It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK vs USA ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What is North Korea ?

There is 50 million people in North Korea and 27 Million in South.. its two diffrent worlds, just look at the night satelit map..
Must be some kind of "lights out" law in NK.

Here are some propaganda made for the little ones...

North Korea Animation DPRK anti USA Imperialism Invasion

They even make their own cars

North Korean car advertised

It is cheap. $5,000 a piece.

North Korea Military budget:

The KPA's annual budget is US$6 billion.
The US research organization ISIS reports that the DPRK (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea)
might possess fissile material for some 2 to 9 nuclear weapons

North Korea is the most militarized country in the world today
having the fourth largest army in the world, at about 1,106,000 armed personnel,
with about 20% of men ages 17–54 in the regular armed forces.
It also has a reserve force comprising 8,200,000 personnel.
It operates an enormous network of military facilities scattered around the country,
a large weapons production basis, a dense air defense system, the third largest
chemical weapons stockpile in the world, and includes the largest Special Forces contingent
(numbering 180,000 men)

North Korea army parade

Korean People's Air Force
As of 2007 it comprised 110,000 personnel and between 1,600 and 1,700 aircraft.
The KPAF also operates a very large air defence network of radar and anti-aircraft gun/missile sites

The NK Airforce use MIG 29

Artillery guidance bureau

Its shooting range is estimated to be about 6,700 km or more.
Currently deployed missiles have a range of up to 2,000 km. The exact number of deployed missiles of all types is unknown,
but it is generally accepted there are some 600 Hwasong-6 and 200 Rodong-1 in service, as well as other shorter-range missiles

VS

Now, for the first time ever, that number has been officially released by the Obama administration: it’s 5,113 warheads.
www.neatorama.com...

Im sure North Korea are going to be wiped of the worldmap soon.. its China that worries me

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would love to see how this will unfold. Sooner or later. For decades now this has been brewing. Can you imagine being a solider on either side of DMZ, war starts out, and then you would have to fight threw gun fire, mines and what not. It's scary!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Why does China worry you? We are on good terms with them. North Korea has virtually no allies.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Sino-American or U.S.-China relations refers to international relations between the People's Republic of China (PRC) and the United States of America (USA). Most analysts have characterized present Sino-American relations as complex and multi-faceted, with the United States and the People's Republic of China being neither allies nor enemies. Generally, the U.S. government and military establishment do not regard the Chinese as an adversary, but as a competitor in some areas and a partner in others.

Source
This can unfold either way. Good or Bad. The Yin and the Yang of foreign policy. I wonder what will happen soon.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

They even make their own cars

North Korean car advertised

It is cheap. $5,000 a piece.

Their cars are a total ripoff of the Fiat Siena...sold in Brazil, Argentina and all over south America. And that is the 1997 model.
Below theres a couple pictures to prove my point...or just look up Fiat Siena 1997....I wonder if Fiat will ever take the N.Korean government to court...... I definitely like the N. Korean prices though!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

NK is China's closest ally.

China has supported North Korea ever since Chinese fighters flooded onto the Korean peninsula to fight for their comrades in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) in 1950. Since the Korean War divided the peninsula between the North and South, China has lent political and economic backing to North Korea's leaders: Kim Il-Sung and his son and successor, Kim Jong-Il.

www.cfr.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Actually, that cartoon was pretty good..its a great way to get kids interested in mathmatics and physics overall..attribute it to how it actually can help in real world situations.

now, the message of..learn trajectory to kill americans...ya...not a fan of that message for obvious reasons, but, I can definately see merit in how they try to get kids involved in study.

of course, I think space invaders or zombie nazi ships may be better...let them paint the real message behind it...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
NK is China's closest ally.

The other way around I would think, China is North Korea's only ally (with the exception of certain factions in certain other govts that have shady political agendas).

China can pick from any number of allies

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
A big over reaction, N Korea has always been a slight 'thorn in the side' for China, and a mild threat for the rest of the world.

The worst of it all.... Is the fact that the only reason we get concerned is because of the threats, as opposed to showing some humanity of trying to help the N.Korean people (aswell as the South).

Too many people rooting for war, not enough rooting for peace - if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
was their closest allies until NK launched a few missiles into their back yard lol.. I don't think china cares much what happens to them at this point ...so long as it don't spill into their back yard

new topics

top topics

join