It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil braces for more violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Brazil braces for more violence

english.aljazeera.net

At least 44 people killed in six days of gun battles between security forces and gangs in shantytowns of Rio de Janeiro.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

This is good and I believe should have been done a long time ago. Drugs and Gangs destroy the fabric of society, they shouldn't be allowed to freely operate around.

They are destroying the society.

A long overdue action is being taken by the Brazilian police and army right now.

Heavily armed military is entering RIO, drug traffickers are running away to the slums as reported by Al-Jazeera.

Thoughts

oz

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't see why they have let it gotten so bad in the first place... Everyone makes money off it. The drugs dealers selling and moving the drugs and the cops finding and arresting the drug dealers and users..... The only one that looses is the doinks spending their life savings on all the crap. I'm ok with people smoking a joint here and there or having a beer or two but we are talking cocain crack heroin that stuff if very horrible and you folks already know this...... If your going to do alot of drugs expect to be caught at some point or some ass hole ratting you out.
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
double post
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: double post

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I don't see why they have let it gotten so bad in the first place... Everyone makes money off it. The drugs dealers selling and moving the drugs and the cops finding and arresting the drug dealers and users..... The only one that looses is the doinks spending their life savings on all the crap. I'm ok with people smoking a joint here and there or having a beer or two but we are talking cocain crack heroin that stuff if very horrible and you folks already know this...... If your going to do alot of drugs expect to be caught at some point or some ass hole ratting you out.
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

I have no idea how it came to this, but at least Brazil is moving fast to fix the problem.

How did Mexico get to where it is today?

It is something that needs extensive research to come with a decisive conclusion.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The drug cartels make so much money in mexico they own whole towns they are fighting the freaking mexican army on doing a good job at fighting them.... They buy the cops, buy the mayers, buy the judges, I guesse just over time selling the drugs making billions that when you got that kind of money, you gain such great influence/power it's hard to stop...

new topics

top topics

join