It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Aliens will not come until we stop hugging each other

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth
 


If the Universe entirely resides in the Mind of the Creator then I only have one question...

No, no, you've got it all wrong.

The universe resided inside the digestive system of the Creator.

The there was a Big Bang...




posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 

Amazing how many people have mistaken your meaning. Or it would be, if I didn't know, from a quarter-century in the communications business, just how mentally challenged the general population is.

Aliens will come when they're sure we're not too stupid to be a danger to them.

I suspect that will be never.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So your suggestion is to stop hugging?
This morning my girl gave me a hug and the feeling was great.
The 'feeling' was tremendous.
If an Alien race dont like me hugging, then they can piss off lol
Anyway this is a bit out there dont you think?
If a race so intellegent would come to planet Earth, somehow I dont think hugging would be a major priority.
Are they so advanced that they dont feel? because if you dont like hugging your girl, kids, mother, brother, sister, nan or grandad etc lol then, you have no feeling.....
If thats the case then those Aliens wouldnt be my friends. So who gives two craps if we are hugging?

Someone give me a hug!



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma
 


Nonono, the hugging thing was purely an example. The OP wants to know our thoughts, what do we think the aliens could find as a big universal taboo, that we would NOT be prepared to give up, in other words, think outside the box and stop trying to think of them in human terms. And yes, exactly, if the aliens want us to give up something like hugging then they're not our friends, which means we don't want them here.

Here's a hug for you .. as requested

edit on 27-11-2010 by Fenix777 because: ETA he is looking for us to give other "examples" like the hugging one he/she gave




posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777
 

I applaud your sentiments, and wish we could find another way. But nature is the destiny that shapes our ends; our behaviour is the same as that of any other species, plant, animal or microbe.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't think aliens would be any different.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix777
reply to post by Dr Cosma
 


Nonono, the hugging thing was purely an example. The OP wants to know our thoughts, what do we think the aliens could find as a big universal taboo, that we would NOT be prepared to give up, in other words, think outside the box and stop trying to think of them in human terms. And yes, exactly, if the aliens want us to give up something like hugging then they're not our friends, which means we don't want them here.

Here's a hug for you .. as requested

edit on 27-11-2010 by Fenix777 because: ETA he is looking for us to give other "examples" like the hugging one he/she gave



lol thanks for the hug, I send one back.
Ok, maybe I misunderstood.
Well im going to think outside the box. I think, if they came here it would be to dominate us. If they can get here and we cant get to where they are, then they are superior to us.
So I think that they would be predators. Just like we are. So theres nothing that we can change in that sense. If I believe that there are 'good aliens' then my logic tells me that they wouldve stepped in already.
So, if they are here or on their way, to me, they are hostile.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax
 


Now there's a nightmarish thought, that they're the same as us...

I disagree with you though, I don't think that our behavior is the same as that of any other species, plant, animal or microbe, if that were true then that would give us the permission to randomly do really stupid things without regard of any consequences. I truly believe we are somehow differently made. I quickly scanned through a thread the other day, touching on this, but because I only scanned through it, I can now not find it, as I can't even remember the subject. Basically I believe we are aware, we became aware, and with that comes a huge responsibility. I absolutely believe, that what happens to us, is what we are allowing, I absolutely believe that we have somehow slipped into this passive "niche" or a rut, that we are just accepting whatever anybody throws at us, because we have somehow convinced ourselves that we can't do anything about it, and we are powerless, that TPTB are in control and whether we like it or not, we can't do anything about it. I believe that we CAN do something about it, simply because of experience.

Way off topic here, bear with me, I just want to make an example. In the apartheid years, here in SA, the country was ruled by a minority few, who didn't carry everybody's best interest at hart. Some whites saw that, but felt that they couldn't fight the system, and then came the uprising, and the majority, made themselves heard, they changed things, for everyone. For years they had been led to believe, they can do nothing, but they could, and they did. Our governments work the same, they are a minority few, that don't carry the best interest of the people at heart, so do something about it, we the people are in a majority, and we CAN do something about it. We CAN stop it. ie stop the TSA, you CAN
IF, big IF, we stand together.

Ok, now that my example is made, in the same way, I believe we can find a new way of doing things, if we put our minds together. And I actually have a couple of ideas, but it's not for this thread, and I must still do bigtime homework to see what is and what is not possible, yet. Ever get the feeling that you have to wait for science to catch up?

If we were like you state "our behavior is the same as that of any other species, plant, animal or microbe". If that were true, then we would be completely un-aware, and oblivious to the the wrongs being committed against us and our earth. ATS is proof, that, that is in fact not the case, we are very aware. Now we just need to wake the rest of the world up, that's still stuck in the matrix



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


So they still come here abduct us etc... yet they're not gonna hang out with us till we stop hugging???

