It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Bowled for Murdoch's Dollars With Korean Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Kim Bowled for Murdoch's Dollars With Korean Games

www.bloomberg.com< br />

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has found an unlikely ally to help raise cash for his impoverished regime: The Dude, the pot-smoking underachiever played by Jeff Bridges in the movie “The Big Lebowski.”

Programmers from North Korea’s General Federation of Science and Technology developed a 2007 mobile-phone bowling game based on the 1998 film, as well as “Men in Black: Alien Assault,” according to two executives at Nosotek Joint Venture Company, which markets software from North Korea for foreign clients. Both games were published by a unit of News Corp., the New York-based media
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
crooksandliars.com

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What Murdoch is doing isn't illegal, but I find it funny he feels the need to hide the deal VIA a subsidiary. While games seem harmless in and of themselves it should be noted you can get a virus on your cell phone. A meaningless game can be the conduit.
Check this story out of china:
www.csmonitor.com...

It's also rather funny considering Murdoch owns Fox news.

www.bloomberg.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's not illegal (i don't think), but he certainly is doing his part to help pay for those bombs they are making.
It's actually really messed up.
Also while looking to see if it was in fact illegal what he was doing I came across this article that is kind of disturbing.

www.news24.com...

So much for freedom of speech and expression in South Korea.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Jeez! Would you knowingly put software on your phone if you knew ir came from NK??
I can see it now:

game installed
played game
game sux
game uninstalled

2 days later... ring ring "halllo! I em kalling fram yar baaank" "Yas sar, I need yar baank accant datailz"

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

Followed up by a email meesage that says all your bases R belong to us.

new topics

top topics

join