It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Seriously? Did she not think that through? "Owning" the sun probably comes with some major responsibilities I'd assume. How does she even think she can enforce these new 'sun laws'? It's so idiotic.
All jokes aside, what is wrong with people?
I mean, REALLY??
It's getting to the point where it's not even amusing to me anymore. Peoples' stupidity nowadays makes me all kinds of angry.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by casijones
That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Seriously? Did she not think that through? "Owning" the sun probably comes with some major responsibilities I'd assume. How does she even think she can enforce these new 'sun laws'? It's so idiotic.
I mean, REALLY??
It's getting to the point where it's not even amusing to me anymore. Peoples' stupidity nowadays makes me all kinds of angry.

So wait, do you believe people can "own" property on planet earth? If so, why? Is it different than owning the sun?
Why should someone be allowed to force people to pay money for land on earth, just because they "got their first", or had more military might? Didnt this lady just 'get there first" with the sun?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

The military should invade her home and force her to sign over her rights to the sun.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by casijones
I mean, REALLY??

So wait, do you believe people can "own" property on planet earth? If so, why? Is it different than owning the sun?
Why should someone be allowed to force people to pay money for land on earth, just because they "got their first", or had more military might? Didnt this lady just 'get there first" with the sun?

I don't know if it's because i'm tired, but I don't really understand what you're talking about. All I said was that I think it's stupid that someone can claim to own the sun. It's not comparable at all to owning land on Earth. You can't travel there, you can't live there. You can't expect 6 billion people to pay you for use of it. It's not logical.
She didn't 'get there first', she was just the first person to be stupid enough to think of such a ridiculous idea.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by casijones]
I don't know if it's because i'm tired, but I don't really understand what you're talking about. All I said was that I think it's stupid that someone can claim to own the sun. It's not comparable at all to owning land on Earth. You can't travel there, you can't live there. You can't expect 6 billion people to pay you for use of it. It's not logical.
She didn't 'get there first', she was just the first person to be stupid enough to think of such a ridiculous idea.

The sun, although you "cant travel there, you cant live there" is probably the single most important things in our lives. It literally gives us everything, in the form of limitless energy. As for "you cant expect 6 billion people to pay for the use of it", isnt that what they do now with the earth??

Its "not comparable" because we have grown up in and been programmed by a system that profits off of the control of something we were all born into freely.

It was certainly a valid comparison for most native cultures. Anoyone claiming to own the land was just as stupid as someone claiming to own the sun.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So if we don't pay the bill, what's she going to do, turn it off?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So she owns the sun, and no-one has owned it before her.
Therefore she is its sole owner, and accepts responsibility for all its actions and activities thus far, and is also assumed to have been the beneficiary of all solar allowance fees paid thus far.

Solar allowance fees thus far have been equal across all individuals worldwide (0.00 of all currencies). As she has failed to supply equal levels of sunlight to all individuals, with a long-term failure to supply sunlight to people of northerly latitudes evidenced by their pale skin, I demand compensation on the grounds of racial discrimination, which has directly resulted in both poor health through vitamin-D deficiency, and a subsequent loss of melanin to my people.

But seriously, ownership of the sun? Who does it get passed on to when she dies, her children? What about when the human race eventually goes extinct - does it go to her nearest living relatives?
edit on 27-11-2010 by TheWill because: used wrong word

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
ok If this woman owns the sun, then I own Mars, and the all Asteroid's in our solar system. Oh, and all the mineral rights are mine.
edit on 27-11-2010 by zeropaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I suppose any stranger should be able to enter my home or eat my crops because the land should belong to everyone, huh? There's no way she can enforce her claims to the sun, but there are ways individuals and countries can enforce ownership of land.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey..the aliens using the moon and mining(?!) there should pay that American guy for trespassing.

And for the inter-dimensional space travelers using the sun as a portal- please find another one!! One of our lady now OWNS it..

Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity.
Einstein will be sure of the latter is he is alive today..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My studies of the meaning of letters and words has revealed some interesting things.

It is clear that no-one can own the sun because it is generally believed to be a STAR.

So what does that mean when we apply it to footballers; actors; racing car drivers etc and astronomical images ?

It means HIGHER THAN THE REST OF US; BRIGHTER THAN THE REST OF US;VERY INDEPENDENT; DISTANT; ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH ; DIFFICULT TO COMMUNICATE WITH; BEING MORE POWERFUL IN CERTAIN AREAS.

So by definition no-one can own it otherwise it would cease to be a star

Graham Burgess
edit on 27-11-2010 by ALFREDDAEDALUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think I'll sue her. I looked directly at the sun and burned my cornea's. She should have had a warning label on that thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd like to have what she's smoking LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well that is good for that woman, I hereby claim all the water in and on this planet. Any time someone wants a drink, it's free of charge, but in the case of the Spanish woman who owns the ultra-violet rays, 10 bucks a liquid oz!

I'll start going out at night so I don't have to pay royalties, but she can stop drinking my water!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Now, come on! You know that if you reflect any sunlight with a mirror, that is piracy. Especially if you reflect it to someone who hasn't paid for it!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I own the SPACE between the Sun & Earth. She needs to pay a toll fee to transport her Sun's energy to Earth.

(Yes! I'll be rich!)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
my local garage charges for air...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hmmm in which case i own the nearest Galaxy to our own. Hope the Pleadians dont mind!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Legally you can sue her now for you getting Skin Cancer, sunburns....pain and suffering.

I don't think she realized the liability of staking such a claim. If she owns anything she can lose it all now.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
How typicly human that it all comes down to money. Hahahaha!!
What a crazy fool!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join