It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i leave for costa rica next week..
i have an acre with a little home there,
figuring there would come a day where i couldnt stand to live in the usa.
now they have 47 warships,200 helicopters and 7,000marines parked there.
is there no escape..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes it does. It sums the system up perfectly.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
i leave for costa rica next week..
i have an acre with a little home there,
figuring there would come a day where i couldnt stand to live in the usa.
now they have 47 warships,200 helicopters and 7,000marines parked there.
is there no escape..

Not since they RFID chipped our passports. But there is hope:

Mount Kailash
en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea3f899153ed.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc5e5ec64cda.jpg[/atsimg]

If you can't get there from here, I suggest Mt. Whitney in California. Highest elevation in the lower 48.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Just found this:

TSA Viper Teams at Bus Stations Now in Amerika!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Video:
www.rumormillnews.com...

And so it progresses. Good luck everyone.

edit on 12/1/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: url

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't ever remember Obama promising to repeal the PATRIOT act, I don't remember him ever 'renewing' it in it's entirety (anyone who denies this is missing the point completely). The job of repeal would be that of congress...blame them, the president doesn't introduce bills and he doesn't directly repeal law (DADT as just one example).

I don't see the 'police state' that you see. I don't see 1984. I don't feel oppressed by my government. I feel opressed by my local Wal-Mart, by the bank down the street, by the owner of the $8 million property I live on...none of that points to Washington. None of it.

Edit: I have no clue why you're referring to mountains to live on, but I thought you should know you need a permit from the US Forest Service...otherwise you could be fined and arrested. That's a whole other argument though.
edit on 1-12-2010 by links234 because: Added bit about Mt. Whitney

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's featured as a blog on that site!

Look, I get why they're against it, it results in more paper work and maybe a fee. However, something they completely fail to mention is that this is a great thing for consumers. It results in more oversight, it'll be easier to track diseases from farm animals, and will force producers to follow minimum standards. All this is GOOD for the consumer. So if this ever came to a vote, I'd vote YES in a heartbeat.

So "Holistic Goat Care" is a "featured" blog. Who cares. Actually I think they are the ones who identified WHY and HOW all my baby goats, placed on milk replacer, died. It was from too much sugar in the formula causing explosive growth of toxic bacteria. - thank you big AG

You have not done your research on NAIS - traceability:

NAIS is ONLY GOOD for the Multinational corporations. You missed the IPCs sleight of hand completely!

Read this very closely

"Measures to trace animals...to provide assurances on...safety ..have been incorporated into international standards... The Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures...Aims to ensure that governments DO NOT USE QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS as Unjustified trade barriers... It provides Member countries with a right to implement traceability [NAIS] as an SPS measure." www.wto.org...

"DO NOT USE QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS as Unjustified trade barriers." Means if you use the "old fashioned QUARANTINE and testing" the other country can call it an "Unjustified Trade Barrier" and get trade sanctions against you. INSTEAD you get to have a tracing tag - WHOOPI-DO

Since1999 there have been seven foreign animal diseases diagnosed within the United States (West Nile Virus, Exotic Newcastle Disease, High Pathogenic Avian Influenza, Hemorrhagic Disease of Rabbits, Monkey Pox, Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, and Wildebeest Associated Malignant Catarrhal Fever). Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an end in sight for outbreaks of foreign or domestic diseases and these diverse activities related to disease control and eradication...
TEXAS ANIMAL HEALTH COMMISSION: 2009 – 2013 AGENCY STRATEGIC PLAN: June 27, 2008
(Original removed from the internet and replaced)

The second result of "traceability" is now multinational corporations can shift the blame from poor industrial practices to a farmer. If they did not slaughter the cow right and there is an out break of e-coli from feces contaminated meat - blame the farmer. If they did not wash the produce correctly - blame the farmer. This is not a guess but based on an article in a professional magizine detailing how to "minimize" legal risk. Also one of the commenters on NoNAIS posted portions of a contract that did transfer risk of lawsuit to the farmer. That state has only one buyer for cattle so it sell and assume the risk or shoot and bury.

The USDA is abandoning a known effective method of disease prevention, the first-point testing program, where the live cows in a herd are tested, in favor of a method that allows the disease more time to spread since the cows are at the end of their life before testing is done. Also Texas complains of the USDA shutting down disease testing labs by withdrawing funding.

