It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis want Saddam freed and back as President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
AF1

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So what are all the American Forces gonna do if Saddam retains power?

What about all the companies over there?

Will America have to stay and defend their new businesses?

Would the U.N. recognize Saddam as the leader of Iraq?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah, poor Macdonalds.................

Deep

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As usual...Skadi has hit this nail right on the head....

While I doubt the majority in Iraq want him back...I don't doubt that the majority would prefer a dictator over democracy... It's hard for us to understand, but it's all they've known for thousands of years, and it is also ingrained in their very way of life, in all facets, not just politics....

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Under Iraqi law Saddam remains president of Iraq because he was overthrown in an illegal invasion, Hughes said. Therefore, he said, Saddam still has immunity from prosecution.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Saddam: Wait! What was that, I'm still President? Can I get a copy of that.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
Just how happy would they really be? If they want Saddam back then let 'em have him. Just be sure to give us the oil to pay us back for all the billions we spent on liberating your bottoms!! You'll never be able to repay the loss of soldiers lives....what ingratitude!! makes me sick!!

You forget that the USofA was not invited to liberate the Iraqis. The USofA has liberated from their homes, families, life necessities, and 10,000 lives. How liberated can you get?
As for Saddam and his Baathist brotherhood, he provided the unifying force that held the Kurds, Sunnis and #e in detente. People could go out to dinner at 9PM without fear of being shot dead (until the Americans arrivedNo Iraqis danced in the streets on Wednesday. That says a lot.
In this country, if you received unsolicited material, you are not obligated to pay for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
if its the will of the people to have him reinstated then so be it.
iraqis never asked to be liberated and the coalition hiding under the veil of WMD invaded iraq.

unnecessary-
loss of life, disruption to peoples lives, waste of tax payers money.

"Hundreds of thousands of people in white shirts poured onto the streets of Hong Kong yesterday to vent their frustration at Chinese rule and challenge Beijing's refusal to allow them to elect their own leaders."

is the US and coalition gonna help the people of HK? now i would love to see HK being liberated. with the current US policy id suggest folks to start prepping themselves for a draft because bush is just getting warmed-up. is n korea/iran next too?

can you have elections when the country is at war?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent

"Hundreds of thousands of people in white shirts poured onto the streets of Hong Kong yesterday to vent their frustration at Chinese rule and challenge Beijing's refusal to allow them to elect their own leaders."

this is nothing if you consider chinese population

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug

Originally posted by agent

this is nothing if you consider chinese population

Hong Kong and China are two very separate entities, together in name only. The fact that they could protest in the first place, after the handover, speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't think many people in here have read that article in its entirety.
First, it says "some" Iraqis want Saddam back. Then it says "many" Iraqis want Saddam to be executed, and some would rather have him suffer for the 35 years of suffering and brutality he gave to many Iraqis. Were there Iraqis that wanted Saddam in power? of course, some of them were not suffering under his regime and were living a pretty good life, but the rest were suffering.

The following is an excerpt from one of those people who loved Saddam and whose statement can be found on the link provided by

' "Saddam was our president and we were happy with him so who are these infidels to take him away?" said Hana Majid, whose eldest son lost his job as a senior officer when the United States dissolved the army after last year's war.

"All those people in mass graves were just rabble who deserved everything they got." '

Excerpted from.
www.reuters.co.uk...

Of course those people that benefited from Saddam's regime are going to protest...

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Security and stability they did have under saddam Hussein. Food, running water, electricity. Most people are simple minded enough, as long as thier basic needs are met, they care not who is running the show.

Look at Adolf Hitler. germans tolerated and revered him because he fed them and kept them employed, and seemingly didnt care about the gestapo, concentration camps, and ethnic cleansing of the slavs.

The point I am trying to make is that people have different values. Democracy must start from the bottom up. If the people tolerated Saddam Hussein, that means they had no real desire for western style govornments. They are happy with being beat with a stick, so long as they can eat and watch TV.

The idea of liberating Iraq is laughable. Liberate them from what? A dictator they were content with?

Thus, those who support this war under the premis we "liberated" anyone are on drugs. How do you liberate people from a system they not only tolerate, but revere?

