It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis want Saddam freed and back as President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent
i think what they meant was that the US shld fix all its problems in its own backyard before attempting to solve its neighbours. its like this guy trying to fix his friends marital problems when his wife wants to divorce him and his kids are taking drugs.

and if we took care of our problems first the world would accuse us of isolationism and basically think we didnt give a damn about the world, only ourselves.

damned if we do and damned if we dont. we anger this group of people or that group of people. you cant make everyone happy.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BOHICA

But why am I explaining this to you. You must remeber the 2000 presidential "election."

[edit on 2-7-2004 by BOHICA]

Bush did not steal the 2000 election......Quite the contrary and it has been proven several times...... This is the same crap some people keep repeating as if it was true....the same as the Bush Hitler link....pure bunk, there is no proof that Prescott Bush directly aided or even knew about the connection... and even "if" it was true, the sins of the father, or grandfather in this case, are not the sin of the son or grandson.

Is everyone forgetting the way JFK's father's made his fortune? I'll give you a hint, think smuggling scotch....and it was nearly impossible to do this without the help of the mafia at that time.... Did JFK become a bad person because of this?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
and if we took care of our problems first the world would accuse us of isolationism and basically think we didnt give a damn about the world, only ourselves.

damned if we do and damned if we dont. we anger this group of people or that group of people. you cant make everyone happy.

no bcoz not everyone views the US to be a super power-glorious and mighty and needs to put the welfare of the rest of the world before its own citizens.

the rest of the world would respect the US decision if it said hey ive got my own problems to solve first before i go and fix everyone elses. once ive got my problems fixed i ll help you with yours so i dont look like a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The united states citizens already have it 100x better then half the countries in the world. If you ask me, we don't need anymore "fixing" as you say.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Saddam: That's my point exactly. Don't pin the sins of my role models on me. I may admire Stalin, but I only admire the good Stalin: trains on time, electricity for the masses, safe streets; you know.

And proof, you want proof? I won that election fair and square. Just ask anyone.

link   
No country in the world will ever be able to take care entirely of every problem in its society, ever... Every country in the world has, and had problems no matter what they tried. Saddam had showed in the past what he would do with wmd and he was denied to have any except some missiles that had a range of 93 miles, (I think) but that was it. He went against the ruling of the world and was found with banned weapons and parts, some of which he used against the US, the coalition and Israel if memory serves me.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Muaddib]

link   

Originally posted by agent

no bcoz not everyone views the US to be a super power-glorious and mighty and needs to put the welfare of the rest of the world before its own citizens.

the rest of the world would respect the US decision if it said hey ive got my own problems to solve first before i go and fix everyone elses. once ive got my problems fixed i ll help you with yours so i dont look like a hypocrite.

do you really believe this? the mere suggestion of this on message boards alone has made people say that we only care about ourselves and were being isolationists.

personally i think we should handle our own problems first, its only right we should look out for ourselves and help our own before helping others and being nice to other countries and humanity is a good thing but not at the expense of this country's own people. by helping others before helping your own people out is only displacing the suffering, not serving to get rid of it.

i agree with you but i've seen a lot of people on boards react negatively to the idea. with some people no matter action the government could has or will take they are never happy. i would like to think this is the view of a small minority and i can only hope it trully is. i cant imagine anyone truly faulting another country for wanting to take care of itself first.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
The united states citizens already have it 100x better then half the countries in the world. If you ask me, we don't need anymore "fixing" as you say.

100x. you have me there, ok then.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Saddam: That's my point exactly. Don't pin the sins of my role models on me. I may admire Stalin, but I only admire the good Stalin: trains on time, electricity for the masses, safe streets; you know.

And proof, you want proof? I won that election fair and square. Just ask anyone.

Sorry, but those are some of the most absurd comments i have read with nothing solid to back them up...anyways, what are you a Saddam wannabe?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

bohica...keep it coming. you can earn a living with this

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Saddam: You know, when I had to decide whether to help my neighbors solve their "excess oil" problems, or direct my efforts inward toward helping my countrymen with their "freedom" issues, I found it very helpful to ask WWSD (what would Stalin do)?

