It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

www.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday spoke with the Chinese government about the expected release of classified cables by the Wikileaks website.

State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley confirmed Friday evening that Clinton spoke by phone with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi. He did not provide details.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ok as per my other thread I asked these basic questions regarding the wikileaks. Seems something major is about to break stay tuned.

I have to ask myself this....

Who would have the most to gain by releasing the info?

1. Some geeky internet do gooders?

2. The Republicans trying to drag the present administration across the coals even though it has exposed other actions by the previous administration?

3. China or Russia or both in an attempt to expose what goes on in back room maneuvers in order to put the US in a bad light?

Also I haven't read anybody thus far bring up the very real possibility that by Wiki releasing this information that it could possibly not only expose US wrong doing but also expose some rather embarrassing information about...

US/Chinese/Russian/_____

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think people deserve the truth..Nothing less will do..
We should know what our Governments really think rather than the lies they tell us in the media..

The US is in damage control which suggests they know they have done wrong..
BTW, I think Clinton is a bad choice to make the call..
If it's that serious I'd have expected Obama to say something, not that lieing biatch..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Personally, I think something big is about to break this weekend, some major news story, that has the United States Government running scared.

Apparently they have talked to the Canadian and British Governments too, amongst several others. In their own words, the US Government is admitting that the potential release will hurt their standing with many friends around the world and could lead to the expulsion of many of their diplomats and ambassadors from countries around the world.

The MSM are expecting a massive release of nearly 2 million documents "late Friday or sometime Saturday".

I would think this sort of embarrassment would make the Wikileaks founder a marked man for sure.

My guess is that the documents will relate to the 3 letter spy agencies of the United States conducting covert bugging and actions against friendly Governments and during talks with friendly Governments, or misleading them in some way other than what has already been published in relation to either the wars in Afghanistan and/or Iraq, or about 9/11.

I would also guess that if this is hugely embarrassing to the US diplomatic corps and ambassadors and diplomats are expelled en masse, diplomatic heads will roll, most likely Sec State Clinton.

Of course, the upside if she DOES get turfed, is that it will free her up to run against Obama as a Presdential contender in 2012.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

As I said on your other thread

Theres a new kid in town and his name is truth! S&F Go Julian Go

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I was going to go with number 3 but then it occurred to me that the public may be the ones who stand to gain the most, by being made aware of something that is so unsettling, there could be major strife.
I am also considering the possibility that the wikileaks may disclose some info about China's infiltrating, spying or setting up reconnaissance on our people and/or technology.
Whatever it is, it makes for a more enticing anticipation of the release.

spec

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Of course, the upside if she DOES get turfed, is that it will free her up to run against Obama as a Presdential contender in 2012.

Now that's a scary thought...
no second line required..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I also wonder if it all may lead to some being convicted of crimes, or will the courts throw out the evidence as inadmissable??
Maybe thats the plan..
Get all the evidence of crimes out there in a way that can't be used to prosecute!
Hmm, hadn't thought about that line before..Thoughts????

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
To me.... this means we have said some harsh, possibly even friendship breaking things about China behind closed doors.

As much as I would love for the newest leaks to be about many other subjects.. these behind the back discussions of our allies are going to be hard to save face from.

Nobody is going to walk away from this unscathed I predict.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Personally, I think something big is about to break this weekend, some major news story, that has the United States Government running scared.

Ah, but that is the evil genius at work here.

If the U.S. government really wanted to stop these leaks they would have done that long ago. wikileaks and all involved would no longer exist period.

When will you people realize that?

Study what has been released so far and try to understand the intent and implications and then know that you can expect more of the same here.

No one is running scared.

The hype is really building now.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I've thought a lot about how they got the info and why they would release it. I think it's a good mix, I would say there are some controlled leaks. These could even be used to exploit WL. Someone could send them info knowing WL will release anything it deems legit and make WL look like it has an agenda when really it is just releasing what it gets. I would also say there are some legit people that just want to get the info out there/ show the truth/just do it because it's something extraordinary to do and dangerous and different for their lives.

I think WL just releases everything to do so. People complain that they withhold some stuff, but until they disband still holding documents we don't know. Somethings may need to be held onto. Also, I've considered that they are an anarchist group and they release the stuff hoping it will incite the government to take action that the people wouldn't stand for thus forcing the people into action (ie Net control).

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dude... just release the freaking docs before I go insane. I goto work and come back hours later to see no docs??? Thats like coming home with no gazelle in the den!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I know!!!!!!!!!

they said they may be realeased late Friday and I was like woooot! And there not out yet! I'm waiting impatiently!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

They are covering all bases, It's likely China won't be the last (though honestly they have talked to most)

The U.S. has had the pre-emptive chat with:

Canada, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Russia, Australia, Iceland, and now China.
Also presumably Mexico, and anyone they hope to remain loyal in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Does everyone here have the insurance file? I know I've said it several times in several threads, but I kinda don't think this release will be like the others. I have reason to believe this one will be the password.
I'm not 100 percent, but I think it's likely.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Who said that? I hadn't heard anything like that? Remember the media jumped the gun on the Iraq docs and WL admonished them. Then WL ended up releasing them early anyway due to security breaches.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Things are really beginning to come to the surface.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Also I haven't read anybody thus far bring up the very real possibility that by Wiki releasing this information that it could possibly not only expose US wrong doing but also expose some rather embarrassing information about...

US/Chinese/Russian/_____

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Well, the WL twitter feed sad the release would redefine world history...

So I believe it would have to be something meta

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How can so many people still believe that this is propaganda being covertly released by the U.S. at this point?

With all the posturing and preemptive apologies that have happened within the last 72 hours ... it absolutely baffles me how this can still be considered.

If this much pre-apologies and warnings about "what you might read" are being sent to everyone.. what can the U.S. possibly stand to gain? Not much except strained relationships.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I think people deserve the truth..Nothing less will do..
We should know what our Governments really think rather than the lies they tell us in the media..

The US is in damage control which suggests they know they have done wrong..
BTW, I think Clinton is a bad choice to make the call..
If it's that serious I'd have expected Obama to say something, not that lieing biatch..

from the government standpoint, it is probably best not to tie in the President, or at least keep it to a minimum, considering he is the true representative of the country, you don't want to suggest that he is deep in the controversy. that way his subordinates are pinned with most of the criticism, and the Pres can point fingers and say 'Shame on You Hilary!'. Plus, if there are connections to Obama, I mean direct incriminating links to Obama, I would be shocked not the see an uprising. In fact I would be disappointed. he is the commander-in-chief. they always get the benefit of the doubt to some degree- not to mention immunity :/

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join