USDA is moving toward supporting fewer labs nationwide, with the remaining labs serving as regional labs and supporting larger geographic areas..... If this funding is not maintained, this lab will be closed and the out-of-state samples will not be processed by remaining TAHC laboratories....

The first-point testing program is the “early warning system” for the brucellosis program, enabling detection of infection prior to sale of cattle within the state. With the discontinuation of first-point testing, slaughter testing will become the primary method for brucellosis surveillance....

New national disease control programs, emergency management responsibilities, and trade agreements with foreign countries have a significant impact on TAHC. These new or expanded programs continue to stretch TAHC’s already stressed resources to their limits....

Additionally, new disease challenges are emerging. Some are domestic diseases that are increasing in significance. Others are foreign diseases that may be imported as result of the exponential increases in international importations of animals and animal products. Our industries and our economy are threatened by diseases and pests that heretofore we only read about in disease text books or heard about in lectures....

TEXAS ANIMAL HEALTH COMMISSION: 2009 – 2013 AGENCY STRATEGIC PLAN: June 27, 2008
(Original removed from the internet and replaced)

YUP,YUP Tracability is VERRRY GOOD for the consumer. Pass me some more koolaid so I can wash down this contaminated food....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Edit: I have no clue why you're referring to mountains to live on...

If you don't know why I'm "referring to mountains to live on...", then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everything is on a need to know basis, and I suppose you don't really need to know.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Confirmed: FEMA camp episode of hit Ventura show pulled from air
by ericsnow
started on 12/3/2010 @ 01:01 PM

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Pull it!", doesn't it?
They're creeping up on you...
edit on 12/3/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here's another great thread:

US Soldier: "What happened to OUR country while we were gone?

This post jumped out at me:

Originally posted by Fiberx
Well let's see.

- Taken Wealthiest nation world has ever seen and made it most indebted? Check.
- Degraded most powerful military world has ever seen. Check
- helped to remove 10 million citizens from their homes by ignoring major economic issues? Check
- Usurped all major constitutional protections? Check
- Spying on own citizenry? Check
- Made once highly respected nation most feared and unpopular globally? Check
- Caught in illegal schemes to abuse powers for money and influence? Check
- Expanding government into citizens every day life? Check
- Labeling Americans that believe in the Constitution and their civil rights as terrorists and extremists? Check

Yea, I think if I were the gov I'd be scared of my own shadow too.

Good things going on in this thread. I'd check it out.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Intermission

"Amused to Death"
- Roger Waters

Doctor Doctor what is wrong with me
This supermarket life is getting long
What is the heart life of a colour TV
What is the shelf life of a teenage queen
Ooh western woman
Ooh western girl
News hound sniffs the air
When Jessica Hahn goes down
He latches on to that symbol
Of detachment
Attracted by the peeling away of feeling
The celebrity of the abused shell the belle
Ooh western woman
Ooh western girl
And the children of Melrose
Strut their stuff
Is absolute zero cold enough
And out in the valley warm and clean
The little ones sit by their TV screens
No thoughts to think
No tears to cry
All sucked dry
Down to the very last breath
Bartender what is wrong with me
Why am I so out of breath
The captain said excuse me ma'am
This species has amused itself to death
Amused itself to death
Amused itself to death
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
But then it was over
We ohhed and aahed
We drove our racing cars
We ate our last few jars of caviar
And somewhere out there in the stars
A keen-eyed look-out
Spied a flickering light
Our last hurrah
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
No tears to cry no feelings left

(Switch Channels)
[Alf Razzell:]
"Years later, I saw Bill Hubbard's name on the memorial to the missing
at Aras[?]. And I...when I saw his name I was absolutely transfixed; it
was as though he was now a human being instead of some sort of
nightmarish memory of how I had to leave him, all those years ago.
And I felt relieved, and ever since then I've felt happier about it,
because always before, whenever I thought of him, I said to myself,
'Was there something else that I could have done?'
[Background: "I'd rather die, I'd rather die..."]
And that always sort of worried me. And having seen him, and his
name in the register - as you know in the memorials there's a little safe,
there's a register in there with every name - and seeing his name and
his name on the memorial; it sort of lightened my...heart, if you like."
(Woman) "When was it that you saw his name on the memorial?"
"Ah, when I was eighty-seven, that would be a year, ninete...eighty-
four, nineteen eighty-four."

