It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli police blasted for abusing Jerusalem children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"
Youngsters have testified how they were dragged out of bed in the dead of the night, cuffed and taken for investigation without being accompanied by their parents -- and sometimes without their family even being informed, it said"

The area where this seems to occur most frequently is Silwan,. I have been through Silwan and would compare it to the worst of inner city neighborhoods in The US. The Arabs that live there seem to be a thorn in the side of those that want to rid Silwan of their Arab majority and the police are complicit in this harassment.

Most of the kids taken are SUSPECTED of being rock throwers or other low level crime perpetraters. The discrimination is blatant as Jewish children would never be treated in this manner nor should they. I am curious as to what our Jewish members think about this sort of treatment for children
www.uruknet.de...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Israel is in the process of ethnic cleansing. They will not try to accomplish this feat overnight, but instead have a long-term goal of eliminating the Palestinians. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
The white people, did the same thing to the native Americans.

So, like America, Israel is good at lying, cheating, killing and stealing.

I would expect Israelis to defend the rendition of the children.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

It seems that is the government policy but keep in mind that this is ONLY getting attention because 80 professional Jewish Israelis are making it an issue with the government. If it were not for their concern we would have never heard about it. Israel is fortunate to have many "Jews of conscience" that hopefully will change Israel for the better. We can only hope.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

As I've said many times before- Most Israelis aren't aware of these kinds of things.. If this is true than this could turn into a big deal if taken to court, and it could easily be taken to court.

I suggest we see how this develops- Let's see what the Israeli media does with this, let's see what kind of public attention it gets, and I'd like to see more accurate details, I don't know if I trust this source..

It seems like some kind of idiotic scare tactic.. Something along the lines of 'Are you sure you want to throw rocks at cars? Look at what happens when you do'.. These children should be treated no different than Israeli children.

Although Israel children don't throw rocks at cars, they go to school. These people have schools, they should be encouraged to go, instead of being encouraged to go throw rocks. Children should not be involved in this.

As for Silwan, the Arabs and the Jews there have been living in peace for years, and now that there are plans for building a new tourist center, and some houses were built there illegally, suddenly there's an outcry.

The problem is both the Jewish and the Arab community leaders of Silwan agree to this plan, and the "trouble makers" are all outside elements. Right and leftwing extremists from both sides are flocking to Silwan to have their big battle, and the people of Silwan get stuck in the middle.

So no, this is no ethnic cleansing, and the Arab majority is not a thorn in the side of the Israelis.. Maybe, to extremists, but most Israelis just don't care.

new topics

top topics

join