It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai Raid Fears On Xmas Shoppers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Mumbai Raid Fears On Xmas Shoppers

www.thesun.co.uk

AN army of gun cops is on Britain's streets to combat the threat of a Mumbai massacre.

Armed patrols have been stepped up as Christmas approaches to protect potential terrorist targets such as shopping centres
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Articles like this strike me as being quite bizarre in that they actually have the appearance of being a prompt: a tool used to convey instructions to the those who may be sympathetic & aligned to the articles protagonists (bogeymen).

The images used in the article are quite simple and to the point: the perfect ingredients for a successful ad campaign.

Could articles like this be used to provoke and invoke by mere suggestion?

The article does not mention a specific source or a specific place or time. I appreciate they create shock headline/articles to sell papers, but are articles like this sowing the seeds of violence whether knowingly or unknowingly?

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
More crap from the sun... Scaremongering!!

CX

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
At least if anything happens no-one can moan there was not enough coppers on the streets.

CX.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Metro center biggest shopping center in the UK should increase security. I've thought about this for a while now especially at this period.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
For almost a decade now, they have been repeating the same fear filled rubbish every year without fail. If it's not Christmas shoppers, it's football games or other big events. Guess what? Nothing has happened!
I'd seriously question the credentials of those the press tout as "experts" too. All they talk about are hypothetical what-if's, not real events or threats. Anyone could sit in front of a camera and spout the same baseless tripe after sitting down for 5 minutes and thinking up scenarios to scare people.

It's all just there to push the fear based agendas of the government to keep us all looking over our shoulders and to accept the protections, at a price, that they offer us from some imaginary bogeyman. Of course, they sometimes need to go a little further, as they did after the 7/7 bombings and announced their "shoot to kill" policy against terrorist suspects. Hence the sad demise - or should I say murder? - of a certain Brazilian electrician on the tube, used to demonstrate their resolve in pursuing the policy.

new topics

top topics

join