It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO ? over NYC November 24 2010...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What is this ? Watch from 4 mins for the best interesting part.UMM I think it is probably a helicopter although the guy filming it says its not.

edit on 26-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
very nice, it looks like a helicopter, maybe not your usual heli, but that thing to its right, got me.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

With headphones on I can hear what I think are chopper blades near the end of the video. It may be the skids lit up underneath the chopper that look strange.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Two reasons why a helicopter explanation doesn't feel right:

1) Why would a helicopter be in the same spot for over 8 minutes? Usually if they are in the same vicinity generally, they're looking for something/someone and I don't see a search light

and

2) It's hard for me to imagine why an average person cannot identify a helicopter. First, they make a very distinguishable sound and two, they usually don't fly too high where it can't be ascertained that it is a chopter. So.....

It's very very interesting. And the 'claw-like' thing. What was THAT?

It further amazes me that a UFO (of whatever origin) doesn't stop people in their tracks anymore. People are so busy looking down (usually on the hand held gadgets) or there are so many cement-mountains impeding the view that a friggin elephant could fly by and no one would notice.

Good video OP!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by vjr1113

With headphones on I can hear what I think are chopper blades near the end of the video. It may be the skids lit up underneath the chopper that look strange.

Is there a way to upload the sound that you think might be blades?

I'm not convinced it's not a helicopter but like I said in my other post, why is it just hanging out in mid air like that?
Don't they usually go from point A to point B? Unless it was a news chopter and filming traffic but if that's the case then it can't be flying too high. In fact, NYC is a no-fly zone now. Can non-medical helicopters even fly over Manhattan now a days?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I live in a very ghetto part of town where there are helicopters CONSTANTLY over my neiborhood area and they normally are circling and very low to the ground. One time I woke up at 2 am to the sound of the chopper so loud and so close it was shaking my windows! The search light actually flashed through my window wich scared me to death!!! I dont know what those two things are but they are NOT Helicopters thats for sure!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Interesting video - not proof of anything, but interesting nonetheless.

Unfortunately, like hundreds of other UFO videos, this one suffers from what can only be described as "operator induced ambiguity".

If someone has the presence of mind to grab a camera and point it in the direction of an object in the sky, why can they never seem to remember to TURN OFF THE AUTOFOCUS???? I mean, come on, any digital camera worthy of the name has a "manual" mode. Just set it to manual, focus at infinity and shoot. What could be easier?

Also a note to would be UFO videographers.. FIND SOMETHING SOLID AND LEAN AGAINST IT!!
edit on 26-11-2010 by Tholidor because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I think the claw like thing could be the skids being partially lighted. The blade noise is in the last min or so , just use earphones or turn up volume. I am sure I can hear chopper blades.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I agree it looks interesting - what IS that claw-like thing? But It appears to have FAA-compliant blinking lights (the upper light)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I love to see UFO videos taking in my own back yard. I also know a helicopter when I see one. Here's your UFO.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Most compelling evidence it is a man-made aircraft is the strobe light. Come on, everyone....take some time to pay attention to anti-collision lights, and their various patterns. (Yes, that's their proper, all-inclusive term).

All fixed and rotor-wing vehicles are required, by FAR, to have at least one RED light, that flashes in a constant pattern. Exact rate isn't precise, generally it's once per second (60 fpm), but can vary from 40 to 100 fpm. We usually refer to this as the "beacon". This harks back to years ago, when it was an actual, mechanical device, that rotated. Like a light house lamp (smaller, of course). OR, the bulb was fixed, and a mirror was set at a 45-degree angle, and that rotated and reflected the light, to cause the "flashing" effect.

This is why the red beacon is sometimes still called a "rotating beacon", even if it's really just a white strobe lamp, covered by a red lens.

Additional anti-collision systems are, of course, the WHITE strobe lights, which have various patterns, and locations, depending on airplane and light system manufacturer.

When I watched ( the fleeting moments when the damn video was STEADY and IN FOCUS!!
), I saw the obvious lights, that represent installations on aircraft. Rest of it was too hard to make out, and there are so many different configurations, would need a college-level course to memorize them all, to identify night-time light patterns!

And, for ATS members who make the effort, someday, to video such things...PLEASE learn how to use your camera, and disable the "auto-focus" feature!! THAT is the worst part of that video, and discredits the YouTube videographer, imo.

Here's an old (1981) FAA AC that clarified standards, and they are still in effect to date:

rgl.faa.gov...$FILE/AC20-30B.pdf

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This guy is into UFOs quite a bit (I can relate) but did you see his other video??
Sure, it looks like a cloud and the cloud looks like a ship. That is bizarre!

UFO CLOUDSHIP??? BROOKLYN, NY NOV 2010..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Care to speculate (for entertainment sake) what this helicopter might have been doing for over 8 minutes in basically the same spot?
In fact, about 5 minutes in, the guy told that woman that it was already there for about 10 minutes at that point so it's fair to assume (based on what he said and the length of video) that this 'helicopter' was hanging in the same place for nearly 15 minutes.

