It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I have a prophetic dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'll keep this short. Basically, a few nights ago I had a dream that I was Christmas shopping in a small toy shop when I was struck with this awful feeling that something extremely bad had just happened. I left the shop and picked up my girlfriend from wherever she was (I forget) and on the way home directly in front of us loomed a GIANT mushroom cloud. I knew in my dream it was from a nuclear catastrophe.

What do you guys think? Prophetic dream...or too much exposure to that kind of thing?

It seems I left out some info, but if anything pops in my mind I'll edit also ask away if you need to know anything.
edit on 11/27/2010 by philosearcher because: my primary language for the past 22ish years failed me miserably.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Since I was a teenager, I have been plagued with nuclear war dreams. I have had so many nuclear bombs go off near me or in the distance that I can swear I know what it feels like to die from them. It's quite frightening to have such dreams. Some of the worse was watching a missile explode in the upper atmosphere watching the city you love get destroyed along with you in it. I died several times in these types of dreams.

In 1998, I had a horrible dream involving North Korea and the use of a nuclear bomb there, it has forever haunted me. I think I can even find an old post about it on the internet. That always struck me as prophetic because of how real it was. Fortunately, nothing like that ever happened so it probably was just a dream.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I've had a few dreams like that over the years too. A few of which happened recently.

Some dream analysts would tell you that a nuclear explosion represents a big turning point in your life, a significant change that is occurring in you, and a release of tension as you accept the change. For me such an explanation fits in with a few of these nuclear nightmares. The recent ones I would imagine are as a result of overexposure.

Whatever the cause of such dreams they definitely leave an impression for life. Not many dreams do that.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. It probably was just a dream. I wonder how often dreams actually do come true? Furthermore, I thought it might have been just a dream because I have been playing Fallout: New Vegas, watched 2012, and with the recent missile crisis over the west coast...I felt it was probably nothing. Anyone else though? I mean, with all that I mentioned it seems like it's just a dream but who knows? I believe anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Some dreams do come true. This is fact. At least based on my research and the historic record, people have been having and reporting prophetic dreams since the written record. Abe Lincoln dreamed of his death, Mark Twain dreamed of the death of his brother.

There is a person who dreamed of 9/11 and even has timestamped evidence to back his dream link to 9/11 in this documentary:

Man who dreams the future.

The problem with dreams that come true is you usually do not know which ones those are until after they come true.

Aristotle even wrote a paper questioning this phenomena in 350BC in his paper, "On Prophesying by Dreams" I have more info in the articles in my signature on dreams that come true under precognitive dreaming.

edit on 27-11-2010 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

It's because the dream state serves as a training ground to prepare you for possible future scenarios via past experiences. It is only logical that eventually one of these dreams would be correct. You dream many times every night. One of these will come true, although there might be some inconsistency.

These inconsistencies tend to be ignored by the people that believe they can predict the future through dreaming. Or they "fill in the gap" of memory by their actual experience of the event.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

It's because the dream state serves as a training ground to prepare you for possible future scenarios via past experiences. It is only logical that eventually one of these dreams would be correct. You dream many times every night. One of these will come true, although there might be some inconsistency.

These inconsistencies tend to be ignored by the people that believe they can predict the future through dreaming. Or they "fill in the gap" of memory by their actual experience of the event.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Nice "Argument" but sadly presumptuous. Dreams can come true with fill 100% accuracy to a future event. This is called "Literal Precognitive Dreaming" which is often associated with Deja Vu; where the familiarity and feelings come and the memory then is linked to a dream making it Deja Reve.

To further add to the fallacy of your argument, I have had "Lucid Precognitive Dreams" where I have been able to affect change to the dream, and observe and measure the changes in this reality. I have a thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, in 2009 Jeff Tolkassen proved that the "Arrow of Time" can flow backwards from the Future to the Past in quantum mechanics. This was reproduced by the University of Rochester with the Rochester experiment and I believe has now been repeated in 3 Universities that Backwards Causality or Retrocausality is science fact, not science fiction.

The human brain is already been proven to use quantum states as part of it's information processing, who is to say it doesn't naturally produce "spooky action from a distance" or backwards causality events as consciousness scales up from the quantum into the macro.

What do you have? An argument based on assumptions. I have facts, evidence and experience in favor of the reality of precognition. Which is in fact, quite real.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A question if I may.

With these dreams of Nuclear explosions, did any of you remember any distinct landmarks of the city being hit?

I had a similar dream and I'd like to compare notes so to speak.

If you're not sure how to describe the landmark, you could always U2U me.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

On of my dreams was South Korea for certain, the target was possibly Seoul. That was in 1998. Other dreams had New York a target, I remember the Manhattan Skyline from the dream. Lot's though took place in my own backyard which seemed to invoke more fear then anything else.

The NY and SK dreams concern me as potentially being prophetic, but I can never give face to any dream as being precognitive until after it comes true. So much is dreamed of that simple doesn't happen. Such dreams can be probable realities only, not the actual one we are in right now.

That's what makes prophecy in dreams so difficult is the nature of probable reality.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

I cannot say for sure about my dream. All I remember is driving, I felt like I knew where I was going so I assume it was local (South Western Pennsylvania) and when I saw the cloud it was really really massive. I mean...Huge. So, I'm not entirely sure...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
One of the reason most prophecies fail is because they are only possibilities not certainties. Freewill is the optimum word here. Nuclear strike is certainly a possibility and always has been, The real question is how probable is it? For a long time it has not been very probable however the the N. Korean incidents lately and their limited nuclear capabilities the probability has risen a bit. Still I don't think it is cause for alarm.

The future is not predestined it is based on our decisions. WE tend to be creatures of habit and have some predictability based on that but picking precise happening and dates is nearly impossible hence all the failed prophecies and by those know to have been reasonably accurate in other predictions
edit on 30-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I guess that only future can tell.

I hope it is merely because of exessive exposure, as you said.

Many people seem to wait or fear the last escalation. But this has been since times immemorial, but especially beginning from the 50's, when nukes came common.

-v

top topics

join