It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government has issued a "D-notice" for Wiki-Links

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don’t believe this, if it is true it makes no sense what so ever.

A D-Notice only has jurisdiction in the UK so every other news outlet in the world could just do the reporting for us and the D-notice just wouldn’t work, if anything it would make the government look really stupid. And the source is Twitter!!!!

My understanding is that the D-Notice system is a voluntary agreement between the government and the press, so the government couldn’t silence the press if they wanted to.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OHH, would it not be SO FUNNY and IRONIC if the D-Notice was ignored by a news corp, and the Wiki-leaks material, was "leaked" too soon. Oh the Irony. It would be so ironic it would be funny.

And why wikileaks would you be giving the news media or anyone else for that matter the "material" before you give it to the people of the world?

When wikileaks gives it to media first, it is a slap in the face it seems, it gives corporations for profit time to do damage control before hand because it is them that has corrupted the GOV.

Ironic, the definition, would be the Wikileaks D-Notice.

I am going to search on google for wikileaks D-notice, I'm pretty sure a news company has it on a back-door server already waiting for the right time for release. (hint hint)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Rubbish.

Assange is not in league with the enemy, to suggest such a thing is clear indication of what you are.

You sound like a disinfo plant (although you may not be one), desperately trying to lay a trail that leads away from assanges' credibility.

I can understand why the guilty would try to engineer such a smear campaign/trail, but i wonder what a disinfo professional would be getting out of working for them? Money? Position? A place in the 'ark' for you and yours? What?

What is worth working for sickening criminals who hold money and dominion over people more valuable that the people themselves?

As the creeps in government are so fond of often saying to US ALL when challenged about spying on us, "If you have nothing to hide, and you have done nothing wrong, why worry about being investigated?

Well, unfortunately for guilty elements in governments, that little nugget works both ways...and by the looks of the feverish campaign to plant the seeds of doubt to discredit WL, and the panicky reaction to the upcoming 'world changing' information release, the governments *certainly* have very much they want to hide!

I sincerely hope that any criminal behaviour exposed by the upcoming release is punished to the full letter of the law. Rank and position is irrelevant, if they are guilty, then they are punished as per prescribed law.

With any luck, this release will be the catalyst that allows us, the 'little people' to clear the decks, and sweep away the entrenched corruption that festers in the corridors of power, and make a new start for the betterment of humanity, not just the few at the top of the stinking heap.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Xcathdra

With any luck, this release will be the catalyst that allows us, the 'little people' to clear the decks, and sweep away the entrenched corruption that festers in the corridors of power, and make a new start for the betterment of humanity, not just the few at the top of the stinking heap.

Ditto... Amen, and any other appropriate affermative reply. This is exactly the thinking that will turn the screw on the corperatocracy that the UK is becoming, or has become behind the scenes.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I understand it perfectly mate.

It's called panic!

PM; What can we do?! What can we do! If the public get wind of what we think is going to be leaked, we've ALL had it! The game will be up! What-the-hell-are-we-going-to-do?!!

CS: Well, prime minister..we could issue a D-notice, that might contain it somewhat, at least from most of the UK public who are only interested in Eastenders and other dreary TV soaps, the public with their eyes wide open will find the information out regardless.

PM: Well, it's the majority that counts...do it man, issue the notice..and pray we don't get lynched!

It's plain, old fashioned 'flapping' and grasping at straws.

It won't work of course..at least not in the end. If there is information contained in the latest release that will change the 'world view', i think there will be more than a few high profile people that would do well to avoid standing too close to lamp posts and ropes for a while.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

But the D-Notice system is voluntary.........

The press could just tell them to go F themselves and everybody but the BBC would report it and in the end the government would look really stupid. I don’t think there is going to be a D-Notice.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, D notice or not, I'm certainly going to dig into this when the cables are released to see if there is anything linking any of the bigger players with the Arctic Sea incident

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It might be voluntary, but if it's not observed by a news agency, they can kiss goodbye ANY future privileged information, any future exclusives, in fact, they will be last in the queue for any information originating from government circles and their 'faithful' friends in the corporations.

