It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

you never know man, you just never know!
lol

edit on 26-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: had to add things

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Redefine world history???

That is one big statement.

My mind runs wild with admittedly random speculation about what secret government information (most likely related to the U.S.) could redefine world history. I mean, these aren't scientific results getting leaked a few weeks before they are openly printed in a scientific journal.. This is government secrets. World History, is one hell of a thing to redefine, eh?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow!
Really?

Im amazed at how people are treating this like a game.
People "excited" about this,why?

NOTHING good will come from any of this.
I see few who seem concerned and more who would celebrate this.

Whether this is a controlled leak or something else,in the end only bad things will come of this.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Black_Fox because: SpellinG

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

If you live in la-la land, that is.

Here in the real world, what you just stated does not mesh with the events that have unfolded in the least.

If it didn't mesh, then your post would have a little more substance.

Nice try, people do actually have brains to think.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I'm curious do you think supressing the truth is a good thing? You think a government that isn't transparent is the best government? I'm not putting words in your mouth, i'm just asking a question.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by sonjah1

Yeah, Its frightening alright. The world really does not need China as an enemy; if China gets angry, we are screwed;

Unless the intent is to piss the Chinese off and force their hand?

I seriously doubt that, but one never knows. The call from Clinton could have been a kind of preemptive strike.

Being insulted, or pissed off by these leaks is one thing, having Hilliary tell you it is going to happen raises the level of anger a bit more perhaps.

If the U.S. is looking to make a pretext for war with China, this method would surely fail.

Julian says he can change the history of the world... I don't think so, but he can release leaked materials that will ultimately achieve specific covert objectives.

To a small degree the leaks have already had such an affect in Afghanistan and Iraq... Now the rest of the world?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Remember, most people don't see the real human drama of it. And I'm betting many of these commenter's are rather young and are naive enough to believe ideology is really the driving force here. The last Wikileaks release effective destroyed the pro-Iranian government forming in Iraq. And who benefits from that? I wonder who in the world has beef with Iran right now?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Looks like someone is trying to apologize in advanced.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
What I don't get is that I haven't even seen anything on the Wikileaks website. Nothing close to disclosing anything, anyway.

3 million documents set to go online:

Assessments of David Cameron’s election chances and his private assurances to U.S. officials may also be included, Government sources believe.

They fear they will emerge on Sunday in co-ordinated releases in newspapers in Britain, Germany and America.

The British government is so worried that last night it issued a D-Notice, warning that publishing the secrets could compromise national security.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Source

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Hahaha.. Well hell, we get to hear the cables from the Gov. even if they WL wasn't gonna release them. Maybe the U.S. are hoping people will accept these watered down "they kinda say this" and not read what they actually say.

That would be typical for most US folks. They are used to MSM, sound-bites, and only a small percentage will actually read the documents to see what they actually say....unfortunately...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

I'm curious do you think supressing the truth is a good thing? You think a government that isn't transparent is the best government? I'm not putting words in your mouth, i'm just asking a question.

Curiousty is a good thing,unless your that cat,and well...anyways

Transparency can be a good thing.
The truth can be a good thing.

But not when it comes in this form,theres more to this than I think we really get right now.
NONE of this is meant for the "average joe". This is a chess game for the world leaders to view.

Its to push an agenda we know nothing about.
And the only people who will be truly effected by the eventual fallout,are we "Average Joes"

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

3 MILLION? Wow!

-3 million documents set to go online
Bombshell leak thought to include:
-U.S. assessments of Gordon Brown
-Secret talks on return of Lockerbie bomber to Libya may also be leaked
-Allegations 'include U.S. backing of Kurdish terrorists'
-U.S. diplomats face being kicked out of countries in backlash
-Corrupt politicians expected to be named and shamed

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sounds like a plethora of info on multiple subjects, yes this will be interesting!
edit on 26-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

okay agreed, but I view this as like a check and balance system, I know thats not a good way to put it, but what i'm trying to say is i'm glad someone is takeing a stand and trying to make our government more transparent, or at least appearing to make our government more transparent. know what I mean?

