It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now government will demand proof you're not a terrorist when buying a car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

If you're in the market for a new vehicle anytime after December 31, 2010, be prepared for a background check. If you don't pass it, hit the pavement, Jack, you're out of luck. Maybe you can buy a bicycle.

www.helium.com...

I've been waiting for this to pop-up. What would the next step be??

It kind of makes me think of the whole "Mark of the Beast" thing. You won't be able to Buy, Sell or Own anything unless you are investigated. Maybe they con people into just carrying around a chip or card that proves that their background has already been checked?

edit on Sat Nov 27 2010 by Jbird because: added ex tags

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't know whether to believe they are trying to control us, or it's really for security reason.
Either way, slowly but surely every aspect of our lives is being monitored and controlled.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
what a crock of BS.

An illegal immigrant can go down
and buy a vehicle with no strings attached
but an American Citizen can't even buy a used
car? WTH???

This has gone too far.
Is this story for real???

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
I don't know whether to believe they are trying to control us, or it's really for security reason.
Either way, slowly but surely every aspect of our lives is being monitored and controlled.

Security Reason? that sounds gumvernment talk. Security is an illusion.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Some security issues may be an illusion, but terrorists ARE real.

However I think that's not what's going on here, if this is real, American citizens having a full background check just to buy a car, that's ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The red flag rules are no joke. It made me change my business model just to avoid having to be involved in this bureaucratic nightmare..

Red Flags Rule

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
sorry but if I'm a terrorist I'd just buy a clunker off craigslist or something. I mean it's going to be blown up any way right? Or I'd just kill someone and take their car the day before the attack. Stupid government

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Any person or entity that extends credit—even your dentist and doctor—falls under the mandate. The provision is also looking for terrorist ties or activity that might appear to be terrorist related. Names will be placed on watch lists, if yours happens to be on one (even if it's not you), better start shopping for a good pair of walking shoes—you'll need them.

So this is just about extending credit to the customers? And namely car dealerships as per the title of the thread?

Well there is a gaping big hole in the plan right there, what if a person was to rock up to the dealership with a bunch of cold hard cashola? Here are the keys Mr, Smith, hope you enjoy the undercoat we threw in... (for a cash sale you could of slept with my wife by the way, well never mond, all done now).

Does Mr. Smith have to go through the same checks? Since no credit is involved, not so much as a credit card or a cheque, just a bunch of notes I don't see that he has to.

Now how would your average terrorist, funded by, ohh lets make up a name here, Al Quida, that will do.... So Muhammed will pay in cash right?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
If you're in the market for a new vehicle anytime after December 31, 2010, be prepared for a background check. If you don't pass it, hit the pavement, Jack, you're out of luck. Maybe you can buy a bicycle.

www.helium.com...

I've been waiting for this to pop-up. What would the next step be??

It kind of makes me think of the whole "Mark of the Beast" thing. You won't be able to Buy, Sell or Own anything unless you are investigated. Maybe they con people into just carrying around a chip or card that proves that their background has already been checked?

the thing about the mark of beast deal is that all of these rash security measures are conditions that only pertain to the states. so it makes me wonder, because i thought the bible would be referring to the entire world, unless it is just america that gets the 'mark of the beast' and so 'god damn america' as Obama's outspoken pastor had once said.

still, a background check for purchasing a vehicle? i know they want to be able to create a paper trail so that it is easier to catch and convict people, but i mean, isn't the pink slip from the DMV enough? this is why you start purchasing used vehicles from the poorer neighborhoods. they aint gunna check shiznit. as long as you got the dough its all cool. any people with higher incomes you can't trust anymore. especially their kids.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Any person or entity that extends credit—even your dentist and doctor—falls under the mandate. The provision is also looking for terrorist ties or activity that might appear to be terrorist related. Names will be placed on watch lists, if yours happens to be on one (even if it's not you), better start shopping for a good pair of walking shoes—you'll need them.

So this is just about extending credit to the customers? And namely car dealerships as per the title of the thread?

Well there is a gaping big hole in the plan right there, what if a person was to rock up to the dealership with a bunch of cold hard cashola? Here are the keys Mr, Smith, hope you enjoy the undercoat we threw in... (for a cash sale you could of slept with my wife by the way, well never mond, all done now).

Does Mr. Smith have to go through the same checks? Since no credit is involved, not so much as a credit card or a cheque, just a bunch of notes I don't see that he has to.