It comes down to national soverignty. Saddam was NOT the huge threat they were made out to be. Im sure they were planning thier own individual attacks on US military bases in the region via thier spy network. So? So is just about every pther friggin nation in that god forsaken region!!!!! Why just Iraq?

And I still say, we should have left him alone and went after the Saudis, who are the REAL problem, not only breeding terrorists, but the ideals and the money to fund them.

Skaddi, your statement that those people who thought that we liberated Iraqis are on drugs is really more absurd than the Hitler analogy.

Even the Iraqis that want Saddam back agree that he killed hundreds of thousands of people, but to them those people are just like ants, not even worth noticing....

Are you saying that those hundreds of thousads saddam killed were content? please........
Your comment on drugs comes to mind when you made this statement....

Would you prefer if Hitler was back in power too? please, that was an absurb analogy for trying to make your case. It is true that in Hitler's case most Germans did not suffer under him, but there were many that did suffer, mainly German Jews and other germans that helped their jewish friends. The world is better off that we attacked and ousted Hitler from power, just as the world is better off that we did attack and ousted Saddam from power...

Not all Iraqis were content with Saddam, in fact most of them wanted him gone, and they still do.

BTW once more....those people who think we stopped the war on terror with Iraq and that we are not going after other terrorist countries are kidding themselves. Iraq and Afghanistan were just the beginning of the war on terror.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Funny how Americans now seem to care so deeply for the Iraqi people, if only to support W. Bush and not make him out to be a liar.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
Just how happy would they really be? If they want Saddam back then let 'em have him. Just be sure to give us the oil to pay us back for all the billions we spent on liberating your bottoms!! You'll never be able to repay the loss of soldiers lives....what ingratitude!! makes me sick!!

I sat down to respond to this crap, but what's the point? You're ignorance significantly outpowers any logical examples of alternate thinking.

I will leave you with this thought though, perhaps you agree that those billions you spent on "liberating their bottoms" could have been put to better use back at home in the US, helping your education system, the public health system and generally looking after your own backyard rather than someone elses. Then perhaps you wouldn't be in this mess.

Sure, I'm glad Saddam Hussein has been knocked off his perch, but quite honestly he wasn't a threat to me or you, unlike other dictators who are much bigger fish in need of frying.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croker
Funny how Americans now seem to care so deeply for the Iraqi people, if only to support W. Bush and not make him out to be a liar.

Part of us going over there was to help the Iraqi people that were under his regime, so why are you so shocked now? did you just find this out?

As for the lies you are talking about, you have to be more specific. What that there were no wmd in Iraq? The UN, and even the Russians, who are trying to wash their hands from any links to the wmd imo, are saying that they have proof that indicates he did have them.

" SADDAM Hussein had the ability to unleash biological and chemical weapons "at short notice" on foreign nations, according to a potentially explosive new report by inspectors.

The leaked document, written by Charles Duelfer, the new director of the Iraq Survey group, concludes that hard evidence does exist that Saddam had the ability to wreak terror with the weaponry.

Furthermore, there was evidence that he was plotting to expand his facilities last year, prior to the invasion of British and American troops.

Duelfers report provides what he calls "new information" on Saddams military build-up. "Iraq did have facilities suitable for the production of biological and chemical agents needed for weapons. It had plans to improve and expand and even build new facilities," he says in the report, seen by Scotland on Sunday.

Duelfer says he has fresh evidence that long-range ballistic missiles were being tested. He also reveals evidence from a research centre in Iraq where scientists were found to have been apparently testing commercial biopesticide, which can be used as anthrax. "

Excerpted from.
scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...

Some people keep saying there is no evidence for the wmd in Iraq....when the whole world now says there is....

Are the people still claiming that there were no wmd in Iraq thinking that perhaps if they keep repeating this it will come true?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Its funny, its not just some. Its atleast 40% that want him to be free.

We did all of this for nothing, [Sighs] What are we going to do if they let him go free?

Hi! Just wondering, where did you get this figure of 40% from?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Excuse me BOHICA!

You should really change your topic to SOME Iraqi's ............

Mostly the most in FALLUJAH/////////////////WHY?

BECAUSE that's where the majority of his supporters are.......

why do they think this?? Because they don't agree with the government in Iraq because it wasn't elected by Iraq...

The funny thing is...

Iraq never got a democratic vote... There was on only one man on the ballot at election time before 2004, and that was Sadam...

