska and probably missles in idaho and montana that could reach NK.
The situation is inevitable someday.It would be best to take them out before they have the delivery systems to hit the continental US.
Hopefully the use of conventional weapons to overwhelm NK will not be a provocation to china.....but i see no alternative in the long run.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join