It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Injured During Basketball Game, Gets 12 Stitches in Lip

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Haha, looks like Obama puts more passion into basketball than politics!
Btw, HILARIOUS avatar!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
How is this at all humorous?

So we have sunken to a new low of finding humor in the injury of someone else because of their political affiliations?

I am going to take a guess that this guy who accidentally hurt the President will become a right-wing celebrity. This is just sad to hear about on ATS that people just keep tumbling down the cliff of ignorance, stupidity, and partisan idiocy.

Do I even want to know what would happen if the President had a heart attack or stroke? There would probably be celebrations in the street performed by such immature and heartless people such as this OP.

Kind of like the constant jokes about Cheney and his heart issue that was the center of every joke for years??

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
How is this at all humorous?
So we have sunken to a new low of finding humor in the injury of someone else because of their political affiliations?

It has nothing to do with political affiliation. It's funny because it's the Messiah!

Wow, sure if funny how all of a sudden people get super serious when their Messiah gets a little boo boo on his lip.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

So if the seen your Messiah harmed it would make 1 laugh.
los
edit on 11/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here is another picture:
Still waiting for the video. Why do I think if this happened to Bush the video would be out already.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f39a2d97b60.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11/26/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Your making humanity fail.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am not understanding this illogical post. We are supposed to find this humorous because our President is beloved by some segment of the population which you apparently despise?

I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s funny, I don’t like Obama’s politics, and he is not my ‘Messiah’ as you put it. He is our President however and a human being with feelings. You think his daughters want to see their father injured? I don’t think it is funny and I pity those who do.

reply to post by Advantage

Am I supposed to care what other buffoons had to say about Cheney? I didn’t laugh about his heart problems and I don’t find that something even remotely humorous. Stop the whole “he started it” sort of kindergarten immature statements.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is some video.
It's raw video after the event. Still waiting for some footage of the actual incident.

edit on 11/26/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If i say Lol, will i get a knock on my door?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
If i say Lol, will i get a knock on my door?

I will probably be audited this year.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I want to know why the online news organizations say "URGENT - Obama injured during a basketball game'. What's with the 'urgent' thing? It's absurd. URGENT or BREAKING NEWS should be for something like a major tsunami or a terrorist attack ... not because Obamas lips got in the way of someones elbow during a basketball game ... or whatever.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I mean, like, OMG!!!!!!

Finally proof of Barrys' true African birth! I mean, like, why ELSE would he be playing a spirited game of "african round ball" the day after Thanksgiving instead of using the Secret Service to jump the line at a Black Friday sales event like a REAL American???

/sarcasm off
edit on 26-11-2010 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
He'll be fine.. he's a big boy. It really is funny how such insignificant things are centered on.. Obamas busted lip and Palin's goof between N and S koreas. I think she is a moron,but Im pretty sure that was a simple slip of the tongue.SHe has a habit of it. 12 stitches is quite a bust though.. teeth probably went through his lip requiring inner and outer stitches. Im assuming this wasnt just him free throwing.

I guess one day youll have a president like me.. you could really get some laughs. Last week I broke my toe.. hubby and I had a disagreement and I stomped off like a 3 yr old down the stairs yelling something stupid, slipped, fell and broke my toe. Of course I yelled at him and it was all his fault. Thats probably why my first ugly thought was that Michelle smacked him.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Oh no, someone got hurt and there are people in the world that find it funny when people get hurt. Deal with that instead of having to pity people for being themselves. He probably laughed, too, after all was said and done.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wonder if he made the shot while he got fouled? AND1
Did he tough it out long enough to shoot his freethrow, or did he quit after contact?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a prime opportunity for another useless taxpayer-funded Czar position for one of Obama's buds: The Czar for Prevention of Presidential Sports Injuries.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
He'll be fine.. he's a big boy.

Agreed.
All of a sudden people here are acting all serious like this was some sort of a life threatening injury.
It has to be because their savior received a little boo boo on his lip.

Don't you dare laugh at Obama!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Agreed.
All of a sudden people here are acting all serious like this was some sort of a life threatening injury.

... No one was acting like that. People were saying "So what?" "How is this funny?" No one was saying "Oh my god this is serious don't laugh" they were saying "how is his pain funny?"

Seriously this is the most inane thread I have ever seen and I feel bad for contributing to it... Three times, even. Yeeeeesh.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Agreed.

Demands of being PC are too close to group-think to me.

I dont ridicule people in general and certainly not due to belief or political party, but the fact that this was put out as URGENT is laughable in itself. Im not an Obama fan, but for Gods sake.. does the guy get to use the bathroom without the obsessed fans needing to know? He is a leader in political office.. not a star on a reality show.
One glaring mistake that he made, and I bet he will never make it again, was even allowing the "worship", being thin skinned in public, and not squashing the idea of is messiah-ism
This opened him up to a lot of grief.. and a lot of intrusion.. that is unnecessary and pretty weird! I feel pretty sorry for his girls and hope they can be insulated from the weirdos. They seem to be doing an okay job so far. He's just a guy.. he is going to make mistakes, bust a lip, get sick, act goofy, whatever. Not every burp and hiccup should be treated as an urgent message to his followers. That kind of thing is just weird and really does invite ridicule.

Remember that song by In Living Color called Cult of Personalty?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join