It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK this could be snow joke!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaPan

Well thankyou for your comment, if you do not mind at all I will use this comment as an example like many other's that I have used to prove that something fishy is being well planned/set-up and hidden from the public eye. For who and what motives? Is the question you need to ask. Do not give up as knowledge equal's power. TPTB know that you have that hidden knowledge but will continue attacking and taking piece by piece of what you are worth as a figure in the public eye and for your repretation and status. I'm already aware of "the coming changes", that's one way to put it into word's. I have endlessly and frustratingly said other and other the weather cycles are yet to worsen and are no where near "bad" compared to this year's lot of unusual weather changes. At the same time I am aware of the motives of "hidden-government contact's", where ALL "public spending cut's are being funded and why" and yeah we are on in for a rocky ride.

You can't give into them. I know it's frustrating, I am a lot more direct these day's with people unlike I used to be calm and relaxed but now "tick tock tick tock" not much time left for event's to play out. And with the large increased number's of ignorance and as you had put it, people will only listen to those also in that area of profession, (instead of the people doing their OWN homework, they listen too much to Main Stream Media) Well all I can say is that I hope people sooner or later, wake-up, do their own digging around and stop believing the "6 o'clock new's" it's all pre-designed/set-up/planned and all for PROFIT! Makes me sick to my stomach. It's frustrating knowing deep-down and from "sources" what CAN occur and what the political motives are and why they are doing this and knowing at the same time people are dumb enough to listen to their own leader's who to are being played by the few and what can we do. If they choose not to listen to people like you.

If the people of the future do not start to re-educate themselves now and prepare instead of relying on folk's that are only in it for profit, greed and power. Unfortunately there will only be people like you who get through this cycle event's. I still have faith people will get through it, only at the moment it appear's to my perspective that those who are so attached to their ego and desires of junk they don't need and all the "fear-mongering" from government's and militaries and MSM, well unless they pull their finger out of their # they really will struggle to understand and get-through-it together in the coming year's.

The UK infrastructure in my opinion only becomes hectic and chaotic because the people responsible for pulling the string's are causing more economical damage to cause bigger losses in businesses and prevent the recession from fully recovering and only so they can make more profit for themselves and feed their greedy pocket's whilst the rest of the conutry has been left abandoned.
edit on 3-12-2010 by DClairvoyant because: Typo.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf79

The only thing that needs changes are the media and the govermental bodies that are often so far detached from real life they dont even know whats going on in the streets, let alone handle some snow and a lot of the general public that just behave like loons in a bit of bad weather.

Oh they know very well what's going on, they just sit down with a cup of tea and sit their flicking through the television channel's ffull of joy and laughter, whilst the rest of the country has been left abandoned and still. For their own entertainmnet and profit to overfill their greedy pocket's. Why are you getting mad, your just falling into the trap like the rest of those that get frustrated over government and political act's. It's GOOD that you are recognising the FACT'S and are becoming more AWARE each day that you too are not alone! I too have the same strong view's, why do people believe into all the hogwash of main stream media. Crying out loud, how do people think our ancestor's lived through hard-times without any of the high tech we use today. It's as if people have forgotten who they are and are repeating falling into the trap's of the power's to be, everyday and it's getting very VERY frustrating.

I don't like seeing people like you getting wound up over trivia thing's like this, your a good person and you just need to transfer that frustration into a positive change. I agree with most of your comment, however I disagree that this thread is pathetic because there is also decent citizen's on here who post here who you should show consideration and respect for elder's who have been through a lot worse in their age, (sorry to come across rude). They have a lot more experience under their belt, and they too recognise the problem's however they choose not to winge about it here, that is something a strong view should be written on paper and sent to your local representative and explain to them the reason's why you want CHANGE. You have that right, you can winge all you like to them and they have to obey and make a change. That's the law.

