It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis want Saddam freed and back as President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Muadib.......heres a friendly suggestion.

Stop watching Fox News 24/7.....it has been shown to cause brain tumors and hallucinations.

Wake up and smell the falafel burning. The Iraqis are about as happy to have us there as boils on the rectum.

Prank monkey, youre absolutely right. The world would condemn and criticize us. Look how the British criticize us for not jumping into both world wars quicker. Look how the world bitches and moans how we imposed sanction on Iraq after the first gulf war. So on and so forth.

So, since we cannot possibly do anything right, she should, for a change, start looking after ourselves more. Like, all that money we have wasted occupying other countries could be used for energy research. Public transit development. College grants and loans, More tech and trade schools, ect. So, if we are going to be condemned for something, let it be condemnation for something thats gonna benefit us, and not a few rich people, for a change.

Good way of putting it. Cheap oil and cheap labor...two reasons why our security is at risk because we are unwilling, not unable, to develop the means to become more self-sufficient.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuaddibIraqis in general danced when we took control of Baghdag...so i don't understand how that helps your agenda....and there have been other Iraqis who have been working on ousting Saddam for a while now.

If you're referring to the toppling of the Statue of Saddam, that was a staged event. One of the people dancing in the streets after that was Chalabi. They say it was members of his group that were at the fall of the statue.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

[edit on 6-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
external image

Saddam: E tu Chalabi

To think I let you cut in line at the Pentagon payroll window. It makes me sick.

And when no one would talk you at U.S. Dictator Prep, who introduced you to Norriega, Amin, and Pinochet?

[edit on 2-7-2004 by BOHICA]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If the Iraqis want Sadaam back in power...Let those Iraqis, let all Iraqis never forget just these FEW things.. there are too many to mention:

The gassing of the kurds
The torture in the prisons
The torture of the Iraqi olympic team
The denial of food
The old electricity & water systems
The mass graves of murdered Iraqis
Not having the right to vote.. REALLY.. the right!
........................could go on and on and on

The sacrifice that our American Soldiers have made to give Iraqis and their
children a better future. The Iraqi people have to suffer, for but a short time, to have better future.. that should be one willing sacrifice. The American Soldiers have sacrificed thier lives for that. That is humanity.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Let us not forget that the Iraqis never really asked to be freed. You went in there on your own whim, now you are using people's deaths as an excuse for the Iraqis to respect you.

edit; As I have said previously, as long as you didnt get on the wrong side of Saddam, you'd be fine. I dont think many Iraqis could care about the Kurds, not many will ever make the olympic team (unless he keeps gassing them), some might say that torture for committing crimes is warranted.. At least they had consistently flowing water and electricity, something we still cannot offer now.
And I'm not too sure about the food, but I believe they were just as well fed as they are now. It's only because they didnt get anything during the war period that there were media pictures showing people fighting to get to the supply trucks

[edit on 2-7-2004 by browha]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
external image

Saddam: That wasn't me! I swear! This CIA guy comes over and tells me, " here, hold these chemical weapons for me." Hey, I dropped one, by accident, on the the Kurds. C'mon, nobody's perfect.

That other stuff was just Uday and Qusay blowing off some steam. You know teenagers these days. Torture, Mass Graves, Gang Rape, Crazy kids.

Uday's Greatest Hits, Punches and Stabbings

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I respectfully disagree on a few things... First of all the U.S. does not need the respect from a small country like Iraq. Second, if an Iraqi is using a computer right now to post to this website..then out of the entire country of Iraqi, they are the in the select group of Iraqis that have not had it as bad as the majority of the country. It's just little luxeries like the computer that the majority were denied... televisions that broadcast out of the country.. most were sheltered from the world outside of Iraq. Yes, I agree with you that the Iraqis did not ask the U.S. to come there. Nobody asks for war. The U.S. sure did not ask for Al Queda to kill thousands during the 911 attacks.

The electricity systems were so old and are being rebuilt by the U.S. Sadaam lived in his beautiful palaces.. how do you think he paid for those? The majority of Iraqi people suffered to make a living because he denied his people.. the majority of his people.. the money coming in from the Oil to rebuild the schools, hospitals, etc.

Most people lived in fear of him.. so of course, they didn't make it known that they despised him. Nobody else ran for president or didn't vote for him because they probably knew they'd be killed if they did.

I think alot of the Iraqis are scared after seeing him on t.v. because they are afraid there may be some way he'll get off now and still be president. Alot are probably fearful now.

I predict in another year and a half, the majority of Iraq will have a better life and future than they ever imagined possible.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Security and stability they did have under saddam Hussein. Food, running water, electricity. Most people are simple minded enough, as long as thier basic needs are met, they care not who is running the show.

That may be correct for Middle Eastern countries, but it doesn't seem to hold true for some other dictatorships.

I was in Romania towards the end of Nicolae Ceausescu's regime and spoke to many people who had lived under him for most if not all of their lives. From what I learned, I would say that about 80% of the people lived in fear of him and his secret police. The other 20% were either pro-Ceausescu or too scared to speak to me of what life was like.

I found that the farther away from Bucharest people were, the more likely they were to talk with me about what conditions really were. In Transylvania for example, people actually said that they would prefer Vlad the Impaler to return, since he at least was a just ruler. In fact they had a saying when discussing the Ceausescu regime - "Oh where are you now, Vlad Tepes".

