It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vehicle of a Vehicle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe that the human body is a complex vehicle, and is commanded by the soul or whatever you want to call it.

When I drive a car, I like to think of it as a vehicle driving a vehicle.

Because of this, we infuse said vehicle with its own unique personality and vibe.

For example, take two cars of the same make and model. These two cars over time will evolve into two very different cars based on who drives it.

Vehicle can also refer to a bicycle, skateboard, etc.

The gist of it is, next time you are commandeering a vehicle, think of it as a vehicle driving a vehicle. It's fun to have that mindset.

-SES
edit on 26-11-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Cars don't evolve.

The body is not a vehicle, it's not like an Avatar, we arn't sentient beings that are possessing mindless biological machines. We are the biological machine itself thus rendering your vehicle driving a vehicle mindset farcical.

When i'm driving my car or my skateboard i just think it is me, as a biological entity that is driving this car - "i think, therefore i am"

edit on 26/11/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I believe that the human body is a complex vehicle, and is commanded by the soul or whatever you want to call it.

When I drive a car, I like to think of it as a vehicle driving a vehicle.

Because of this, we infuse said vehicle with its own unique personality and vibe.

For example, take two cars of the same make and model. These two cars over time will evolve into two very different cars based on who drives it.

Vehicle can also refer to a bicycle, skateboard, etc.

The gist of it is, next time you are commandeering a vehicle, think of it as a vehicle driving a vehicle. It's fun to have that mindset.

-SES
edit on 26-11-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

How about Body-snatching(Biological equivalent of Grand Theft Auto)?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

u must be mad.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What happens to this soul driver when the brain becomes damaged or diseased (as in schizophrenia)? Does it bail out and leave the body to its own devices? As in calling AAA and requesting a new car?

My brother believes this too. He's never come up with a good answer to the onset insanity/damaged by injury condundrum as it pertains to the soul that would obviously be trapped inside this wreck of a body and brain until it finally dies.

What do you suggest happens in that situation, and what would be the upside for the soul in question of such a disaster?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

The controls get busted. Cut a few strings on a puppet does that mean there is no puppeteer?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Cars to develope their own nuiances and proclivities though. As well as what the user does to "personalize" it. Which is what the OP was talking about I think.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

The controls get busted. Cut a few strings on a puppet does that mean there is no puppeteer?

Seems a little sloppy for it to be a master plan of any sort. I guess I would expect more from something with such profound ramifications. Then again, some people don't see conscious existence as being anything important at all. As if humanity isn't anything more than a kiddie car ride at a weekend carnival.

I can't help feeling as if there's a bigger reason for a thinking beast that can examine itself.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

To learn my friend. Of course this is all my opinion. But the fact that reality can be cruel and "screwed up" doesn't directly mean there is or isn't something more. I think that is more man's childish hang-ups than anything else. In my opinion at least.

"I used to think that life was unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse, if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." -Marcus Cole Babylon 5

top topics

join