As for driver's it's taught to every new driver from their driving instructor's how to control of vechicle in poor weather condition's, that's why people have many lesson's on clutch control and the brakes and acceleration. It amazes me how a minority forget which is easily done, but usually instead of practicing to get better at that technique they continue to rev the heck out of their car's and still get nowhere. I understand your frustration on driver's and stocking up for food. It's not all that bad here, I mean the road's get bad at nice mainly for one reason after the grit disolves the snow and ice it turn's back into a liquid form which then turn's back into ice. In all fairness it's a winning and loosing battle using grit. Too much and the road turns to slush then back to it. Too less the road is like a ice arena. Yo can't win with it. People just need to learn to be patient.

Buy a diesel since they run off compression not combustion, how many people do you know that can stall a diesel well I can only because I don't give it enough of the clutch. I pull of in snow and ice with the clutch not the accelerator and continue to apply enough to bite into second, thrid and into 4th at 20mph on a flat road, do plenty of engine braking downhill's, never touch the brakes. Until I approach a junction apply brakes gently pumping the brakes to melt the collected snow dust that stores up in the brake drums and seizes between the brake shoes whilst engine braking. That's all there is to it. Hardly once in the past 2 weeks have I had to wheel spin. It's easy when you get the hang of it and you discover you can drive upto 30mph on a reasonable amount of snow and ice on flat road surfaces. Since I do lot's of lorrying driving, it's always handy to know basic mechanical knowledge.

In my opinion people who cannot drive properly in snow and ice lack mechanical knowledge. In order to control a machine or vechicle in that case, you have to know the foundation's of a vechicle and how well it perform's in all weather conditon's and what tactic's and techniques to use in the worst condition's, which is something they teach not enough of in driving lesson's. That more than anything should be the sector that should be investigated as to how best to prepare a new driver for these condtion's, which would put less callout's for AA and RAC, and less tension on the infrastructure of this country. People need to work as a team when your on the road's, if somebody get's stranded help them off the road to avoid hold-back's of traffic. Just food-for-thought, bit of common sense.

Anyway thankyou for your reply and be interesting to hear back your thought's on this. Speak soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi there Woody,

ahhh I suppose it's to be expected that a good wytch such as yourself should spot my anglo-saxon name ;-)

Yep, those photos are wonderful! Thanks for explaining them. Wow wouldn't half like to be shuffling through that tunnel tonight for a pint of their best!

"The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge" - sounds so mystical, definately worth a visit!

Cheers,

Aelf

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Aelfrede

Hey there Aelfrede (very Saxon sounding name you have there btw ... love it),

They are great photographs aren't they (?) ... sadly I didn't take them because even though I only live about 5miles away there wouldn't be a 'snowballs chance in he!!' of getting up there right now

The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge, is very ancient and notorious because of it's location ... over the years it has seen coach loads of people at a time getting stranded up there in heavy snow ... so all things considered they tend to be prepared for guests in such adverse conditions.

The snow tunnel photo, shows how they dug out the entrance through a drift that had covered the door ... the fire that can be seen is the fire in the bar.

It really is a great spot to be whatever the weather ... in fact it was on the opposite side of the road that I chose as my place to watch the Solar Total Eclipse in August 1999 ... such views under normal circumstances ... amazing !

Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Don't be fooled by the break in the weather and the higher temps. This will only add to the chaos the melting snow "WILL". Re freeze then more snow. And I mean a considerable amount more.
Not trying to scare Monger either.
Everything I've said is happening as we speak.

Mods please remove all flags and stars from this thread. This is not why I'm doing it.
I was doing this thread to avoid what has happened to those two pensioners that were found in their gardens dead. Unneccesary totally.
Gutted.

If we all do our bit for each other then hopefully there will be minimal fatalities that are avoided.
I don't give a crap wether you know them or not costs nothing to ask. You never know you might actually feel like I do when you do things for others.
These are a few things you need to remember seriously. Ask yourself.

