It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis want Saddam freed and back as President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"I don't know why they are trying Saddam. He is guilty of nothing," said Ahmed Abdallah, a student from Baghdad's Sunni Muslim Adhamiya district, once favoured by Saddam.

"If it were up to me, I would bring him back as president today, not tomorrow."

www.reuters.co.uk...

It seems the ex-President has retained his base. This is after just one day. Wait until he has television exposure for over a year, his popularity may rise and his supporters become more active. I hope the Iraqi's are prepared to manage this guy.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by BOHICA]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I bet young Abdallah still believes everything he was taught in the school when Saddam was in power, I would also say his family was unaffected by the mustard gas attacks in Saddams past, I would also think that Abdallah's family had there noses shoved where the sun don't shine to avoid the wrath of Saddam, maybe even participated in some of the atrocities themselves, but Abdallah is young, he will learn the truth and know how misguided he was.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its funny, its not just some. Its atleast 40% that want him to be free.

We did all of this for nothing, [Sighs] What are we going to do if they let him go free?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ok look at this;
How many terrorist attacks were occuring a day under Saddam's Regime
and how many under Coalition rule
You tell me which you would prefer
If you dont step out of line against Saddam, everyone lives fine.
All he needs is a slap on the wrist to spend more money on developing his nation.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Defense Attorney: My friends...This case moves me deeply. Look at Chicolini...He sits there alone...An abject figure.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by BOHICA]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Browha, they didnt need terrorist attack under Saddam because he did a good enough job terrorizing people themselves.

It wasnt just a matter of "stepping out of line" against Saddam. If you were related to someone who stepped out of line against saddam, you were toast. If you were suspected of knowing someone who stepped out of line against saddam you were toast.

But I concur, Saddam should be released and put back in charge, because its like Ive been telling you people, Iraq is incapable of succesful democracy. They still need dictators, they arent socially developed enough for anything else. The stick is all these people understand.

Many military advisors before the war warned of it, suggested we leave Iraq alone. But we didnt listen.

The Shiites and the Kurds did not want him back. This si why we should plit the country up, seeing how the country itself is artifical, comprised of traditional enemies who were forced to live under the same flag by a British mandate.

Its just like nam. All those dead people...for nothing, when the Iraqis were prefectly content with saddam's abuses. Should have left him alone.

Democracy in the middle east is like honoest in Washington DC. Youre on good drugs if you believe in either.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Please dont get me wrong though, I am not condoning Saddam Hussein's actions
I am just saying Iraq was a heck of a lot more stable back then than it is now and the people were probably happier, their children could go to school, they had electricity, food, water..

The only thing any real person wants in this world is to have children, watch them grow old, and have children of their own. No one wants war and death, this is the equilibrium that we day by day stray from

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
He's going for that Al Gore professor look.....

[edit on 1-7-2004 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Saddam: I abject!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Please dont get me wrong though, I am not condoning Saddam Hussein's actions
I am just saying Iraq was a heck of a lot more stable back then than it is now and the people were probably happier, their children could go to school, they had electricity, food, water..

The only thing any real person wants in this world is to have children, watch them grow old, and have children of their own. No one wants war and death, this is the equilibrium that we day by day stray from

so you prefer security and comfort over freedom?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The problem is that you think they lived like slaves.
They had internet access, food, water, what more could you ask? life was good as long as you didnt wrong saddam

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
The problem is that you think they lived like slaves.
They had internet access, food, water, what more could you ask? life was good as long as you didnt wrong saddam

and if someone had said that about bush you'd snap. we'd all snap if we were treated like this.

like an abused spouse who still believes their husband or wife still loves them very much and only beats them yells at them or controls them because they care these iraqis have been so abused and brainwashed into believing he was some kind of great person.

you can get use to hanging by your neck if you do it long enough.

i feel sorry for them as much as i feel sorry for those who continue to put up with the abuse from their spouse, they dont fully understand they're being abused. being abused raped maimed crippled killed gassed isnt love compassion or caring. this is all they know.