Now how would your average terrorist, funded by, ohh lets make up a name here, Al Quida, that will do.... So Muhammed will pay in cash right?

i think if you pay in cash over certain amount the authorities have to be notified now.
i THINK.
edit on 27-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I do not even have to think deep on this. Ok, if this really does happen. Ohh well. I doubt they will deny someone a car unless what they find in their background is pretty bad. And what will then stop someone from finding a private buyer and getting a car that way. No offense whatsoever. I think we jump at the slightest ripple in the water this day and age. Why would this even truly piss someone off if it happens, unless they have something to hide?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

If the purchase price is over ,I think, 7500.00 they have to notify the IRS about the cash transaction. I believe in some cases its over 5,000. Your screwed either way and that's exactly the point. 'How dare you, US citizen, spend your own money without notifying 'Dear Leader' and his minions!'

Zindo

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeDragon

Buying a car, or anything else for that matter, should not involve a person having to prove they are innocent of a crime.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

...Well there is a gaping big hole in the plan right there, what if a person was to rock up to the dealership with a bunch of cold hard cashola? Here are the keys Mr, Smith, hope you enjoy the undercoat we threw in...

I was thinking that too. However there is always the good old civil asset forfeiture laws [that] allow the government to seize property without charging anyone with a crime.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
reply to post by NewAgeDragon

Buying a car, or anything else for that matter, should not involve a person having to prove they are innocent of a crime.

Buying a gun? - I think most would agree it's best not to have convicted armed robbers able to legally buy a gun no questions asked...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

This is not about criminals buying a gun, if they want one the will steal it. And if a "terrorist" wants a car, they will steal it.
It's about intrusion. And the govt getting another cash cow. Somebody, that is the consumer, will have to pay for this background check. Right now a background check for a CDL hazmat driver runs about $90.00 US. Can you imagine the revenue generated from the car background checks?

FOLLOW THE MONEY, it'll be coming from your pocket to the Govt's coffers.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

.... FOLLOW THE MONEY, it'll be coming from your pocket to the Govt's coffers.

And Straight from there in to the pocket of the private bankers!

Resistance to additional income taxes would be even more widespread if people were aware that:

* One-third of all their taxes is consumed by waste and inefficiency in the Federal Government as we identified in our survey.

* Another one-third of all their taxes escapes collection from others as the underground economy blossoms in direct proportion to tax increases and places even more pressure on law abiding taxpayers, promoting still more underground economy-a vicious cycle that must be broken.

* With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.
Grace Comission Report

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

If the purchase price is over ,I think, 7500.00 they have to notify the IRS about the cash transaction. I believe in some cases its over 5,000. Your screwed either way and that's exactly the point. 'How dare you, US citizen, spend your own money without notifying 'Dear Leader' and his minions!'

Zindo

Don't worry even in India it is the same if you make a deposit of Rs 10,000 = $ 300 to a bank who don,t know your details they ask for Your PAN no it is like a permanent account no lodged with the govt we are also in the same boat.Also you have to quote it when buying a car/motorcycle/ or any high value purchase or pay credit card bills.
edit on 27-11-2010 by eniranjanrao because: spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Do terrorists not know how to steal cars then?
Why wouldn't they just buy a second hand car from ebay? Or failing that a second hand plane?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeDragon
I do not even have to think deep on this. Ok, if this really does happen. Ohh well. I doubt they will deny someone a car unless what they find in their background is pretty bad. And what will then stop someone from finding a private buyer and getting a car that way. No offense whatsoever. I think we jump at the slightest ripple in the water this day and age. Why would this even truly piss someone off if it happens, unless they have something to hide?

Gaaaah! the"something to hide"argument.!!!!!! ( coffee spewed on keyboard) I was pretty shocked by this thread.Why do we still see this kind of justification.

It's none of their business if I am buying a car or not.seems they want an excuse to "run up Against every single citizen at least once to be identified; quantified ;coded and logged.we want to be left to our lives you can see clearly "terrorists,ARE real" and they have parking spaces in the district of columbia.

Do you want to submit a weekly urine sample? "If you're not a drug abuser you have nothing to hide; it only clearly violates the fourth Amendment. Is it Time for another dose ( a repost) already(?) of Author Naomi wolfs' talk on the 10 steps to close down an open society:

Listen and learn young patriot; you'll see whats at stake here::

edit on 27-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join