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Fundamentally changing you from this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d255c4450203.jpg[/atsimg]

to this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68e0f04459b0.jpg[/atsimg]

America.
You've come a long way baby...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The new status quo:

"Before the Law"
- franz kafka

BEFORE THE LAW stands a doorkeeper. To this door-keeper there comes a man from the country and prays for admittance to the Law. But the doorkeeper says that he cannot grant admittance at the moment. The man thinks it over and then asks if he will be allowed in later. "It is possible," says the doorkeeper, "but not at the moment." Since the gate stands open, as usual, and the doorkeeper steps to one side, the man stoops to peer through the gateway into the interior. Observing that, the doorkeeper laughs and says: "If you are so drawn to it, just try to go in despite my veto. But take note: I am powerful. And I am only the least of the door-keepers. From hall to hall there is one doorkeeper after another, each more powerful than the last. The third doorkeeper is already so terrible that even I cannot bear to look at him." These are difficulties the man from the country has not expected; the Law, he thinks, should surely be accessible at all times and to everyone, but as he now takes a closer look at the doorkeeper in his fur coat, with his big sharp nose and long, thin, black Tar-tar beard, he decides that it is better to wait until he gets permission to enter. The doorkeeper gives him a stool and lets him sit down at one side of the door. There he sits for days and years. He makes many at-tempts to be admitted, and wearies the doorkeeper by his importunity. The doorkeeper frequently has little interviews with him, asking him questions about his home and many other things, but the questions are put indifferently, as great lords put them, and always finish with the statement that he cannot be let in yet. The man, who has furnished himself with many things for his journey, sacrifices all he has, however valuable, to bribe the doorkeeper. The doorkeeper accepts every- thing, but always with the remark: "I am only taking it to keep you from thinking you have omitted any- thing." During these many years the man fixes his at-tention almost continuously on the doorkeeper. He for- gets the other doorkeepers, and this first one seems to him the sole obstacle preventing access to the Law. He curses his bad luck, in his early years boldly and loudly, later, as he grows old, he only grumbles to himself. He becomes childish, and since in his yearlong contempla-tion of the doorkeeper he has come to know even the fleas in his fur collar, he begs the fleas as well to help him and to change the doorkeeper's mind. At length his eyesight begins to fail, and he does not know whether the world is really darker or whether his eyes are only deceiving him. Yet in his darkness he is now aware t of a radiance that streams inextinguishably from the gateway of the Law. Now he has not very long to live. Before he dies, all his experiences in these long years gather themselves in his head to one point, a ques-tion he has not yet asked the doorkeeper. He waves him nearer, since he can no longer raise his stiffening body. The doorkeeper has to bend low towards him, for the difference in height between them has altered much to the man's disadvantage. "What do you want to know now?" asks the doorkeeper; "you are insati-able." "Everyone strives to reach the Law," says the man, "so how does it happen that for all these many years no one but myself has ever begged for admit-tance?" The doorkeeper recognizes that the man has reached his end, and to let his failing senses catch the words roars in his ear: "No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it."

www.herzogbr.net...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey! Check it out:

Wal Mart Gestapo
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=637670
by wisintel
started on 12/6/2010 @ 11:01 PM

We're down to the line folks, down to the line!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If the founding fathers knew what was going on in the good old United Police State of America, they would not simply roll in their graves. They would rise from their graves bearing torches and pitchforks and head for D.C.

A good thread can be found here:

Everyone please read this... I feel it is very important to remember.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"We the People" Strike Back:

Exclusive: Colorado Lawyer Files For Injunction Against Janet Napolitano and TSA
by DimensionalDetective
started on 11/28/2010 @ 09:34 PM

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
More fuel for the fire:
Mobile X-Ray Vans Spark Contriversy
by mayabong
started on 12/11/2010 @ 07:22 PM

edit on 12/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'll call this post "Liberty Stands Still or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Regime".