its called a defense mechanism. when your world is threatened and challenged you revert back to what you were taught and trained to believe.
like an abused spouse who defends her bhusband beating her thats what some of these people are doing.

these peoiple dont fully realize what being free is really like. all they know is the iron fist of saddam and thats all they understand.

from this point on they can choice their own government and who runs it. we wont be there forever to play babysitter and eventually they will have their own leaders except this time they get to choose them/him/her and saddam wont be an option.

and its no surprise to me that those he favored want him back, without him they dont get special favors or treatment.

sorry but hundreds of thousands of dead people does not justify keeping him around let alone putting him back into power.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Security and stability they did have under saddam Hussein. Food, running water, electricity. Most people are simple minded enough, as long as thier basic needs are met, they care not who is running the show.

Look at Adolf Hitler. germans tolerated and revered him because he fed them and kept them employed, and seemingly didnt care about the gestapo, concentration camps, and ethnic cleansing of the slavs.

The point I am trying to make is that people have different values. Democracy must start from the bottom up. If the people tolerated Saddam Hussein, that means they had no real desire for western style govornments. They are happy with being beat with a stick, so long as they can eat and watch TV.

The idea of liberating Iraq is laughable. Liberate them from what? A dictator they were content with?

The Germans did not feel a need to be liberated from Hitler either, they were content with him.

Thus, those who support this war under the premis we "liberated" anyone are on drugs. How do you liberate people from a system they not only tolerate, but revere?

This is another reason I laugh at the international law, and international courts. One set of ethics and behavior and ideals for humans rights is not a model that fits all. Somne peoples dont even believe in human rights as are seen in the west, and even the west disagrees over what issues are human rights.

It comes down to national soverignty. Saddam was NOT the huge threat they were made out to be. Im sure they were planning thier own individual attacks on US military bases in the region via thier spy network. So? So is just about every pther friggin nation in that god forsaken region!!!!! Why just Iraq?

So, in a way, browha, like I said, you are correct. they didnt seem to have too much a problem with him.

And I still say, we should have left him alone and went after the Saudis, who are the REAL problem, not only breeding terrorists, but the ideals and the money to fund them.

Vietnam 2. Saigon fell and we had to evacuate. Wonder how long before it hits that state again?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Saddam: NO, YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think Maslow best outlined how humans may be motivated. He theorized we are motivated by unmet needs, and that lower needs had to be satisfied before we could satisfy higher needs.

He ordered the needs thusly:lower to higher (bottom to top).

Self-Actualization
Esteem
Love
Safety
Physiological

According to this theory, Iraqi's are seeking to meet their needs for food, water, etc. and safety.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maslow may be right, but he didnt count on a whole country being abused.
-dnnx

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just how happy would they really be? If they want Saddam back then let 'em have him. Just be sure to give us the oil to pay us back for all the billions we spent on liberating your bottoms!! You'll never be able to repay the loss of soldiers lives....what ingratitude!! makes me sick!!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
when will you amers realise no one wants your joke democrazy and stop shoving it in everyones throat

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Are the Iraqi people socialy motivated, educated and developed to tout a democracy best on western ethics ? The Iraqi people seem confused and seem to convey a sense of mistrust towards the west and thier agenda. Being invaded and thrown at the feet of a goverment not even elected by the Iraqi people brings a huge level of discomfort. There seems no aparent obligation to follow law, and at times, Iraq seems as if it is in utter Anarcy.

Saddams trial furthermore may accrue a myriad of problems,

1 - Saddam will further perpetuate his political agenda

2 - Cause more unrest within Iraq

3 - Demonize the west furthermore in the eyes of the Middle East

4 - And the greatest threat by far, document inside relations between Saddams dicatorship and that of America.

Deep

[edit on 1-7-2004 by ZeroDeep]

[edit on 1-7-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
Just be sure to give us the oil to pay us back for all the billions we spent on liberating your bottoms!!

liberating?? no one wanted you there in the first place! you should pay them back billions for all the havoc and civillian death you have caused

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join