It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean military members protest in capital! [11/27/2010]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

South Korean military members protest in capital! [11/27/2010]

www.cnn.com

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- Members of the South Korean military protested on the streets of the nation's capital Saturday, stating that they were angry that their country's government had not done enough to respond to recent shelling by North Korea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/27/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This just keeps getting worse.
Seems everyone in the game wants a war.
Sunday is looming with a mere 24hrs to go.
North Korea has said they will attack if the exercises take place.
Now we have the south saying they want to fight, and the US with a carrier group sitting in the middle of it.
Seems like the "First Nuclear War" topic might be on track.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
they should do the drill away from NK/china waters or unless they want a war

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
or unless they want a war

This is US involvment we're talking about here

But I agree with moving the drill to different waters. This is some scary stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I agree.
If the US or SK truly wanted to avoid war they would move the drills.
However, it isnt NK's position to be demanding they move, it was just an excuse to get a strategic advantage.
They took out gas, water, command centers, and entrenched positions with Fuel Air Explosion rounds.
However, I feel exercises wont be moved.
And the drills will be attacked, followed shortly by war.
Crazy times.
edit on 11/27/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

Ah, but there will not be a nuclear war. In accordance to the rules of engagement, as set out by the UN, and please keep that in mind, and by the policies set out by the sitting president, the US can not fire or use a nuclear weapon. The current president make that very clear in an executive order, having that option taken off of the table. The Korean conflict was an act of a UN resolution, as the only permanent member of the UN security council was not present to veto it. It was the agreement of the remaining security council members that got the US into the Korean conflict in the first place, and all of those who participated in it the first time are ultimately obligated by treaty to return if it starts up again. As many are not so willing to go to war, South Korea is left with very few allies that can assist. If there is going to be a nuclear war or a bombing, it will be that the first weapon will be fired by North Korea, in an attempt for easy gains and early victory. What most are hoping is that China will pull the reigns to prevent this from happening and that all involved will return to the tables and have negotiations to calm all hostilities down.
To further complicate matters, is that Kim Jon Il, is in the process of securing the transition for his son to assume power, however, to do such, he needs easy victories to keep the military happy. It is the military that has kept him in power all of these years.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'd say you can relax until tuesday , after that I think it will be a whole new world .
Oh dear

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I think so too. Nothing will start if no one is doing anything to provoke anyone in the first place. Why can't everyone just stay away from each other's sensitive zone?!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I don't agree with this in the least.

We had these games planned for along time, we should just give in, and be bullied by North Korea?

HELL NO!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

We had these games planned for along time, we should just give in, and be bullied by North Korea?

HELL NO!

Yes, if common sense prevails, but who says our world leaders have any??

Are these WAR games really that important that they should risk starting a real war??

I guess the answer is simple if they go ahead..The US wants war!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I don't think it makes any difference to what waters they will do the drills and powershowing, NK just doesn't want the US to participate in the drills.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Gakus

HELL NO!

Yes, if common sense prevails, but who says our world leaders have any??

Are these WAR games really that important that they should risk starting a real war??

I guess the answer is simple if they go ahead..The US wants war!!

If you don't understand why it's extremely important not to give into demands such as these, than I'm afraid you really should research it a little further.

Whats next, them bombing again and demanding something else?

No thanks, I prefer we show a little BACKBONE and watch how fast they back off.

Sorry you can't get what you want by throwing a hissy fit and KILLING PEOPLE, doesn't work that way.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by milocrab
Why can't everyone just stay away from each other's sensitive zone?!

Are we talking about the TSA or NK here?

This all boils down to one thing: if our leaders want war, they will manipulate a war out of this. If they don't, then they won't.

Right now war is wanted/"needed" to generate revenue. Is NK the chosen victim this time? Who knows...but it seems pretty sure that Iran WON'T be. Too much anticipation for an Iranian conflict, TPTB were "scooped", so they can't really do much with Iran right now.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

If you don't understand why it's extremely important not to give into demands such as these, than I'm afraid you really should research it a little further.

Sorry you can't get what you want by throwing a hissy fit and KILLING PEOPLE, doesn't work that way

Yeah right..Firstly who knows who started that little incident the other day?
Next, it's not just the NK but also China that is asking the US to not send these ships into their waters..

But you know, I have a son that is a little quick tempered..I have learnt that it is better to not confront than to suffer the problems...
Sometimes you win a fight by walking away..
Maybe you are young and one of the "never back down" crowd.
But if no one backs down that ALWAYS leads to trouble..
Now who is the bigger man ??

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Gakus

Sorry you can't get what you want by throwing a hissy fit and KILLING PEOPLE, doesn't work that way

Yeah right..Firstly who knows who started that little incident the other day?
Next, it's not just the NK but also China that is asking the US to not send these ships into their waters..