Have you met Mary J tonight?

Pix



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax
 


On the other hand, if we want to think waaaay out there,
Maybe the earth and the animals and microbes etc ARE very much aware, and they have their own ATS, or maybe some of the members here ARE microbes or plants, etc? lol.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


i think your premise is without base.

aliens have BEEN here... designed our current physiology, interceded in our current political affairs..
get real... do a few more yrs of investigation into the subject before you start thinking 'aliens won't "come until...xxxxxx"

they;re watching... waiting till we just 'do our thing' ... whatever that may be...

and i doubt that many of them are very 'alien' to us as we may think....

-



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma
 


IF they were to expect us to give up something that is vital to us, like hugs, then yes, they would be the bad guys. But what if they want us to change something that TPTB don't WANT to change, that is in fact bad for us, like my example of us ripping the earth apart to indulge in greed? What does it make them then? Good or bad? For some they would be the bad guys and for others they would be the good guys, depending on your beliefs. If they are the bad guys to TPTB then TPTB also will naturally have the resources to poison us against them, by spreading lies, and scaring the people half to death, funding new movies depicting the aliens as a predatory race come to eat us (War of Worlds) (errr ... just an example I'm not saying that's what War of Worlds is about,
). The sheeple would eat that up, and their first instinct if and when the aliens to come, would be, they're bad... and go running down the street naked shouting at the top of their lungs "it's the end of the world!" *sigh*

I'm also saying that TPTB might be telling the truth, they might not be, it would help if they're just honest about everything, and then we would know and understand what's going on and what to believe. Unfortunately, telling lies upon lies, only makes it possible for people to distrust everything that comes out of your mouth, hence if for once, which is highly unlikely, they are telling the truth and the aliens coming ARE in fact bad, we wouldn't believe them, simply because they've lied to us so many times in the past, and thereby, putting us right in the line of fire. I can't stand liars.

Your logic tells you that if they're good guys then they would have stepped in already, that is a natural reaction, to expect them to step in. But in all honesty, would you? Would you step in in a complete stranger's life, if you could, and fix it? Why should you, what made it your responsibility to do so? If you did step in, and only managed to make things worse because you completely misunderstood the person, who takes the responsibility then? Is it right for you to meddle in in a stranger's life, when you actually don't know enough about his/her life and circumstances, or about him/her. What makes it right? Shouldn't we as a species take responsibility for our own actions and fix our own mess? Wouldn't doing that alone, evolve us to a much more mature species, if we could? Don't we teach our children from small to take responsibility for their own actions, and then what, they grow up and suddenly it becomes the good aliens' job to fix our mess? Where/when do those lines get blurred and is accepted? Is it right for me to come and tell you how to live your life? And then, would you listen to me and do what I tell you? Of course not, you going to send me in my *&&^$ you in very quickly, you'll even give my the directions to there. Knowing myself, I KNOW, I'm going to tell you (direct translation) tell you where David buried the roots. (hmmm ...that doesn't quite work, ok, try, I'll very definitely tell you to go fly straight into hell) I don't take very kindly to strangers telling me how to live my life. So then, how can you expect the good aliens to to step in?

Thinking along the lines of they are an evolved lot, with powers and all this amazing technology, and they should help us, is a natural reaction, but not very practical. Therefore you can't really judge them according to that rule.


ETA: Ok, where is the fail button for those that don't read OPs? You at least got something, and the adjustment was small, but these that the message just went right over their heads, I'm looking for a fail button
I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this, not whatever this is coming out of their mouths, so to speak.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Fenix777 because: ETA



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma
 

A star for you, because you're thinking now.

But turn the scenario around. Let's say a human expedition to another, nearby star finds planets orbiting it, one of which is Earthlike and inhabited by intelligent but not-very-advanced aliens.

Would we inevitably exploit or destroy them?

Given the historical record, it's easy to say that we would. But would it be possible?

Advanced technology is all very well, but we're the guys on the ground and we know the territory. Advanced technology didn't do the US military much good in Vietnam, did it? And just look at what's happening in Afghanistan...



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix777
reply to post by Dr Cosma
 


IF they were to expect us to give up something that is vital to us, like hugs, then yes, they would be the bad guys. But what if they want us to change something that TPTB don't WANT to change, that is in fact bad for us, like my example of us ripping the earth apart to indulge in greed? What does it make them then? Good or bad? For some they would be the bad guys and for others they would be the good guys, depending on your beliefs. If they are the bad guys to TPTB then TPTB also will naturally have the resources to poison us against them, by spreading lies, and scaring the people half to death, funding new movies depicting the aliens as a predatory race come to eat us (War of Worlds) (errr ... just an example I'm not saying that's what War of Worlds is about,
). The sheeple would eat that up, and their first instinct if and when the aliens to come, would be, they're bad... and go running down the street naked shouting at the top of their lungs "it's the end of the world!" *sigh*

I'm also saying that TPTB might be telling the truth, they might not be, it would help if they're just honest about everything, and then we would know and understand what's going on and what to believe. Unfortunately, telling lies upon lies, only makes it possible for people to distrust everything that comes out of your mouth, hence if for once, which is highly unlikely, they are telling the truth and the aliens coming ARE in fact bad, we wouldn't believe them, simply because they've lied to us so many times in the past, and thereby, putting us right in the line of fire. I can't stand liars.

