It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Nuclear War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

The baba vaanga prediction about world war 3 was a hoax according to someone close to her. It was not one of her predictions.

There are rumours of being it a hoax but also claims of being real. So I don't know which to follow in that case. It was an article I saw which intrigued me alot.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy

The baba vaanga prediction about world war 3 was a hoax according to someone close to her. It was not one of her predictions.

There are rumours of being it a hoax but also claims of being real. So I don't know which to follow in that case. It was an article I saw which intrigued me alot.

She seemed at least somewhat believable to me until she started rambling about aging diseases and Mars getting nuclear weapons and holding Earth hostage, lol.

Back to the main discussion though, now that China has intervened it looks like war has been adverted for a bit. Hopefully things settle down over there and the North doesn't provoke the South for now because it sounds like they're (the South) ready for war.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by spinalremain

Don't sweat it...I'm no historybuff, but that's just common knowledge...yeah...and too much Team America

When people make an opinion based off of what they have only heard and not on what they know they make an ass of themselves. I urge you to go educate yourself on what led to the downfall of Germany. Without America/Britain defeating Germany in the Atlantic and cutting off Japan in the Pacific, then Russia would have been crushed by the Axis if not for America's presence in Europe. There is A LOT more behind it then "Germany invaded Russia in winter and got his ass handed to him there and therefore for that reason alone the credit to Germany losing the war goes to Russia". GO DO SOME RESEARCH before you make yourself look totally uneducated by saying something ridiculously absurd.

OK, see all of this is dead wrong. You're saying that Russia would have been defeated if not for America's presence in Europe. You did say that. It's above.

Russia begam to push back Germany and turn the tide of the war long before the US was in Europe. The battle of Stalingrad began in the summer of 1942. That's 2 full years before any American land presence in Europe. That's your first incorrect analysis. Your second is stating that Germany invaded the Russians in the winter. They didn't. Operation Barbarossa was launched in the summer of 1941. A full 6 months before the US was even in WWII. How can you explain these huge Russian victories had anything to do with the United States, when the United States was still at the very least, 16 months away from deploying 1 single armed company on European soil? Let alone the Eatern front? The US couldn't get to Berlin quicker with far less ground to cover when they entered France in 44. I think your jumping to conclusions based on the wars outcome, rather than analyzing the war from year to year, front to front.

No insults, no name calling, but it is you who needs to do research about this.

The Soviet Union was the largest contributing factor in the Allied victory in Europe.
edit on 30-11-2010 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Better we handle DPRK now before Iran is a confirmed nuclear state, I say. Kim Jong is way too irrational to be left alive. He bombs a country for no reason.......

South Korea attacked North Korea. This was in retaliation for the Chenoan ship sinking. Which few people think North Korea sunk.

I doubt North Korea sunk it. Probably Israel. Or would we have sunk it? Sink our allies ship ourselves?

Barrack needs a big war to save the collapsed economy.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy

She seemed at least somewhat believable to me until she started rambling about aging diseases and Mars getting nuclear weapons and holding Earth hostage, lol.

Back to the main discussion though, now that China has intervened it looks like war has been adverted for a bit. Hopefully things settle down over there and the North doesn't provoke the South for now because it sounds like they're (the South) ready for war.

It wasn't Earth being held hostage but fight or something like that to become indepent

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You all should get yourselves prepared for headlines such as:

5700 VAPORIZED!
15,400+ Killed Instantly in First Nuclear Exchange Since 1945!

Casualty reports still coming in, expected 100,000 Casualties.

This is closer than most of you think. This could be headlines for ANY city in South Korea, the US, Japan...Or North Korea, Iran, or Pakistan for that matter. Not at all a joking matter. Our modern generation is not of the constitution to effectively deal with this situation.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's another genesis story, It was called : The Terra Papers The Hidden History of Earth

Read it it's way cool.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's another genesis story, It was called : The Terra Papers The Hidden History of Earth

Read it it's way cool.

To should put it into an novel, maybe it is easier reading that way.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I stopped reading this fear mongering garbage after the line "Bin Laden had sided with China."

Especially given that Bin Laden is probably dead and has been since 2002...

It's true, the USA is the only country ever to have used nukes in war. IMO, they're the ones most likely to do that thing again - except maybe for Israel, and for the same reason - paranoia!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by Secularist

You're argument about allies in the Atlantic is completely redundant. Germany wanted continental Europe; their navy was more interested in supporting land operations and the Africa campaign than used for assaulting Britain or the US. In fact, all winning the Atlantic battle produced for the allies was the ability to land troops into France to join the assault on Germany. The Soviets were gaining territory on land the whole time.

You speak of the technological importance. Sonar is nice and whatever, and radar helped too (didn't the Germans develop this?), but the T-35 Soviet tank had a much greater physical impact in the war (it outclassed anything the Germans could throw at them).

AFAIK we (the British) developed radar, although I could be wrong... (My father told me that, he was an English WW 2 veteran.)
You are right about Russia of course, as is dude69, but secularist simply doesn't want to believe it, so he keeps screaming the same nonsense...
Vicky

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Control

Might be best to assume that a city will be nuked, Possably a larger
Nuke than Nagasaki. A small city would have a small population
of say 4,000.000.
Just saying.

regards robbo.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robbo2006
reply to post by Control

Might be best to assume that a city will be nuked, Possably a larger
Nuke than Nagasaki. A small city would have a small population
of say 4,000.000.
Just saying.

regards robbo.

Thought i might as well add this Link : www.julg7.com...

Of which will display this comparison in Bombs.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Robbo2006 because: Spellcheck

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join