But you all can substitute George for Stalin.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
do you really believe this?

yes i do, thats why i said it. however i dont expect anyone else to believe it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
...Saddam had showed in the past what he would do with wmd and he was denied to have any except some missiles that had a range of 93 miles, (I think) but that was it. He went against the ruling of the world and was found with banned weapons and parts, some of which he used against the US, the coalition and Israel if memory serves me.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Muaddib]

so are you saying saddam was denied WMD? but had other kinds of weapons which every sovereign country would have?

anyway, i agree with you that every country has its own problems and would not be able to solve each and every one.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
external image

Saddam: Hey, I didn't want to say anything earlier, but there's this guy outside, Osam Bin Something, and he's telling eveyone how he's gonna kick your a$$. I mean, I don't know, but you better handle your business.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
The problem is that you think they lived like slaves.
They had internet access, food, water, what more could you ask? life was good as long as you didnt wrong saddam

Hahahaha...they also had no cars available to the public more modern than 1980s, and thus they had no parts to keep them running.

They also had one of the higher infant morality rates of that region. And a lower average life span than that region.

A few million (the Sunnis, the author of this article) lived fine while the majority (Shiites) lived in abject poverty and terror.

Grow-up kid before you play politics.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Bohica,

LOL, you're a as a natural caption writer..

Seriously, when you are done, collect them and send them to Dennis Miller
or the Daily show. use powerpoint or something, make a slideshow.

Any of you think that these people are under the spell of
a sort of "National Stockholm Syndrome".

Like prisoners of fear of an entire regime?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I totally agree with Saddam. W Bush is the one who should be being tried for war crimes. Bush snr lied to Saddam before 1990 to create a situation which would lead to war. (The invasion of Kuwait, land I believe used to belong to Iraq).
How can you say it is wrong for Saddam to suppress a revolt, does anyone think Bush or Blair wouldn't do the same if there was a general uprising, you would get slapped hard from the military thugs and put in your place. What about when there was 1 million people on the streets to protest the war (thats only the people that turned out), did Blair democratically listen, take heed of the people that voted for him. Did he f&*k.
Saddam finds himself in the unfortunate position of not having a PR and spin machine working for him just now.
I think there's every chance he could walk away a free man and deservedly so.
When you see Iraqi criminals talking about how they were imprisoned and taken from their homes in the middle of the night, what do they expect, it happens in the US and the UK. A criminal is a criminal.
And I'm sick of people saying he gassed his own people, if they were his own people why are they referred to as Kurds and not Iraqis.
Saddam is no more a dictator than the criminals that run USA inc. and UK.Ltd
And the sorry thing is its all true.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Lexus Panther,

He deserves to walk away a free man?
And you weren't kidding.
(time out, I'm having a good laugh)

Ok.
Yeah, Let's let him go. He's a good guy. After all, the 100,000's of people he killed, with WHOEVERS weapons and Money...That never really happened.
It was exaggerated. Maybe a gun went off, accidentally. One person killed, the rest died of shock.. He didn't mean it,
that guy slipped into the tank of acid, the other 300 died trying to save him.

I'm happy to see that Saddam has a fan club, Lexus..

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
the coalition are doing not too badly themselves. 10,000?
I think there may not be any Iraqis left in a few years.
I suppose that would solve a few problems for Bush and Blair.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Muadib.......heres a friendly suggestion.

Stop watching Fox News 24/7.....it has been shown to cause brain tumors and hallucinations.

Wake up and smell the falafel burning. The Iraqis are about as happy to have us there as boils on the rectum.

Prank monkey, youre absolutely right. The world would condemn and criticize us. Look how the British criticize us for not jumping into both world wars quicker. Look how the world bitches and moans how we imposed sanction on Iraq after the first gulf war. So on and so forth.

So, since we cannot possibly do anything right, she should, for a change, start looking after ourselves more. Like, all that money we have wasted occupying other countries could be used for energy research. Public transit development. College grants and loans, More tech and trade schools, ect. So, if we are going to be condemned for something, let it be condemnation for something thats gonna benefit us, and not a few rich people, for a change.

BOHICA........your pictures and captions have earned you a TWAT vote

By the way.......does anyone think that Saddam looks absolutely smashing in his new duds? he has gone from nerdy looking dictator to hobo flea bag....to tres chic......so GQ! Nice hair do. Nice duds. Send hiom to New York, hook him up with his own Park Ave pimp palace.......

Way better than that dull, stick up the ass military uniform look. MUUUUCH better.

I think i shall call up my old gay boss and have him start up a colum: Queer Eye for the Dictator Guy".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join