It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

it could also be the reverse of number 2. the current administration trying to keep the memories of republicans in power alive.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by babybunnies

Of course, the upside if she DOES get turfed, is that it will free her up to run against Obama as a Presdential contender in 2012.

Now that's a scary thought...
no second line required..

If they truly want to kill a great majority of the world starting with America, maybe it would be a good idea that they made Hillary President in 2012. The majority of the male population would then kill themselves. The embarassment of having a feminist like her as our president would be too much for most men. Later, the women would then kill themselves, having found out that Hillary was, in fact, A MAN! You're welcome Illuminati.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I feel that it is necessary we keep our governments feet to the fire. Someone has to do it as long as there are no causalities. With our government acting more and more in secrecy, we need all the information we can get. Let's face the facts and hope no one gets hurt. If we only knew of 1/2 of what goes on behind their closed doors, we would be in the midst of a revolution by now. Just MHO

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

www.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday spoke with the Chinese government about the expected release of classified cables by the Wikileaks website.

State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley confirmed Friday evening that Clinton spoke by phone with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi. He did not provide details.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Like anyone believes her.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

how can an Austrailian be charge with treason from the USA?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

how can an Austrailian be charge with treason from the USA?

Darn good question mate..
Guess they'll just have to hold him indefinitly without charge..Ohh and waterboard him heaps..
Not like they haven't done it before...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Ah, but that is the evil genius at work here. If the U.S. government really wanted to stop these leaks they would have done that long ago. wikileaks and all involved would no longer exist period. When will you people realize that? Study what has been released so far and try to understand the intent and implications and then know that you can expect more of the same here. No one is running scared. The hype is really building now.

Not necessarily, and I'm inclined to have to disagree. I think there are delicate wars within our governments - various factions fighting their own wars with each other. It's unclear to me who is on which side, or maybe all the "bad guys" are fabricating wars, while the rest of us are trying to figure out what's going on. In case everyone is unaware, the military has been given strict orders to NOT go to the wikileaks website, unless they want someone to come knocking on their door. So it doesn't make sense to me. If they want the info out there, then why go through the hassle of telling hundreds of thousands of people and their families they can't visit the site? It doesn't mean they cannot read the information, just as long as they don't obtain it directly from wikileaks. They are strongly monitoring the traffic flow.

Now, whoever it is that is funding this leak must have some SERIOUS connections and technology. That kind of technology isn't your normal run-of-mill computer lab.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest something....has anyone considered that wikileaks is either being run, supported or protected by a technologically advanced group that pails anything we have? Interpret that as you wish, but things aren't adding up in my book. I'm not buying that the government as a whole is fabricating this, because they most definitely are trying to stop it. The fact that they CAN'T stop it, tells me, given all our own technology, that they're fighting against something more powerful.

Now, one last statement....whatever comes out of those papers, I hope people realize that Government Officials do NOT equal the American people. It is my opinion that governments around the world have been infiltrated by some other group who is orchestrating their actions on a global scale. The question is....who? Or dare I say what?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7
Hey guys, I know this is out of topic but hasn't Timewave Zero/Webbot predicted something major happening that would drastically cause a change? Wouldn't this leak qualify as that?

No disrespect intended

but

timewave and 'bot are as useless as tits on a boar hog. How many times has it said "OH HELL! THIS IS THE BIG ONE ELIZABETH!!!"

This month has been 0 and 3 for the bot.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Its blatantly obvious that the COICA bill was designed specifically for preventing Wikileaks from releasing the information. It seems something big that [I] IS [/I] about to change the history of the world will really happen. Im starting to get scared/anxious/excited/depressed/happy/need to piss just thinking about it !

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My perspective on the matter is the same as its been:

It's Assange and his ilk that are ultimately going to prove to be the larger menace to all of us. Innocent and corrupt alike.

Always assuming, of course, that he isn't just blowing smoke.

I have said it before and probably will again: The motivations and reasoning behind why this 'information' is being leaked should be the real question being asked. First and foremost over the content of that information. That should be , especially on a website like this one, the number one most important question.

I'm much less interested in more dreary tales of corrupt and immoral world government actions( actions that have been the same old story for thousands of years now, without doubt) than I am in just what the hell this guy and his group of cyberleakers are ultimately hoping to accomplish. To expose corruption that we all suspect anyway? To cross the t and give nasty , exacting details to what any average joe probably imagines anyway?

I'm sorry, I just don't buy it at all, and to me personally, it strikes me the most telling that , even regardless of what the actual motivations for releasing these leaks may be in any case that absolutely the CONSEQUENCES of releasing that information have got to be known--by Assange/wikileaks.

And, again assuming it's not just BS, that result can only be either chaos or indifference. And I am betting my ass Assange is hoping for the former-----or else he could have clarified and explained his intent to begin with. I mean , dude, tell me WHY you/they even give a damn?