But you know, I have a son that is a little quick tempered..I have learnt that it is better to not confront than to suffer the problems...
Sometimes you win a fight by walking away..
Maybe you are young and one of the "never back down" crowd.
But if no one backs down that ALWAYS leads to trouble..
Now who is the bigger man ??

If you honestly for a moment think the North is somehow the Victim in all this, than you must be on their payroll, I mean cmon!

China signed off on the entire thing as long as we don't invade their waters, which we rarely ever do, and certainly not with war games.

As far as this whole "I don't want any trouble nonsense" it's just that NONSENSE.

So if I walked up to someone you loved, killed them and than said if you try to do anything about, it I'll kill your entire family, would you not seek some form of justice?

Would you just curl up in a ball and do nothing as that murderer roams free?

Perhaps some wouldn't seek justice, but those people are commonly referred too as cowards and quite frankly scum.

Your logic is flawed, I'm sorry to have to point this out to you, you don't cave into a bullies demands, THAT SIMPLE!

It's not a matter of "not backing down" it's a matter of having a damn spine.

there's a huge difference, some battles have to be fought, some points have to be made.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I agree that North Korea deserves an ass whooping and that the US has the right to have drills with SK.
Absolutely no excuse for the north's activity, they deserve to be nuked.
That country does nothing for the world.

I also have to say, it definitely seems that US leaders want a war.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
North Korea is a rogue and dangerous state but you do have to feel some sympathy for their regime. Right now they are faced with a very serious political crisis that they might not be able to back down from.

When N. Korea said they would attack if US and S. Korea stage military drills they put their reputation on the line. Obviously the US and S. Korea will stage military drills and if N. Korea does not follow through with their threats at such a crucial time their threats will be forever ignored as hollow and worthless all N. Korean credibility and flexibility will be diminished. However if N. Korea does attack S. Korea during these drills it would be the end to their regime forever.

They have placed themselves into a very tight corner with no real way out. Their only hope is for China to come to their defense on this issue. Without Chinese backup N. Korea is in a corner and when rogue states are placed into a corner with two options both leading to serious trouble for their government they act crazy.

We can only hope somehow we make it through this event without conflict.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Kim has plans.
He will follow those plans no matter what the SK and US forces do in a military exercise.

He just wants a plausible excuse for it.

It blows my mind that there are people here who want to frame NK as the victim.

The fact that you hate the US is one thing but to champion the NK regime is very much another.

Some folks might want to do a little bit of reading on the NK regime and it's history...specifically Grandpa Kim, creepy Kim and lil Kim Junior. Although we don't know much about junior we do know he grew up as the son of the nuttiest dictatorial fruitcake of our times.

He will want to "reunite" the two Koreas before his dad dies. Kim 2 had promised his dad the same but didn't follow through and has regretted it all of his life. Kim 3 might just step up to the plate and swing.

It won't be the doing of the US or SK when he does.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I agree on that

But to stir the pot
Blasts heard near North Korea border

North Korea is believed to have fired more artillery shells near the island where four people were killed earlier this week. No shells are said to have landed on South Korean territory. The firing appears to have been part of a training exercise but came with a warning from Pyongyang that Seoul's plans for military manoeuvres with the US were pushing the region to "the brink of war". The BBC's Chris Hogg said the firing happened soon after a top American military commander visited the island.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth
I agree that North Korea deserves an ass whooping and that the US has the right to have drills with SK.
Absolutely no excuse for the north's activity, they deserve to be nuked.
That country does nothing for the world.

I also have to say, it definitely seems that US leaders want a war.

Nuke the entire country? I keep hearing the same exact thing on ATS, over and over again. "Destroy North Korea, Kill all of them, Nuke the country"

Really, you people want to kill millions of civilians just like that. You can't think of a better way to get rid of a dictatorship in a country but to only slaughter all of the people? You do realize, millions of them were brainwashed from an early age to believe something that is a complete lie. With no contact with the outside world. People that don't realize their government is a dictatorship that has no cares for them. Even if they do realize this, they can't even do anything about this.

This whole dilemma with North Korea could have been solved years ago without a single loss of the innocent population.

If you still don't agree with my point of view. Then look at this way. 122,000 civilians were killed during the Iraq War. Do you deserve to be killed for these crimes. Even though it was the Government who should be charged with war crimes. But judging from your post, we might as well just nuke that entire United States.

Everyone needs to wake up and stop blaming North Korea as an entire country. That all of them deserve this. Its a stupid thing to say. Children are born everyday in that country, do they deserve to be slaughtered?

new topics

top topics

join