It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bill of Not's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Just thought when you see the first ten,( well 9 ,not clear on #3) under attack all at once that it brings things into perspective.

1st Protects the freedom of religion, speech, and the press, as well as the right to assemble and petition the government
Nope There are so many different examples of these its overwhelming. All are under constant attack.

2nd Protects the right to keep and bear arms
Nope you have to get a permission slip and can loose your right for more reasons than you can shake a stick at.

3rd Prohibits the forced quartering of soldiers
Yeah know...I would like some of our more gifted members too explain this one , please.

4th Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and sets out requirements for search warrants based on probable cause
Nope TSA Gone Wild

5th Sets out rules for indictment by grand jury and eminent domain, protects the right to due process, and prohibits self-incrimination and double jeopardy
Nope Obama Gives China Emminent Domain

6th Protects the right to a fair and speedy public trial by jury, including the rights to be notified of the accusations, to confront the accuser, to obtain witnesses and to retain counsel
Nope Only if your rich and famous

7th Provides for the right to trial by jury in certain civil cases, according to common law
Even if your an Enemy solider from another country.

8th Prohibits excessive fines and excessive bail, as well as cruel and unusual punishment
Nope You spill oil , you pay 20 billion dollar fine. right now....me love you long time

9th Asserts the existence of unenumerated rights retained by the people
I think it safe to say that the Fed has and will continue to grow like a fungus.

10th Limits the powers of the federal government to those delegated to it by the Constitution
Nope We are DHS , no court order needed....snear

Here is the source of the Ammendment list

All of these seem to be under attack and all have many examples. I ceartainly hope the "Freshman" can make a change. But the Elites want chaos and seem to be doing everything they can to bring it on.We need to be on our toes .
What say you?

ps...I know im not perfect so feel free to correct my list as needed.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I don't know the American constitution, but historically "forced quartering" means obliging householders to lodge soldiers against their will, and without getting paid for it.
A cheap way of running a garrison.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I don't know the American constitution, but historically "forced quartering" means obliging householders to lodge soldiers against their will, and without getting paid for it.
A cheap way of running a garrison.

The British monarchy forced the colonies to put their soldiers up in private homes.(It was one of the reasons for the revolution along with the self-written warrants they used to enforce the"stamp act".

THE STAMP ACT: The king imposed a tax (his stamp had to appear on every piece of paper you owned
(nice $) Of course the kings troops had every right to go into your home at anytime to check for compliance.

We see FBI self written warrants today. I'm waiting for dhs to "quarter" 1 national guard trooper in every home why its for: "OUR safety"alot of ATS sems to think things like this ares ok as long as they are "protecting us".; also for our safety the govt agent can checkup on our reading materials and activities.

join