It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Injured During Basketball Game, Gets 12 Stitches in Lip

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I think the reason some here don't find it funny is because it's Obama. This thread would would not have been moved into this wasteland and instead vaulted to the "breaking news" section if it was Bush or anyone except a dem.

I moved this thread to it's current location due solely to Content ... in No way politically-related in the least.

Your latter mention of 'had it been Bush' would seem to demonstrate both a lapse in judgement on my part as well as a self-admission with regards initial/core intent on yours ... in that it should have likely been moved to the even mOar intentionally-divisive BTS: Political Rivalry forum in the first place.

the irony of it all:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
I moved this thread to it's current location due solely to Content ... in No way politically-related in the least.

Ok, if that helps you feel better.

Your latter mention of 'had it been Bush' would seem to demonstrate both a lapse in judgement on my part as well as a self-admission with regards initial/core intent on yours ... in that it should have likely been moved to the even mOar intentionally-divisive BTS: Political Rivalry forum in the first place.

Wow, you are so smart to know the intent of others.
Because surely this belongs in the "Global News discussion" section because Obama's basketball injury to his lip has global ramifications.

You are only proving my point.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
edit on 11/26/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
No offense to OP, but I'd call this BTS material.
2nd

Why would I be offended?

You are entitled to your wrong opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Global News Discussion?

Hardly... no matter who the stitched up twit was.

but ... 'carry on' ... as you most certainly will.
:shk:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I'm finding it difficult to find anything about it that I should "care" about.

Then stop posting in it.

Since when does every thread have to be about something YOU care about?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Advantage

By attention seeking (and I'm not singling anyone out) I'm specifically talking about those who are treating this topic as tabloid fodder or those who are taking the situation and making it about political tripe... It's "funny" because it's Obama, it's "news" because it's Obama and it's an ATS thread, because it's an excuse to "poke" at the man. It's definitely not "global news" and I'm finding it difficult to find anything about it that I should "care" about. If there's some reason I missed, please let me know... (sincere request)...

edit on 26-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

AHh well that covers about 1/2 of the threads and posters across the boards.
Usually if I dont care about or am not at least curious about it, I can tell by the title and dont bother clicking on it. Maybe someone else can explain the reason to care about it for themselves, but I was curious as to what happened to him. Maybe its something I dont get, but a message board is a pretty sad place to get attention if thats the goal. Showing up at an airport nude and demanding an enhanced pat down would be better. I just figure most people here in particular have strong feelings about things ( right ort wrong) and feel comfortable voicing them. IMO to each their own and I imagine correcting the "wrong" behaviors and attitudes of people would become a full time job.
I also agree its not Global News.... but you have to admit, Obama cant trip over a rock without someone saying its URGENT and writing an article concerning it. When you hit cult status, thats the price you pay.

BTW, thanks for answering. ATS is an interesting place with interesting people. Id rather look stupid and ask the dumb question than make an even more stupid assumption!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Global News Discussion?

Hardly... no matter who the stitched up twit was.

Then why is it there? If it does not belong there, then move it. Were you just going to leave it there knowing it's in the incorrect place?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Well, it's not funny to laugh at anyone getting hurt; it is in very poor taste.

You are entitled to your OPINION.
It's amazing how TV shows like "Americas funniest videos" & other such shows ever made it.

Those shows were nothing but people getting hurt like getting hit in the balls. Sometimes it is funny.

So that would make you the Bob Saget of ATS ... you're right, it is funny.

Of course those who find AFHV funny don't have any personal sentiments towards those who make them laugh thus their reaction, cruel as it may seem on the surface, is a natural one under the knowledge that no one on that show is seriously hurt.

Whereas your exuberance is based on thinly veiled political hackery masquerading as humor. Not all laughter is the same, some is fundamentally pathetic.

edit on 26 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well you just have to read into it. It's metaphorical. They're politicians roughing and playing dirty b-ball. Reflective of their foreign policy. Obama having his mouth sewn, probably something to do with the WL dumps and his unwillingness to release the damning photos of military corruption. ; )

or it's just not news.
edit on 26-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Lol... Maybe you should chill and accept the post responses that come with having a history of "political trolling" and posting a meaningless thread.

reply to post by Advantage

All good points. Now that it's in BTS, I realize I would not have even replied, had it been posted here originally.

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Lol... love the metaphor, actually. Creative.

edit on 26-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
So that would make you the Bob Saget of ATS

Wow, it took you four pages to think of that awesome reply?

you're right, it is funny.

Good, glad to see you find it funny. You are coming around.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
*** ON TOPIC ***

or be Post Banned !

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Initial thread move was to "Politicians & People", hadn't noticed the apparently subsequent move to Global News.

... back to Pols and Peeps it goes.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You can tell alot about a person's mentality by what they choose to laugh at.

anyhow...interesting news I guess...a potus is still human after all.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Initial thread move was to "Politicians & People", hadn't noticed the apparently subsequent move to Global News.

... back to Pols and Peeps it goes.

It's still in Global News.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join