It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. seizes sites linked to copyright infringement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

I do not believe anyone on ATS with any sense supports copyright infringement or selling knock-offs. We should all respect private property and property rights.

BUT, websites are property, too. And unannounced seizure of websites is taking of property.

A "website" doesn't sell anything; it is a PORTAL.

ATS is a website. Anyone here ever see un-credited use of others works?

If you support what is happening, say goodbye to ATS, and to many more of your Constitutionally protected rights.

Hope and Change?

Look what you've done to my country!

jw

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This law could easily shut ATS down if a user had a copyrighted image in their avatar

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There will be a day when you will have to have a license and permit to own or use a computer at all. There will be a 7 day waiting period to by a computer while the FBI does a back ground check. Computers will be treated like guns are now. You will have to have a CWP to carry a laptop. People that do not see the end is near for the INTERNET are just plain not willing to look. I seen the birth of the INTERNET but I never though I will live to see it's death. It is on life support now and the doctor has told the family to gather.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
It is on life support now and the doctor has told the family to gather.

As poetic as this is it's an over reaction.

The Americans are just trying to do what the Chinese and such have been doing for the last decade. If the internet has taught you anything it's that where there's a group of people with a common interest they'll find a way to communicate together.

We had the same over reactions where I live when finger print scanners were introduced to a few night clubs. People were counting down the days to when we all required chips in our hands and bar codes on our foreheads. The same two clubs have the same two finger print scanners they've had for the last few years and no one cares. Everyone that didn't like it just went elsewhere.

Am not saying there isn't something sinister behind the government touching the internet, I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but lets not over react like ATS is going to get shut down next week.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I hope you are right but only time will tell. The problem is I have a very bad habit of being right. I hope for once I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by buddybaney

ATS is a website. Anyone here ever see un-credited use of others works?

I dunno.. your avatar looks an awful lot like the cover of a pink floyd album..

edit on 11-27-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The US has ticked off folks around the WORLD with this tho - I was looking around and some of the talk is really really extreme - IE I've seen posts saying that the world needs to start shooting Americans so we wake up.

The hacker underground seems to be up in arms. Was it a deliberate provocation?

The US just seized control of DNS without due process - that's what it looks like to me. It looks bad. Real bad.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
For those who are interested, the graphic that appears on seized pages, which is just chock full of interesting info about the entities involved in this endeavor.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Has this link been posted yet?

U.S. Shuts Down Web Sites in Piracy Crackdown

70 sites seized so far, as confirmed by ICE.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Has this link been posted yet?

U.S. Shuts Down Web Sites in Piracy Crackdown

70 sites seized so far, as confirmed by ICE.

yeah, you just posted it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join