Your logic tells you that if they're good guys then they would have stepped in already, that is a natural reaction, to expect them to step in. But in all honesty, would you? Would you step in in a complete stranger's life, if you could, and fix it? Why should you, what made it your responsibility to do so? If you did step in, and only managed to make things worse because you completely misunderstood the person, who takes the responsibility then? Is it right for you to meddle in in a stranger's life, when you actually don't know enough about his/her life and circumstances, or about him/her. What makes it right? Shouldn't we as a species take responsibility for our own actions and fix our own mess? Wouldn't doing that alone, evolve us to a much more mature species, if we could? Don't we teach our children from small to take responsibility for their own actions, and then what, they grow up and suddenly it becomes the good aliens' job to fix our mess? Where/when do those lines get blurred and is accepted? Is it right for me to come and tell you how to live your life? And then, would you listen to me and do what I tell you? Of course not, you going to send me in my *&&^$ you in very quickly, you'll even give my the directions to there. Knowing myself, I KNOW, I'm going to tell you (direct translation) tell you where David buried the roots. (hmmm ...that doesn't quite work, ok, try, I'll very definitely tell you to go fly straight into hell) I don't take very kindly to strangers telling me how to live my life. So then, how can you expect the good aliens to to step in?

Thinking along the lines of they are an evolved lot, with powers and all this amazing technology, and they should help us, is a natural reaction, but not very practical. Therefore you can't really judge them according to that rule.


ETA: Ok, where is the fail button for those that don't read OPs? You at least got something, and the adjustment was small, but these that the message just went right over their heads, I'm looking for a fail button
I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this, not whatever this is coming out of their mouths, so to speak.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Fenix777 because: ETA


Actually I believe the movies have a reverse on people.
Everyone I know, when we talk about the possibility of an ET race coming to Earth, believe them to be 'good'.
Most of the people on Earth are willing to accept anything that comes down from the sky and tells us that we are all bad. When in reality we have been manipulated and lied to, decieved by the PTB.
Why wouldnt they step in?
What the hell are they doing here then? Know what I meen?
If they were enemies of the PTB, lol, the PTB would be no more.
We are talking about, if, there is such an ET race coming to Earth, they would be so advanced that we would be cattle.
Can you talk to a cow?
Think about it.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax
 


Yes but that depends on whether I believe the Vietnam war was real or orchestrated to make money....which I do.
But anyway, yes ATM I believe that if we would reach another planet (which whos to say the PTB aint there) we would take all the resources we could. We would claim it ours no doubt, or try to.
Yes we are advanced in weaponry, but dont you think if we were been visited by a superior ET race that they wouldnt have better tech than us?
I think, if they are here, this planet is a lab.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma
 


I hear you, but on the other end of the spectrum, if they go around cleaning up the bad PTB, even those we don't know about, how are they going portray themselves to the masses with that? Maybe not a cow, but take a chimp, you will show it pictures, right? What kind of a violent picture is shooting the crap out of all our PTB and at that time sink our entire way of life, wouldn't that make the PTB martyrs to the chimps and make the good aliens bad?

ok, so you admit they can't communicate with us, agreed, that might be a problem, and if someone starts showing me pics like I'm stupid, I could become extremely difficult to communicate with, I might just keep thinking I am not stupid, what's with the pics? Especially if they look like us
who knows, right? I would think this person is patronizing me. Or I might just think that this random person (please let him not be arachnid) is a lunatic showing violent pics to random people in the street. What are they supposed to do, behave like a maim and bonk you over the head with a fist to get your attention and shove a violent big boom pic in your face? Were I a guy I'd punch him, but I'm a girl so I'd probably aim for his "tools" (hope they're not under his arm or something, I'm not very fit :lol
Ok, so they can't show us pics, they can't communicate with us, so what's left, actions, we will definitely understand actions. If their actions are violent we would associate them with violence thereby they're bad. Violence only creates more violence, and I would think that good aliens are above violence, they would have learnt their lessons with violence on their own world. So the only other image that is left for them to portray to us, is exactly what they're doing now.