The principle of it appears good..!

edit on 26-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: added things

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well.. they have to. Look what they are up against, hard to garner attention from that majority of the public for 400,000 documents. Especially when 2 and a half men is on. Plus they have to give a scan to make sure they aren't really getting someone killed. Like I said before, if they were to dissolve and have files they never released then it would be questionable, but as long as they are releasing everything (even at a pace) it's fine.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I see this in one of two ways:

1. Wikileaks has some big news. Not this crap that seems to go nowhere, like before. But something that may end up creating a mess somewhere.

2. The US uses Wikileaks as a psyops front, lending credibiliity to it by all this "chicken with their heads cut off" antics

Maybe both are true. Who knows. If it turns up a bust, then we are left wondering if the US government dodged a bullet, or if it is all just a sham (which i see as a 50/50 chance).

First rule of espionage: belief absolutely nothing. Not even your own sanity.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So I am looking for stuff on the internets ... and come up on this lovely post on what chicken mcnuggets are made of:

... the chickens' road to becoming part of the pink meat-ish sludge is far more terrifying than the making of the "friendly little shape."

"In the slaughterhouses of McDonald's U.S. and Canadian chicken suppliers, birds are dumped out of their transport crates and hung upside down in metal shackles, which can result in broken bones, extreme bruising, and hemorrhaging," according to PETA.

"Workers have the opportunity to abuse live birds, and birds have their throats cut while they are still conscious. Many birds are immersed in tanks of scalding-hot water while they are still alive and able to feel pain."

In the end, the body parts of hundreds, or even thousands, of individual chickens could be present in just a single nugget.

But I say to myself, this can't be right, this information is widely available and no one in their right mind would swallow this nonsense. I mean sure they taste ok and they are cheap but one would have to purposely go out of their way to live in willful and self imposed ignorance, choosing to not know how these nuggets are made, so they can swallow them and make their kids swallow them based on the rosy story McDonalds paints.

Note how in the above story the "extremists" at PETA are part of the source ... surely those bastards have an nefarious agenda! Still, I checked, and what they report is true.

International politics, relations, alliances are a dirty dirty business. It operates on the basis of unspeakable deals, abject cynicism, lies and betrayal, and those making them certainly want you and me to keep swallowing their disgusting product without ever knowing how they manufacture it.

One can keep suspecting the messenger at their leisure, but it will NEVER change the value of the message, be it wikileaks or in any other discussion, and it won't change how nuggets are made. But some of us want to be informed because some of care about what we swallow ... in food and in information.

Bon Appetit!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

okay agreed, but I view this as like a check and balance system, I know thats not a good way to put it, but what i'm trying to say is i'm glad someone is takeing a stand and trying to make our government more transparent, or at least appearing to make our government more transparent. know what I mean?

This is no check or balance,make no mistake about that.
If so,there would need to be a check and balance done on every country on this planet.

This constant pressure,releases and focus soly on the U.S should make you think twice.
Does the U.S have secrets? Most deffinatly.
Has the U.S done wrong,YES,but you hardly need the wiki-leaks to know that.

Again,how could this ever benefit US?
Because "we the people" arent going to do anything about it anyways,sad but true.

This is being released to posture the U.S for something in the near future,and you and I both know its nothing good.

This wiki ploy,seems to be forcing the U.S into a unavoidable situation.
Which if leads to war,nukes,and bullets have no names.
Wait they might as well have OUR names on them,cause we,in the end,will pay the price for these people.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Bradley Manning is in a military prison. Also our government is visiting others, that is not a facade. Sure some leaks may have been controlled, intentional from an anonymous source. It's logical that that could/would happen. BUT it's just as logical that someone would leak something for the hell of it. Actually it's more logical that someone would leak something for the hell of it because a controlled leak probably wouldn't get enough of a result (whatever that might be) to warrant it. Also why I tend to not believe they were controlled leaks, the outcome. The only thing that has really been shown casts our military in a negative light.
With Manning in prison and the preemptive chats with other nations I think the cables are legit (I think the the war docs were too though).

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm not gonna eat there anymore, wow thats horrible, makes me want to go vegan! I didn't eat there much anyway but this is just ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

well said, I know it's not a checks and balance system, that was a bad way to put it! Yea, were in complete agreement, this will be nothing good, but either way i'm still anxious, excited, jittery, however you want to put it about the leaks. Things are getting interesting.

I'm 16, what do you think the world will be like when i'm 30? Do you see it being COMPLETELY different or? I don't know I just feel tensions are boiling over in the world!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join