Isn't that funny.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I will leave you with this thought though, perhaps you agree that those billions you spent on "liberating their bottoms" could have been put to better use back at home in the US, helping your education system, the public health system and generally looking after your own backyard rather than someone elses. Then perhaps you wouldn't be in this mess.

I've been seeing statements like this pop up in every Iraq thread.. and what really amuses me, is that the people that make these statements really believe that before the War in iraq, that our education system wasnt already in rubble, the public health system continued to raise rates, and our own backyard was just as crappy as it is now.

Or even to go as far to say that if we didn't go to war, any number of things would be different now, because we'd oh so wisely use the money differently.

Or, we'd just pump the 200 billion right back into our military machine and continue to ignore the aches and pains of America like they've done for YEARS before.

Get a clue, deny ignorance.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by rwsdakota]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Saddam: Okay, so I was the only one listed on the ballot. At least I didn't give my people a false sense of "choice."

It only causes bad feelings when they try to vote someone else into office, only to have me steal the election.

But why am I explaining this to you. You must remeber the 2000 presidential "election."

[edit on 2-7-2004 by BOHICA]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
BOHICA- I am enjoying your posts : )

People, Saddam didn't give everyone in Iraq electricity. He didn't make the trains run on time.
He held power by an iron thumb firmly planted on the jugular of his enemies. It was a country run by a minority group; the minority lived better than remaining majority. Rest assured that the majority of Iraqi's are glad he is gone, I think that most also would like the Americans to be gone ASAP as well. The Americans have done a good thing ridding the world of Hussein and company, his son's were worse than he was and would have held power after his death. The future was proactively changed by the White House. There is a chance for a democracy in the Middle East; the only other democracy is Israel. If the Arabs fail to lift themselves from despotism, we should allow the Kurds to do it themselves with a sovereign state.. The cradle of civilization should be able to pull off a simple democracy. I hope they succeed. They deserve a better life.

Variable

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2ts2
You forget that the USofA was not invited to liberate the Iraqis. The USofA has liberated from their homes, families, life necessities, and 10,000 lives. How liberated can you get?
As for Saddam and his Baathist brotherhood, he provided the unifying force that held the Kurds, Sunnis and #e in detente. People could go out to dinner at 9PM without fear of being shot dead (until the Americans arrivedNo Iraqis danced in the streets on Wednesday. That says a lot.
In this country, if you received unsolicited material, you are not obligated to pay for it.

Actually we did get many requests from Iraqis to oust Saddam and help bring down his regime.

I remember watching the hearings and what many of these Iraqi dissidents were telling us about their families living in Iraq and suffering under Saddam's regime.

Iraqis in general danced when we took control of Baghdag...so i don't understand how that helps your agenda....and there have been other Iraqis who have been working on ousting Saddam for a while now.

' DEARBORN, Mich.In the dim basement of a tiny house here, despondent Iraqi men sit on the floor mulling a plan to overthrow President Saddam Hussein. They are marsh Arabs from the south, a few tribal leaders and clan elders, a former Iraqi army officer and four Shiite Muslim holy men. '

Excerpted from.
www.library.cornell.edu...

Iraqis protest against Saddam Hussein and for the U.S. with during a non-violent protest in front of the Palestine Hotel in downtown Baghdad, Iraq on April 16, 2003. This was the second day that non-violent protests have been held in front of the Palestine, which has been the home of many of the foreign press.

A group of Iraqi children pose for a photo while their parents receive food and water in the town of Ar Rutba, Iraq, April 12, 2003.

Excerpted from.
www.usaid.gov...

Before the war on Iraq there were more children in iraq dying because of the UN sanctions, at least 500,000 of them, under the age of 5.... This information comes from the UN, not the US.

slate.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
I've been seeing statements like this pop up in every Iraq thread.. and what really amuses me, is that the people that make these statements really believe that before the War in iraq, that our education system wasnt already in rubble, the public health system continued to raise rates, and our own backyard was just as crappy as it is now.

i think what they meant was that the US shld fix all its problems in its own backyard before attempting to solve its neighbours. its like this guy trying to fix his friends marital problems (his neighbour beats his wife but provides food and good education for his children) when his wife wants to divorce him and his kids are taking drugs.

[edit on 2/7/04 by agent]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join