It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

satan divided against himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
From what i understand satan goes against himself and this is how he is defeated. Also from what i understand Michael goes against satan. Well two people cant defeat the same person. so what i get out of all this,michael is satan and he creates a conflict against himself,destroying himself. So to sum it up,Satan goes to war with himself and defeats himself,michael goes to war with satan. Are they the same person,that committed a self destructing act?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spokthunder

Why can't God defeat Satan?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

God does defeat satan,since satan is defeated and god is everything and nothing is him. He does play part in it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It says satan divided against himself is destroyed,it also says satan is destroyed under peoples foot,so does this mean satan (michael) commited an act that gets people to stomp this # out of him until hes dead?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Luke 11:18\

"If, then, Satan is at war with himself, how will he keep his kingdom? because you say that I send evil spirits out of men by the help of Beelzebul."

"And if Satan really has engaged in fierce conflict with himself, how shall his kingdom stand?--because you say that I expel demons by the power of Baal-zebul"

Those are lines that show satan went to war with himself and that is his defeat. Michael went to war with satan and that was satans defeat.

The sole reason i wright this is i'm seeing if others see what im sayin.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
matthew12:26

"If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?"

it states that michael and his angels drive out satan until he has nowhere to run and that is when he is defeated under peoples feet.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
if satan goes to war with himself than how is it that he is defeated? it's a win win situation. if half of satan defeated the other half, the victor is still satan.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Whew, lucky for us it's all make believe, huh!

Just think, if gollum had been real, just what might have happened to the ring!

Oh my!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spokthunder
matthew12:26

"If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?"

it states that michael and his angels drive out satan until he has nowhere to run and that is when he is defeated under peoples feet.

Sounds like simple civil war to me. Using the bible as a historical reference this could be a reference to any internal civil conflict.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Abraham Lincoln

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I take offense to that, as I believe one day, the armies of Gondor will sweep forth and rid the world of mordor's plague! Obama is Saruman, Julian Assange is Frodo and Augusto Pinochet is Sam while Fidel Castro is Gandalf, and Che Guevara is Aragorn. Quick! Obama is Sauron! We must depart for Mount Doom near Sicily!

I still don't understand why God can't defeat Satan by himself.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spokthunder

first things first, you do not spell write with wright.
2nd - line

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"If, then, Satan is at war with himself, how will he keep his kingdom? because you say that I send evil spirits out of men by the help of Beelzebul."

"And if Satan really has engaged in fierce conflict with himself, how shall his kingdom stand?--because you say that I expel demons by the power of Baal-zebul"

These writings don't say anything about what has happened. Jesus was accused of using the powers of satan to drive demons out of men. Jesus says this is not reasonable because, why would satan go against his own forces (demons). It is just saying how satan doing something like fighting himself is foolish. You can't just quote without the context.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ModestThought

Exactly.
If you are going to quote the Bible, please read it first. Don't just find some off the wall question by a crazy atheist on a website somewhere and start making nonsense.

The statement of Jesus in Luke 11:18 is hypothetical to make a point. Hence the word "If".

Satan does not war with himself, if he did he would be long defeated and gone. Which is what Jesus is saying.

As for Michael totally different angel, NOT Satan.
He also does not exactly "war" with Satan either. Twice there was an open battle between the two.

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Revelation 12:7-9).

and
Revelation 20

1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

The angel here is believed to be Michael.

One other time is mentioned a sort of cat and mouse game between the 2.

Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

So on both counts your argument makes no sense, sorry.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by spokthunder because: other paragraph says it

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Now the fact is only satan and his angels are removed from heaven,michael is removed from heaven and slapped with the title arch angel. For if he is still an angel he would be labeled angel,not arch angel.
Now,he is one of those fallen angels,if he goes to war with the other fallen angels his kingdom is divided against itself,Now tell me whos kingdom is divided against itself?
And saying "If satan is at conflict with himself dividing his kingdom resulting in defeat"
That is like saying a crack head at war with his brain his brain will melt.

That line also states,dont feel like you have to put any effort in destroying satan,when he will destroy himself for you.

edit on 28-11-2010 by spokthunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jermicide

"Satan does not war with himself, if he did he would be long defeated and gone. Which is what Jesus is saying."

I disagree with your opinion, My opinion he is saying satan wages war with himself. Satan is all about sin,if you touch fire (Sin) will you not wage war against yourself and get burned?

And second beezlbul or bub is not satan,he is satans son just part of satans kingdom. So if jesus can side with beezlebub against his father satan than satans kingdom is divided against itself.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModestThought

These writings don't say anything about what has happened. Jesus was accused of using the powers of satan to drive demons out of men. Jesus says this is not reasonable because, why would satan go against his own forces (demons). It is just saying how satan doing something like fighting himself is foolish. You can't just quote without the context.

LOL! That's why they always say something taken out of context is actually a PRETEXT.

new topics

top topics

join