The revolution, when it came. started in the Transylvanian town of Timisoara.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

SADDAM: You all are a bunch of roaches. You need people like me so you can point your F***ing finger and say "Thats the bad Guy"!

SADDAM: This is the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell you.

JUDGE: I love that movie also.....Pachinos my idol.

SADDAM: Cool huh.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by REASON]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
BOHICA, your captions are killer! The "You're out of order!" one had me DYING!

As for anyone wanting Saddam back... well, I can bet that if we said "ok, take a walk" and not only released him, but returned him to power, the streets would be running with urine before blood cuz some people would piss themselves with fear. I'm sure his evil little mind already has quite a list of names drawn up, people who would be first into the wood chipper.

It may be true that the Iraqis are unhappy now. But I believe if that's the case it will pass. Unfortunately I don't believe anything I read anymore, no matter the source. It's just too easy to slant things. I remember they showed people running out of the stores with satellite dishes and saying that was probably the number one item bought by Iraqis in the first days of liberation. For better or worse, they've now been exposed to things they never would have seen under Saddam. They can't "unsee" them. Eventually we'll leave to go and stomp on somebody else (right or wrong) and they will be left with maybe a corrupt government.. .maybe a pushover government... maybe some kind of civil war... but no Saddam n' Sons. That's an improvement right there. They've been handed a chance but it's up to them to do something worthwhile with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Absolutely Torque, it is in their hands. And a range of opinions is one of the hallmarks of a strong and free society. From the moderate and realistic, to the dangerous and extreme. The BBC article below interviews more Iraqi's with differing viewpoints on Saddam.

Mixed Iraqi verdicts on Saddam in court

Regardless of their specific opinion, it is clear that the trial of Saddam will greatly impact the people and new government of Iraq. Maybe even us.

Anyway, it's gonna be a good show! Better than O.J.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In court with Saddam was fellow defendant, and former defense minister, Sultan Hashem Ahmed. He is charged with the 1988 Halabja massacre and the Anfal "ethnic cleansing" campaign against the Kurds.

external image "Uh, we were to understand there'd be pie and punch?"

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
[so you prefer security and comfort over freedom?

Isnt that what the American people prefer and have allowed to happen here in the USA?

NeedTruth

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
True, Pisky, but,

The difference is, the Romanians revolted on thier own and overthrew him on thier own volition. They did not turn or ask or have an outside invading force come in, and take over. The fact that they overthrew him thierselves and set up a new govornment shows the people were truly fed up and wanted change, and brought about the change themselves.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Of course the sunni want saddam back they were his favorite people. I ll bet if you ask a shiite or a kerd you will not get such a warm embrace for saddam.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't believe our prescence was required in Iraq, but now that we're there, unless we stay there, it'll fall into a state of chaos, and if Saddam falls back into power, thousands of lives were lost in vain...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I saw an interview with Mamoun Fandy, PHD over the weekend (or maybe Friday?) which brought up something interesting to me. He said that the Arab world will be watching this very closely because it's the first time an Arab leader has been brought to trial. He said they're either usually shot or "go away", which kinda made me laugh. Not "brought to justice".

I wonder if Saddam gets a harsh sentence like death, how might it affect the actions of the other countries' leaders? It seems they'd have nothing to fear since it's a cinch Bush won't get any backing to invade/liberate/have tea with any other countries in the near future. If he's re-elected, he won't target anybody big like the Saudis and if he's beaten, the next guy won't turn a harsh eye to anyone. So if they'd have no fear of us, then who? Maybe their own people will get ideas? Somehow I doubt it, but I might be missing it. Anybody? What effect will Saddam's trial and eventual punishment have on the other Arab World leaders?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Great that you posted this. Saw an article last week which said several hundred Iraqis were marching *with rocket launchers* chanting pro-Saddam slogans.

Also talked to a Pakistani guy in NYC who said Iraqis do indeed prefer
Saddam in power because "it's his land and he gave people jobs."

WE HAVE TO GET OUR SOLDIERS OUT OF THERE.

This is a total waste for us! Don't you all see that????

Bin Laden has not been found. Our government, sadly, thinks the American populas is too stupid to realize this! They think we'll focus on Saddam and forget that Bin is the one who took down the towers.

Sad thing is....most Americans ARE too stupid to realize this.

DEMAND OUR TROOPS LEAVE IRAQ, PEOPLE. THEY ARE GETTING SLAUGHTERED OVER THERE FOR A POPULAS WHO LIKES SADDAM BETTER THEN US. WHY SHOULD WE RISK OUR SOLDIERS FOR THEM??????

FIND BIN LADEN!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
(Delta House faces Dean Dubya's charges at Faber's Greek Council.)

external image

Delta Chi name Butcher of Baghdad: "Point of parliamentary procedure!"

[edit on 6-7-2004 by BOHICA]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ultimately, I have to agree. It's handed over already, they want their own security and military, so split and find bin Laden. I can't believe we haven't gotten him in custody yet. If Bush said tomorrow "I want to send troops into North Korea/Iran/Saudi Arabia", I'd be totally against it. But if he said he wanted to throw everything possible into hunting bin Laden, I'd back the action completely.

Maybe that's the rabbit he'll pull out of his hat close to election time. It'd have to be something pretty big to get him a second term, I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join