It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptome.org on the Wikileaks History Insurance. 26 November 2010.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
26 November 2010. A sends:

However, in the [Amy] Goodman interview, when asked to explain the [insurance.aes256] file, Assange stated:
“Well, I think it’s better that we don’t comment on that.” He then followed that with a thought-provoking comment: “But, you know, one could imagine in a similar situation that it might be worth ensuring that important parts of history do not disappear.”

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

26 November 2010

You can see the rest of the article here:

cryptome.org...

Im a little bit confused here.

So, assange sell secrets to the bad guys?

Assange and the security wizards advising Wikileaks are unusually gifted at long-range deception and protection, some sell those arcane and lucrative services to spies, governments, banks, businesses, billionaires and other criminal cartels -- and give freely to those targetted by highly-profitable and nutty secrecy peddlers. A few provide operational security for the Internet and digital communications and know their weaknesses and strengths, hideaways and byways for genuine and phony actionable intelligence, financial lawful and outlaw rings and where their dirty money is hidden. Yes, among them are ex-NSA officials and their exceptionally adept contract researchers as unbound by NDAs and secrecy agreements as Bradley Manning and others deeper inside not yet unveiled. What they know is what James Bamford in "The Puzzle Palace" (paper, p. 461) explores of the NSA dilemma of what to do with data gathered on corrupt officials in the US and elsewhere other than bury it as unminizable foreign intelligence despite pleas from law enforcement agencies

Or they are just bashing Assange because they personal vanities figth?

I like Assange, and respect his work, but this is like a bad spy movie, with double agents and all that stuff. I hope Wikileaks be the real deal and this is just gossip of a envious guy.
edit on 26-11-2010 by RUSSO because: add

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this.

I've always thought that the US or at least israel gets everything as it's being transmitted to wikileaks, or runs the organization fully, but I guess those without those powers would still try to get the secrets the old fashioned way...

Honey pots and money.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
This is the first I've heard of this.

I've always thought that the US or at least israel gets everything as it's being transmitted to wikileaks, or runs the organization fully, but I guess those without those powers would still try to get the secrets the old fashioned way...

Honey pots and money.

It can be, but does this not only bonfire of the vanities. I mean, is it that my only hope to see some truth, also fell in the webs of corruption? If so, I give up.
It would be ironic if they are willing to leak information about corruption, if they also are corrupt.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Does anyone else see irony in the fact that there is competition in the whistle blowing profession?

What's next? TV Commercials advertising they cryptome.org has better security leaks than Wikileaks.com? Try before you buy? Absolute exposure or your money back?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Good catch. LMAO

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I still laugh at wiki for personal reasons, but i guess in due time all should be made clear, as for cryptome, well i would say to read between the links, btw, you might want to make a coffee

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

you might want to make a coffee

Yep, I realy need one.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I read that earlier on today.

James Young (Owner of Cryptome) - (I think) doesn't really like Wikileaks, I read a few articles about the suing of Wikileaks and the way James Young wrote about it, it was clear he has something against them.

Don't get me wrong though, I love Cryptome, Im not biased like some people are.

I have Cryptome on my hard drive for offline viewing, its a bloody massive file, currently hitting over 12GB.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Im a little bit confused here. So, assange sell secrets to the bad guys?

I understand the "History Insurance" to be Assange's insurance against them killing him.

They don't want what's in that file revealed, so that will discouraged them from killing him.

top topics

join