It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People here lift weights (work out)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi fellas (and gals).

Does anybuddy here work out, you know lift weights? I started doin it when I was in the Navy and its something I try to do as much as possible nowadays. Goin to muscle beach is alotta fun (you can show off a little bit there
and the ladies seem to like watchin ya.

I can bench press 250 and sometimes more. When I started out I was only a pipsqueek and could hardly lift a 10 pound dumbbell without fallin over.

Does anybuddy here work out, you know lift weights?

Thanks,
Ronnie "TOUGH GUY' Williams

Check out this web site will ya
www.edcorney.net...

(NOT me)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4c633b8e962.jpg[/atsimg]

(NOT me)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7370f84090f9.jpg[/atsimg]
“That’s what I call posing."

edit on 26-11-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

yeah i lift but take a brake in Nov till after new years every year. ill do 12 reps 3 sets bench press of 135 pounds. I work out to not bulk up but to get lean. I dont know what my max is for bench press because i never tryed it and dont really care.

When i start back up in January ill be working out 2 hours a day every other day lifting weights in high reps to lean out. I love to watch a movie in these times when i work out. it helps make my work outs go faster.

after leaning up im able to sit cross legged on the floor and in one motion lift my self with my arms on the floor bring my legs under me and around to do a full hand stand. not alot of people can do that

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Two days ago my girlfriend and I decided it would be a good idea to buy EA Sports Active, a fitness game for the PS3, since we can't afford to go snowboarding just yet and because there's barely any snow. I'm actually starting to wonder if we'll actually have any snow at all this year.

In any case, I popped it in and opted for the main exercise routine, three or four times a week about twenty minutes each session, "that's not so bad" I thought to myself since I used to do 200 push-ups and 200 sit-ups a day. ...but that was back when I had a six pack and not a keg.

About ten minutes in, the heart rate monitor is showing 190bmp and I'm feeling the burn, felt oh so good! The next morning, I get up out of bed and fall face first on the floor, my legs were mush. I can make it out of bed today but that's about it...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh dear dear Ronnie ... it wasn't that funny the last time.

It's getting time for a new trolling shtick ... surely there must another way you can garner attention.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Now that sounds like some good workout, guy

Thanks for yer reply.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Sounds like you got a pretty good workout there buddy

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

yeah working out is hard work but once you get past those first 3 weeks you get addicted to it. you start looking so good you dont want to stop. I love working out but i also love my 3 month brakes every year. I pig out and get fat for the hoildays so i can start all over again.

Once i start all ill eat is chicken, no candy, sodas, ice cream. just the health stuff. Ill also do lots of protin powders and water.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I use to love to workout , but it got old really fast, It became more like a job to me ,so I stopped . I may start back one day, who knows.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Sounds to me like ya got a good handle on your work out routine and you know what to eat and what to stay away from.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hey Ronnie, good for you. I admire guys that are "older" (than me) and keep at it. Some of these guys (and gals too) are in amazing shape. I got got bit at 13 years old when I read Arnold's book HERE and it propelled me. Keep in mind this was before his acting career and he was talking about "positive mental attitude". He announced he planned on using his PMA to become great movie star (you can imagine him saying this in his thick, Austrian acccent). Well, I guess I kinda rolled my eyes but the man knew what he was talking about didn't he!? At 13 I had a pretty impressive build and not alot of kids my age were working out like that. Later in life I got lazy again until I hit a personal/emotional crises point and I took off full force--about 26 years of age. I'm 45 now and bulking up is not my primary goal. I'm pretty trimmed up and lean and get comments still on my arms and such. However, as many know, it's not even about the build anmore. It's a total mental thing---it keeps me sane! My workout at my gym is THERAPY for me. One I can't do without. Anyone else who does this knows what I'm talking about.

spelling edit
edit on 26-11-2010 by Corbin Dalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Been weight lifting since 2001. Also do Muay Thai and a family martial art based around it. Also mess around in a local ring for traditional boxing every so often. Off trail hiking with a weighted backpack. Practice sword and hand knife techniques, and head over to the shooting range when I can.

My philosophy is to stay warrior fit. You never know when a fight might happen or when a dude tries to rob you.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I do, even did a bodybuilding competition in 2008, when I was 18. Steroid free for now, even if there is a lot of pressure from the gym.

Everybody should work out, especially in 2010 with all the MCdo everywhere to feed our muscles

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that so many peoples take their physical fitness so serious.

Thanks for all of yer good replies.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Another gym rat here
It is my escape from all the stress of life. I go 6 days a week and have to force myself to take a day off. Keep slinging those weights ATS peeps.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ruger4d4

Thanks for yer reply, bud (starred

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Was lifting weights but after thanksgiving just couldn't lift a finger anymore. The garage is not a warm place for working out when it starts raining as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Nothing better than a bunch of half naked men getting all greased up and pumping iron eh inchworm? They say no pain no gain but it's nothing a little Preparation H couldn't fix right?

Since I wouldn't know why don't you tell us all about it..

I know at least one person would love to hear about it... in DETAIL!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Lifting weights is a fun challenge. Talking about it can be a bit dull.

Anyway, I think I could press 3 Richard Simmonses.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You mean the worm doesn't use the shake weight?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Merry Christmas sailor Ronnie

new topics

top topics

join