It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New photo of Nessie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Is this the Loch Ness Monster, a new rare photo of a Nessie? It was taken from the banks of Loch Ness, in Scotland; this copyrighted [© Richard Preston] image is being published all over the UK. And now the world.

Richard Preston, a landscape designer, was working on Aldourie Castle gardens on the southern shores of Loch Ness, when the 27-year-old Yorkshireman spotted a shape on the loch’s surface out of the corner of his eye. The object caught his attention at about 3 pm. The images were taken from the grounds of the castle looking towards Lochend.

“It was a glimmer,” Preston reported to The Inverness Courier. “It was like a reflection. The rest of the water was still and dark. It was quite odd. I was gobsmacked. I have been working here for the last two or three years and have never seen anything like it.”

He told the media: “I was just walking through the castle gardens and I spotted something in the distance. When I looked closer I could clearly see the four hump-like features. I thought I’d take a picture of it, to see if there was anything in it, to see what others thought. I was surprised that it stayed there as long as it did. I took various shots of it before it suddenly disappeared. I literally just turned my back and it was gone.”

When asked whether or not he believed in the Loch Ness Monsters, Richard Preston replied: “Well there’s definitely something in the myth. There were no ripples in the water, no boats, nothing around. I have no idea what it was, but it undoubtedly looks like Nessie,” said to STV News.

www.cryptomundo.com...
Theres more in the article if you want to read it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c64d08a6cdb4.jpg[/atsimg]

Im not exactly sure what to make of it. I can kind of see what would be three humps in the water, one of them perhaps being a head. In the article it says the guy who took the picture saw four humps, like I said above I only see three things that could look like humps.

The article also mentions how he turned his back and it was literally gone. Why would you turn your back on something like this, why not try to take more pictures?

So what do you think it is?
At this point im skeptical on what it could be, ill wait and see what else turns up.

Cheers

Edit - A possible explanation that was posted in the article.

Loch Ness Monster debunker Adrian Shine, who runs the Loch Ness Project, described the new photo to The Inverness Courier as “interesting but suggested it could be the reflection of the sun on the water, perhaps against a house or leaves.”

www.cryptomundo.com...

edit on 26-11-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well I can't really say anything, to me it looks like rock formations coming out of the water, however I will say that the Debunker in the article is wrong, it's not a reflection of something on the water because if you look carefully you will see a shadow of the objects on the water thus ruling out that the objects themselves are relflections. Sorry about not being able to give an opinion other than rocks the color of these objects versus the original photo of the loch ness doesn't seem right with me but I hope we find out if this was hoaxed or an actual photo of something out there.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Move this thread to the Hoax section please mods. Nessie was proved to be fake many years ago - infact it even made the BBC news. Look it up for yourselves. ....Nessie.. lol...

CX

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousanonymous
Move this thread to the Hoax section please mods. Nessie was proved to be fake many years ago - infact it even made the BBC news. Look it up for yourselves. ....Nessie.. lol...

Yes there have been pictures that have been faked and hoaxes made by people, but that doesn't mean that everything you see in the water is a fake.

If you can prove this latest pic is a fake, them by all means move it to the Hoax forum, but i think we'll be waiting a while.

Some people swear blind they have seen more than just ripples in the water, does that make them hoaxers just because someone else owned up to a hoax years ago?

CX.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

Yea, It could be a rock formation coming out of the water. Im not sure how far the object is away from the shore, or how deep the area is around the object. So, I cant really so for sure at this point.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

The person who made up "Nessie" admitted, it was a hoax. Some man in his 80s about 15 years ago. So therefore, this picture is definitely NOT "Nessie" because "Nessie" was a fictional creation.

The people who you speak of that seen ripples in the water... well, could have been anything. Scuba Divers, Strange water current, floating debris.. anything.. But most certainly NOT, "Nessie".

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousanonymous

There were sightings of Nessie before "Surgeon's Photograph" which is what I believe you are talking about. Not to mention sightings after that photograph.

Just because a photo was found out to be a haox, doesnt mean the creature may not be real.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Is it possibly a rock formation?

Loch Ness typically has a tide variation of 3 meters, or about 10 feet. There are tidal surges due to water temp variations that can cause another 3 meters of additional surge, called seiche (pronounced 'saysh').

www.nature.com...

Combining the two..... it looks to produce a peak tide of + or - 20 feet.
IF the photo was taken at a low point of -20 feet, then maybe it is a rock formation, but I suspect someone in the area would know of such a rock formation's existance, and I would expect it to be on the navigation charts of the area.
IF the photo was taken at such an extreme tide condition, I would expect to see a little more shoreline.

I like it! Sure hope it wasn't photoshopped!

CX

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by CX

The person who made up "Nessie" admitted, it was a hoax. Some man in his 80s about 15 years ago. So therefore, this picture is definitely NOT "Nessie" because "Nessie" was a fictional creation.

The people who you speak of that seen ripples in the water... well, could have been anything. Scuba Divers, Strange water current, floating debris.. anything.. But most certainly NOT, "Nessie".

There have been many sightings and hoaxes, which one are you talking about?

What about the man and his wife in 1933 that saw something about 25 ft long walk across the road in front of them?

Even the debatable sighting in the 7th century where a guy was eaten whilst swimming across the loch, was that a hoax too?

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just had a quick dig around and i'm guessing you mean the "surgeons photo".

So with that being taken in 1934 (if indeed thats the one you mean), is a year after the couple saw the creature walk across the road.

CX.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Looks like a trick of light to me. I believe it is the reflection of the house above on the water.
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by CX

You really need to learn some logical thinking. The legend of the Loch Ness monster existed hundreds of years before the infamous "surgeon's photograph" of 1934, exposed in 1994 as a hoax. Reports about a creature living in Loch Ness go back to the 7th century.
en.wikipedia.org...
The photograph was hoaxed because the stories and sightings existed long before. You are factually wrong and exhibit faulty logic because a hoax proves nothing about whether a real creature exists there.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
only in the context that it may be nessie does one start to look at it with that lens. if you showed this picture to anyone without prefacing it, you wouldnt see anything out of the ordinary.

also, i like that foxmulder and langly are weighing in on this picture.

CX

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
From taking a trip around the loch on Google Earth, i think this is the site of the pic, you can see the white house on the bank...

I would say that rules out rock formation unless there has been some drastic water level drop.

CX.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Are you in charge of things now?
Nessie hasn't been proven to be real any less than it
has been proven to be fake. Nothing has been proven
one way or another. Are you an absolute authority
on EVERYTHING?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

yes but he said when he turned around and looked back again it was gone,I don't think rocks do that.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
BTW if you've actually been there you'd realise it is a wake which is a common occurrence along the Lock.....I've seen this before in person.
Waves as they travel along the lock.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i saw this on the news and the image was of higher ress.. It looked like something in the water. It was not a reflection. What is wat who knows. But it was big...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i saw this on the news and the image was of higher ress.. It looked like something in the water. It was not a reflection. What is wat who knows. But it was big...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join