I'm saying he's more egomaniac with a mad on rather than any 'truth bringer'.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
as far as i can, tell, the founder of wiki leaks has his servers specifically housed in Sweeden or maybe is Switzerland because that country will allow the infomation to be connected to the the rest of the dns servers that the rest of use to find domains and web sites...

they don not acknowldge other countries laws about posting this kind of information,

hence the reason why an Austrialian has to go to other countries to continue the hosting of his web site...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Also, if anyone did watch the movie Operation:Endgame, it could be plausible that the main character in the movie that stole information, could be a direct mirror of someone who stole information from the government and gave it to Wikileaks. just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
One more parting thought on the matter, too:

The credibility of these leaks for the vast population of we netters or the ever fickle pop-society will ultimately be on whether or not the information leaked is deemed politically correct. (No, let me edit this:the leaks have got to be 'trendy' and hip to be assigned credibility by the masses.)

Think about it.
edit on 11/27/2010 by Clark Savage Jr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Sorry but I don't see you have a 'perspective'i n this matter - perspective assumes a depth of vision that seems to be lacking in your arguments

Assange and his ilk.... menace to us all....innocent and corrupt alike.

Scaremongering, without any evidence to support your statement.

"I have said it before and probably will again: The motivations and reasoning behind why this 'information' is being leaked should be the real question being asked. First and foremost over the content of that information. That should be , especially on a website like this one, the number one most important question."

NO
The first question should be is the information true, and relevant. IF IT IS, then the reasons for its release are only of importance if you, as an individual, allow it to influence your actions, and then ONLY TO YOU! The facts are inviolate.

By asserting a covert agenda for its release, without evidence in support, you are one again scaremongering.

"I'm much less interested in more dreary tales of corrupt and immoral world government actions( actions that have been the same old story for thousands of years now, without doubt) than I am in just what the hell this guy and his group of cyberleakers are ultimately hoping to accomplish. To expose corruption that we all suspect anyway? To cross the t and give nasty , exacting details to what any average joe probably imagines anyway?"

Obviously this isnt the case - the general public have NO IDEA just what atrocities are perpertrated in their name. Its called willfull ignorance. Just like a puppy pizzing on the kitchen floor, its easiest to ignore the mess until someone comes and rubs your noses in it. Thats what Assange is trying to achieve, and more power to him for it, too.

"I'm sorry, I just don't buy it at all, and to me personally, it strikes me the most telling that , even regardless of what the actual motivations for releasing these leaks may be in any case that absolutely the CONSEQUENCES of releasing that information have got to be known--by Assange/wikileaks."

Your not sorry, your saying that it doesnt matter how tptb behave, the truth of their actions are damaging and should be suppressed. You sound like a pentatroll to me.

"And, again assuming it's not just BS, that result can only be either chaos or indifference. And I am betting my ass Assange is hoping for the former-----or else he could have clarified and explained his intent to begin with. I mean , dude, tell me WHY you/they even give a damn?"

Chaos? Oh, but the world is sooooo well ordered at the moment, isnt it? Indifferent? But you already are!...Suppress, suppress, fingers in ears, la la la Im not listening.... scaremongering not working? try distraction.

Your argument is one dimensional, and based in YOUR belief that whatever your government does, thats ok (unless they do it to you, of course), and you don't want to know about it. Even your assertion that Assange is an egomaniac - based on what? that he's smarter than you, that he has the worlds attention, and your jealous? Mad? Because you don't like the truths wikileaks is revealing?
I don't know the guy, but I think hes one of the way coolest people alive today, I wish there were more like him and less like you on this planet, maybe the human race would have a better chance of survival.....before you talk of perspective, you'd do well to find some, rather than espousing your one dimensional view in your personal paranoia.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Icerider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

Well countered

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Thanks
Much appreciated!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Nonsense.

Besides playing silly debate club protocol enforcer, you talked a lot and said little.

There is no difference whatsoever between choosing to believe or accept or consider what the government says, releases or pushes than in believing or accepting or considering these leaks from Assange/wikileaks to be altruistic---particularly since Assange will not state his motivations.

Few are more distrustful of the government----or downright cynical--than I...it just seems a little suspect how willing so many are to embrace this fellow without knowing what he hopes to gain from the release.

Both sides are going to proclaim they are representing the truth and light anyway, correct?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by babybunnies
Personally, I think something big is about to break this weekend, some major news story, that has the United States Government running scared.

Ah, but that is the evil genius at work here.

If the U.S. government really wanted to stop these leaks they would have done that long ago. wikileaks and all involved would no longer exist period.

When will you people realize that?

Study what has been released so far and try to understand the intent and implications and then know that you can expect more of the same here.

No one is running scared.

The hype is really building now.

I agree. If the US government was scared of wiki leaks it would take it down and kill the leader. period.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No one questions the validity of the previous releases. So why don't you wait until they're released before passing judgement?

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

Nonsense.

Besides playing silly debate club protocol enforcer, you talked a lot and said little.

There is no difference whatsoever between choosing to believe or accept or consider what the government says, releases or pushes than in believing or accepting or considering these leaks from Assange/wikileaks to be altruistic---particularly since Assange will not state his motivations.

Few are more distrustful of the government----or downright cynical--than I...it just seems a little suspect how willing so many are to embrace this fellow without knowing what he hopes to gain from the release.

Both sides are going to proclaim they are representing the truth and light anyway, correct?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

If that was addressed to me, I agree we should all wait to pass judgement. The content is not at all what I think the biggest concern should even be anyway. Rather, its the motivations of those doing the releasing and the manner in which it is being conducted. Somewhat with a circus-like, party atmosphere. It was THEY that said this would be 'world-altering' and history shaking after all. Those implications are pretty extreme.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join