It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identifying Misinformation...according to America.gov

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Do you think that honestly....HONESTLY a power wielding nation like America would have anything to sweep under the rug? Out of the public's eyes and ears?

The fact that America may want to hide certain events is different than claiming shapeshifting jewish banker reptilians hijacked 4 planes, making them all disappear and instead using nuclear bombs that are made to look like planes in order to destroy the WTC.

Making a claim that America may hide information is kind of a common sense statement that can based on human nature, whereas claiming you know the details to a specific event that is being hidden requires evidence. This is where conspiracies fall apart to any person that actually researches said conspiracy.

Because it's hard to fathom the chance that organizations such as these, may hold some sliver of corruption.

Nobody is disputing the claim that they may have certain events that could be deemed as an act of corruption, but it's up to the person making the claim to provide evidence to the specific claim. It's like saying I know I seen a UFO because the universe is too big to know if we are the only intelligent life, it just doesn't provide any evidence, just random claims.

I mean...c'mon....we saw it on the TV. The TV never lies.

Same answer as above. Honestly though, this pentagon conspiracy has already also been debunked.

I certainly do not trust those sites. america.gov, however, can be totally trusted

I'd trust this paragraph of theirs...

The only way to determine whether an allegation is true or false is to research it as thoroughly as possible. Of course, this may not always be possible given publication deadlines and time pressures, but there is no substitute for thorough research, going back to the original sources. Using the Internet, many allegations can be fairly thoroughly researched in a matter of hours.

Wouldn't you? "Researching as thoroughly as possible" seems like a pretty decent idea, no? Unfortunately though, conspiracies aren't spread by factual information, it's spread by emotion based thinking and personal bias.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Making a claim that America may hide information is kind of a common sense statement that can based on human nature, whereas claiming you know the details to a specific event that is being hidden requires evidence. This is where conspiracies fall apart to any person that actually researches said conspiracy.

I think you took some sarcasm out of context. But...
Of course there are things that are kept out of the public's eyes. Some absolutely have to be. Others...well, others may be a myriad of things that wouldnt even remotely interest even the most hardcore conspiracy theorist.
However, certain issues should be brought to light. It's one thing to hold information, it's another to manipulate, and decieve. I dont deserve to be lied to. Especially when I am providing monetary re-imbursment for the opportunity to live here.

Same answer as above. Honestly though, this pentagon conspiracy has already also been debunked.

There are plenty of conspiracy theories that prove to be true. I have an article on here somewhere, listing many that turned out to be true.

Wouldn't you? "Researching as thoroughly as possible" seems like a pretty decent idea, no? Unfortunately though, conspiracies aren't spread by factual information, it's spread by emotion based thinking and personal bias.

I think being level-headed in any situation is key. Research doesnt always provide answers, however. So then, you are left to speculate. It is unfortunate that the world cannot be black and white. There is a whole lot of grey.
Emotion-based thinking equates to imagination, a requirement-i would say- to any approach at a hypothesis. A hypothesis is all any conspiracy theory is. It's human nature to question, then test, and finally prove or disprove. However, without critical thinking and imagination, you would never question anything in the first place.

Just some thoughts.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join