As to your questions, what are they doing here if they're not here to dominate or something, I don't have the answer to that, it seems, if you try your best to filter through the BS threads, and the real ones, you might come up with one thing, that they're observing, or maybe even waiting. For something. I honestly don't know what that something could possibly be. Observing, no idea why, watching maybe for the change to come over us, to show them we're ready to receive them, looking for the change that will indicate communication with them is now possible. I haven't' got the foggiest. But that's what it seems like. Maybe they're just big brother and we're their reality TV show ;D I would think, if they were really here to dominate, and turn us into their slaves, then they would have done so already, as we're already slaves to our PTB anyway, we're ripe for the picking.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777
 


I don't think that our behavior is the same as that of any other species, plant, animal or microbe, if that were true then that would give us the permission to randomly do really stupid things without regard of any consequences.

I don't understand. Why would it give us permission?


I believe we can find a new way of doing things, if we put our minds together.

Compared to other animals, we are behaviourally quite labile, and not blindly doomed to follow our instincts. But unfortunately, that is only true of us as individuals. Our group behaviour is always completely instinctive. There is no hope for us, I'm afraid; like all other species, we will expand until we outrun our food supply or destroy our environment, and then we will decline, perhaps to perish.


If we were like you state "our behavior is the same as that of any other species, plant, animal or microbe". If that were true, then we would be completely un-aware, and oblivious to the the wrongs being committed against us and our earth.

As individuals, we are not like this. As a species, we most certainly are. Sorry to be such a Jonah.


edit on 27/11/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by SaturnFX
 

Amazing how many people have mistaken your meaning. Or it would be, if I didn't know, from a quarter-century in the communications business, just how mentally challenged the general population is.


Bingo!

Some people seem to have missed the very simple premise of this thread which was purely hypothetical in nature.
With comprehension skills as such, is it any wonder that the few rule the many?

IRM



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma
 


Horrifying thought, I don't want to be a labrat


But your reply to Astyanax there does make me wonder, why ARE we so focused on new weaponry technology? Why are we continuously trying to figure out new ways of torturing somebody else? I'm not saying that's all we're focused on, I'm simply saying we do seem to focus on it a lot more than other things that we need more. So then maybe the others are right, and we have already been invaded by the bad guys, and that's then what the good guys are doing up there, they're observing our weaponry
In which case SA is hardly a threat anymore, very few have legal weapons, and for them it's only a matter of time, majority of us have our panga's and hammers, lol (errr ... panga ... I think you guys call it a machete)(and please don't take that as gospel, lol, we don't exactly have machete wielding gangs running around in the streets
I don't see our weapons doing much harm to them "Draconian"
And as far as I know, our military have their weapons, and they're quite happy with them, no funky rockets and stuff here anymore
As far as I know, that is.

But this is all hypothetical, aren't we supposed to be thinking along those lines and then coming up with ideas as to what would we not be prepared to give up that they would want us to, before anything happens? Hypothetically speaking while trying to think non human and more alien.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


You mean all we have to do is keep on hugging each other and the Aliens will never invade? Sounds like a plan to me. I don't want the bastards here... We don't need 'em.



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax
 


Jonah? I'm lost, how are you being a Jonah?
Maybe I should ask, who's Jonah, is he somebody here that does something bad? I'm new remember?

Ok, permission, if I was a black widow spider, female, I have now mated, now I eat my mate. To me, that is normal, hence I have permission to do that, I have permission to do that, because it's in my nature, I don't know any better, I was created that way, and nobody can hold it against me, hence, I have permission. We can't exactly teach the black widow spider not to eat her mate, now can we? They have "permission" to do something totally horrendous, simply because we can't hold their nature against them, so we let them do their thing. If we were the same, then we would have same such permission, so you come here, it's my lunch time and I'm hungry


We don't do that (well most of us anyway), simply because we are aware that it's a taboo. I think this is what the OP was getting at. If the aliens were us, and we were all black widow spiders eating our mates, and they expected us to become aware, and stop doing that before they would come. That we are aware, and we can make choices, what would we find unacceptable to give up, that they might want us to?

As to your second comment, I don't agree with you. I am a pretty big pessimist, but I don't trust people on an individual level. I have reason to doubt they would ever change. But give them understanding, and awareness, I have seen how amazingly they come together and change everything, for ever. SA will never go back to the way it was, which is friggin awesome, it's not perfect, but we're still growing, and it's awesome. People did that, in a group. Simply because they understood the importance of why, and what it was for. They could change South Africa, if they could do that, and you gave the same tools to the people of the world, and we all came together, we can change the world. But there are too many people, that simply don't believe we are capable. And while there are those elements are there, and the elements like me, can't explain ourselves clearly enough, we can definitely not do anything at all, and so, we tie our own hands.

As for your last comment, I don't understand.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join