Really? Do these pilots have nothing else better to do than to just hover?
And again, if this was a helicopter how high could it have been that it wasn't obvious to the video guy both visually and audibly ?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

A man-made aircraft that isn't recognizable still falls under the UFO category. No one is suggesting it's ET-driven. So please with your "Come on people....." attitude.

And even if this IS an ET craft, how the hell do we know if they aren't compliant to FAA rules so to 'blend' in? I know that's a stretch but to think we KNOW how, where, why and when ET operates their crafts is pompous!
I am not saying this is an off-world craft but I would never conclude it couldn't be based on my little knowledge of these races and neither should you!

This looks strange and that's pretty much the consensuses. Your debunking posts get a little irritating at times because everything is always explainable to you. Then why are you even on this site let alone, this thread?

And you know what? If this is man-made (and that's how I am leaning) that in itself is more controversial than thinking this is an ET craft. What the hell are they doing, why are they doing this and in what are they doing it in?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would be leaning toward a helicopter but I find it interesting that at around 6:48 he says that it sounds like then it is edited to leave his comment out. So i would love to know what he was going to say, because he might have given away what it sounded like. Other than that interesting video.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's a fake helicopter. A lot of the UFOs that are showing up start out looking like airplanes or helicopters, but right when you're about to dismiss it... another shows up, and they start moving in patterns and hovering around in ways that helicopters and planes don't.

This is not a helicopter.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TracesofJuniper

Yeah, those darn UFO's that can mimic our terrestrial aircraft perfectly.....they are so advanced, LOL. Why don't they just mimic something without lights blinking on them and we wouldn't have all these ridiculous youtube videos that do nothing but FEED ignorance around here.

The excuses I see people posting around here defies logic.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Two reasons why a helicopter explanation doesn't feel right:

1) Why would a helicopter be in the same spot for over 8 minutes? Usually if they are in the same vicinity generally, they're looking for something/someone and I don't see a search light

and

2) It's hard for me to imagine why an average person cannot identify a helicopter. First, they make a very distinguishable sound and two, they usually don't fly too high where it can't be ascertained that it is a chopter. So.....

It's very very interesting. And the 'claw-like' thing. What was THAT?

It further amazes me that a UFO (of whatever origin) doesn't stop people in their tracks anymore. People are so busy looking down (usually on the hand held gadgets) or there are so many cement-mountains impeding the view that a friggin elephant could fly by and no one would notice.

Good video OP!

I live 2 blocks from where the Thanksgiving Day parade balloons are inflated. It's an afternoon/night affair. We're used to news helicopters overhead in the same spot for what seems like hours so 8 minutes is come-and-go! Besides, although we've seen what are alleged to be night UFOs with strobes, the object in this video seems to have a regular human-type strobe.

If someone with computer skills can solarize (or whatever it's called for night footage) the footage so that it's grey or some other light color perhaps the strobe may show itself lighting the structure.

I prefer to post an opinion after enough evidence has been offered but in this case I'll violate my own rule and declare that I think this is a helicopter.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by vjr1113

Is there a way to upload the sound that you think might be blades?

I'm not convinced it's not a helicopter but like I said in my other post, why is it just hanging out in mid air like that?
Don't they usually go from point A to point B? Unless it was a news chopter and filming traffic but if that's the case then it can't be flying too high. In fact, NYC is a no-fly zone now. Can non-medical helicopters even fly over Manhattan now a days?

I replied to your other reply but I'll tell you this, there are probably more helicopters flying over NYC (Manhattan) very low and very loud. All kinds of helicopters. The bigger ones, with the stubby wings are extremely loud and sometimes I wish I had a bazooka!

Oh, yeah, a lot of low-flying planes small and large. So NYC being a no-fly zone? Maybe the insect type!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by TracesofJuniper

Yeah, those darn UFO's that can mimic our terrestrial aircraft perfectly.....they are so advanced, LOL. Why don't they just mimic something without lights blinking on them and we wouldn't have all these ridiculous youtube videos that do nothing but FEED ignorance around here.

The excuses I see people posting around here defies logic.

I just have to laugh at people who question why UFOs have strobes/lights or anything, for that matter. Who are we to question them when we have billions of human-related questions unanswered yet?

When we figure out why Humans do with they do or have what they have then.....and ONLY then, should we wager a guess as to why (alien?) UFOs behave the way they do.

For instance. Why do American cars have accelerators/ odometers reaching 120/150 mph when it's illegal to drive over 70 mph in most places?
Why do we have glove boxes in our cars when no one wears driving gloves?
And why oh WHY do drive up ATMs have braille?

Those are just three car related questions off the top of my head!

So again, until we figure out the Human species (and not just in a material sense but physiologically too) we have no right (let alone, insight) to speculate on other species.

Now, if these aren't off-world entities rather, our OWN human-propelled UFOs well then......that poses more questions than any alien driven UFO in my mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join