FCC Approves Plan To Regulate Internet
by mikelee
started on 12/21/2010 @ 01:39 PM

Net Neutrality Is Here, Get Ready To Kiss The Internet As You Know It....Goodbye!
by Phenomium
started on 12/21/2010 @ 05:06 PM

White House Drafts Executive Order For 'Indefinite Detention'
by DimensionalDetective
started on 12/21/2010 @ 08:17 PM

This You Will Never See On TV. Orwell Rolls In His Grave, The Documentary.
by RUSSO
started on 12/17/2010 @ 03:50 PM

More food for thought:

Senate Bill Makes It Illegal To Grow, Share, Trade Or Sell Homegrown Food.
by wcitizen
started on 8/15/2010 @ 08:42 AM

Oh, and don't forget:

You Are A Terrorist
by Whereweheaded
started on 12/21/2010 @ 11:03 AM

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f25275e058ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Almost........... there.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This goes with my "Before The Law (Franz Kafka)" post of a few posts ago:

The new status quo:

"Before the Law"
- franz kafka

BEFORE THE LAW stands a doorkeeper. To this door-keeper there comes a man from the country and prays for admittance to the Law. But the doorkeeper says that he cannot grant admittance at the moment. The man thinks it over and then asks if he will be allowed in later. "It is possible," says the doorkeeper, "but not at the moment..."

Criminal Judge In Montana Stages Coup Declaring Jury Guilty Of "Mutiny"
by Jean Paul Zodeaux
started on 12/22/2010 @ 04:00 PM

Madness. Sheer madness. There really is no recourse to the law anymore.

edit on 12/22/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting, formatting and more formatting

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

...And if you dare to speak up, well that's just too bad. Because now you're a subversive domestic terrorist.....

You have no idea of how right you are. Two of my e-mail friends have been harassed. One had his house broken into and his computer trashed by federal agents. The other one reported being followed and now has completely vanished. No e-mails, no articles on-line.

And now I just read this:

Sherrie Wilcox is the poster child who serves to portray the victimization of middle class American parents by big government.....

... pictures of thousands of FEMA coffins stored in her home state of Georgia as well as a stunning analysis of last year's deadly Ukrainian pneumonia with information that was largely unavailable in the main stream media...

Yet, for daring to exercise her First Amendment right to question the unconstitutional and illegal practices of the current federal government (e.g., mortgage fraud), Sherrie Wilcox received a visit from visit from Homeland Security, err….. The Georgia Child Protective Services...

Sherrie's child was questioned at school without being advised that she had the right to have an advocate in the room with her at the time questioning. Further, the interrogation questions had nothing to with Sherrie Wilcox's fitness as a mother as her child was asked the following questions:

(1) Does your mother take you camping?

(2) Where do you go camping?

(3) Who else goes camping with you?

(4) Does your mother store food?

(5) Does your mother have any guns?

(6) Has your mother remodeled your home?

(7) Does your mother have a safe room or a bomb shelter?

(8) Has your mother talked to you about the end of the world?

Being a former nationally certified mental health counselor who is intimately familiar with report requirements regarding child neglect and abuse, I fail to see the relevance of any of these questions regarding Sherrie Wilcox's fitness as a parent and why any agency charged with protecting child welfare would be concerned about camping and storing food. These questions defy all legal precedent and common sense....

Upon returning home, the highly upset Wilcox child informed Sherrie about the intimidating interview and the unwarranted and intrusive nature of the questions that Georgia CPS officials asked the child at school. Wilcox promptly called CPS to inquire as to the motive behind subjecting her child to this extreme form of intimidation and mental abuse. The CPS official promptly informed her that they would be conducting an interview with her at her home in the morning. Sherrie Wilcox wisely arranged to have the ordeal videotaped by her sister and invited neighbors to witness this unique form of governmental intrusion of her parental rights.

After arriving at the Wilcox home, Georgia CPS officials proceeded to ask Wilcox the following questions and levied the following accusations:

1. Does she have solar panels on her house?

2. How and where do the Wilcox's go camping?

3. Does she store food? (Note: Sherrie Wilcox is a volunteer Red Cross nurse and her supplies are in accordance with FEMA guidelines).

4. Amazingly, CPS wanted to know if her house had an alternative heating source....
www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Very scary stuff indeed. Most of us are blind and oblivious to it all. Some of us have seen this coming for quite some time. I think many of us were jarred from our sleep shortly after 9/11. But our attempts to wake others has been an uphill battle. It's hard to let light into the room when the drapes, the drape pulls, the window, the light and even the room itself are controlled, monitored and sanitized by the very powers we are attempting to expose.

We need a more efficient and effective strategy.

The world needs a wakeup call.
How are we going to phone it in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join