If the electric is cut what winter clothing have you got and what food have you?
Cereals, sultanas, mixed fruit are high in carbs as are peanuts also protein.
Snacks chocolate bars (energy) avois storing foods that have limited shelf life or refrigeration.
Milk powder or long life milk.
Tinned foods not just beans either.

If you must go out make sure you have your layers sorted out.
Base layers etc etc.
(Can someone please provide links as my internet connection keeps failing.
Do not sit sweating your pods off once you cool you will freeze due to the damp.
Windproof jackets waterproof clothing.
Sounds stupid but take a spare pair of gloves and socks with you and a couple of carrier bags.
Remove wet socks and do the obvious.
I'm sure someone will provide links to frost bite nasty.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There's another couple of threads covering the same subject. You must all take notice. It could save your life and others.
Some of you that drive and can't avoid it here's a few things you may already know but its for those that don't.

Use your gears to help you under braking
Don't just put your foot through the floor. Dab it. Most importantly if you're lucky enough to have a clear road make sure you try your brakes don't assume they work because the cars running.
If your car has been stood. And the handbrake sticking drive slowly with the handbrake pulled "a couple" of clicks. A COUPLE not all the way.
Let your tyres down a little not loads it will aid grip note make sure both front are the same as eachother.
Front wheel drive let the front down a little rear wheel drive rear.
Antifreeze.
Before you even start the car clear snow off roof as well as the bonnet and make sure your wipers front and rear arew clean and free. Make sure you have antifreeze in the window washer bottle and not just water!
Engine antifreeze also.
Before you start your car pop the bonnet and give the pipe leading from the radiator a couple of squeezes. You will know if its frozen.
If it is DO NOT START! You will pop your valves or worse!
Don't be tempted to use a kettle for god sake and yours!
Any distance over a mile or so take neccesities that you would need overnight. Ok

link   
There's another couple of threads covering the same subject. You must all take notice. It could save your life and others.
Some of you that drive and can't avoid it here's a few things you may already know but its for those that don't.

Don't just put your foot through the floor. Dab it. Most importantly if you're lucky enough to have a clear road make sure you try your brakes don't assume they work because the cars running.
If your car has been stood. And the handbrake sticking drive slowly with the handbrake pulled "a couple" of clicks. A COUPLE not all the way.
Let your tyres down a little not loads it will aid grip note make sure both front are the same as eachother.
Antifreeze.
Before you even start the car clear snow off roof as well as the bonnet and make sure your wipers front and rear arew clean and free. Make sure you have antifreeze in the window washer bottle and not just water!
Engine antifreeze also.
Before you start your car pop the bonnet and give the pipe leading from the radiator a couple of squeezes. You will know if its frozen.
Any distance over a mile or so take neccesities that you would need overnight. Ok

link   

Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.
Before you start your car pop the bonnet and give the pipe leading from the radiator a couple of squeezes. You will know if its frozen. f it is DO NOT START! You will pop your valves or worse! Don't be tempted to use a kettle for god sake and yours!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.
Before you start your car pop the bonnet and give the pipe leading from the radiator a couple of squeezes. You will know if its frozen. f it is DO NOT START! You will pop your valves or worse! Don't be tempted to use a kettle for god sake and yours!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Antifreeze.
Engine antifreeze also.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Jeez Jazz ... did your finger get frozen to the submit button ?

Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I love this!

Somebody stole my snowman!!

This was just on the news as a guide to when not to phone 999
edit on 3-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Memoirs of winter life in Manitoba:

Bumper shining - Hang onto the bumper of a car and slide on the ice. We would also whip the car into a slide so the guys could go flying and try to shake them off..... till you hit a patch of pavement.... then it is a foot race to head first in the snow bank on the edge of the road. I drove and slid. You needed at least 4 guys so you could push the car out if it got stuck.

Power sliding - Get going fast, crank the wheel, grab the hand brake and the rear end will swing right around and around. We also did this on the lake if there wasn't much snow. On the lake you could get up to 60 or 70 km/hr.

When it is cold, snuggling under a down quilt is fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join