It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf Copies a Bear's Fishing Style --1st known time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It seems animals can be craftier and more intelligent then we give them credit. I just thought was was something you all might enjoy!

GrisGris

When it comes to food, they’re particularly fond of squirrel and hamster. But there comes a time when every wolf fancies a change.
After watching bear after bear catching salmon from the local falls, this one decided he might like a piece of the action.
Experts believe he copied the grizzly technique of fishing, leaping in the water to net himself a tasty haul.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have had five German Shepherds in my life and they are the smartest creature on four legs. I am sure wolves are smarter. 15 Salmon, I bet she was feeding the pack.

Good Doggie.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I bet his ass was cold.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Definitely, dogs are bright, wolves sometimes are scary smart. Luckily for th bear th wolf didn't grab some buddies and go after bigger game. Must have been Friday, just wanted some fish. Watch this.

Wolves attack bear

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
wolves are COOL! I love doggies! They are super smart too, and they look much bigger in person than on the computer screen. I like their fur, and their teeth.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
We've all heard of the "boy raised by wolves." Now we're seeing the wolf raised by bears... I can only imagine what the boy raised by wolves raised by bears will turn out to be like!

Pretty cool find. Amazing what animals can do!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jermicide

That's amazing. Thank you for sharing. Here's another cool animal video that's pretty widely spread...but in case you missed it:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

A couple more pics of the event embedded:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This was actually reported a long time ago. There are some pictures around of wolves actually scooping salmon out of a river as well as others of them waiting by waterfalls for the salmon to swim upstream.

I will have a look round for some of these pics and then post them here when I find them.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolabel
This was actually reported a long time ago. There are some pictures around of wolves actually scooping salmon out of a river as well as others of them waiting by waterfalls for the salmon to swim upstream.

I will have a look round for some of these pics and then post them here when I find them.

I'm sorry for the repost or misleading headline. I thought this was an original story and I did a bit of searching. But share more!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Reminds me of something that happened in my old house.

My cat learned by watching people knock on our front door using the letterbox that it will let her in, so she always used her paw on the letterbox to knock the door to come in haha.

Well one night, in the middle of the night, someone was knocking lightly with the letterbox on our door, and they would not stop, it was creepy.

It was even more creepy because our cat was inside the house, and there was no reason for anybody to knock this time of the night.

Well I opened the door, and what I saw was so funny, it was the neighbors cat haha. He had learned from always watching our cat doing the same thing to come in. It was funny how he sat there staring at me, even thou we have never interacted with him, I guess he was lonely and wanted company.

edit on 27-11-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join