Plus, i would expect a *very* in depth audit of their accounts would follow very quickly, followed by accusations of impropriety and associated investigation.

In short, while *technically* a voluntary thing, the hassles and recriminations that would result from an agency breaking the notice, would be severe..severe enough to make them think more than twice.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I'd forgotten about 'the Arctic Sea' mystery.

Went all quiet didn't it.

I wonder why...as you say, hopefully that will be part of what we are finally told about.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I'd forgotten about 'the Arctic Sea' mystery.

Went all quiet didn't it.

I wonder why...as you say, hopefully that will be part of what we are finally told about.

I'm hoping that we'll get answers to some of the questions we have all be asking.. like clearing up the details of the Arctic Sea Mystery.. I'm sure the UK and US where deeply embroiled in that one so it would be good to see what the cables contain. It's things like that I think that have driven the UK to push the reminder of the standing D Notices..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So now the UK Government wants to try and stop embarassing stories about a foreign power, or at least have a heads up first before they are published?

Whatever happened to "freedom of the press"?

These documents are going to be released en masse online, meaning that anyone with a brain and an internet connection can read them, but the British Government wants to try and limit the reporting of this?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As far as those people who are saying that "the US Government wouldn't allow ANYONE to release documents that they didn't want released", and that Wikileaks is actually an arm of the US Government, think about this.

The "Triple Agent" theory suggests that perhaps Wikileaks really IS an independant organization, and the US Government are just trying to put out disinformation out there trying to convince people that Wikileaks is an arm of US intelligence, not doing anything outside of US Government control.

Double Agent - Wikileaks really working for US Government
Triple Agent - US Government trying to COVERTLY say that Wikileaks is working for them, hoping that the sheeple believe it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I sure hope wiki releases the password to the encrypted files, which he provided on torrent.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I'm starting to think the 'Insurance file' IS the release.

Assange is *again* being smeared by the intel agencies, (the SO obvious rape thing), and WL may have simply decided enough is enough. I think we may be getting a cipher key released fairly soon.

I really thought in my ignorance that our 'intelligence services' were run by intelligent people...i guess paper qualifications are very misleading, because there is not very much in the way of intelligence being displayed over WL and the hash of a fit-up they are trying to do to Assange.

Are they forgetting that WL is a whole bunch of people, not just Assange (who is basically a spokesperson)?

In this particular case, they haven't realized that by cutting off the head of WL (as they see it), the body will just grow a new one and release everything they have.

There really is nothing they can do about it, short of framing or assassinating every member of WL, because that is what it is going to take to stop the flow of information.

Personally, i think the people at WL are among the most courageous people on Earth right now. If only we had more like them.

Thank you WL, most of us appreciate you and what you do for us. Well, those of us with nothing to hide do anyway.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Hey Kevin, I just picked up on something you had said earlier. You're right, the The Guardian already has the cables. So I can understand why a "reminder" may have been issued.

Der Spiegel has posted a Q&A about the 'Embassy Files' release. Among the details:

- Included are 251,287 cables and 8,000 diplomatic directives
- One cable dates back to 1966, but most are newer than 2004
- 9,005 documents date from the first two months of 2010
- Der Spiegel, The New York Times, The Guardian, Le Monde and El País have had access to the files and reviewed them.

None of the documents are classified 'Top Secret', but only 'Secret' at the highest clssification rating. This was also confirmed by Politico's White House correspondent Mike Allen on Twitter, quoting the US administration.

According to Der Spiegel, just over half of the cables are not subject to classification, 40.5 percent are classified as "confidential" and only six percent or 15,652 dispatches as "secret." 2.5 million U.S. employees have access to SIPRNET material, where these cables originated.

A graphical representation of the worldwide distribution of the cables appears on the Spiegel site.

Der Spiegel is expected to go live with the full edition at 22:30 Sunday, local time.

wlcentral.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here's the proof to the D-Notice "reminder".

Saturday 08:25 UK government tries to intimidate newsrooms

Based on an antique piece of legistlation, the British government has sent several DA-Notices (short for Defence Advisory Notice) to newsrooms throughout the country. This is a non-binding procedure that advises editors to consult with the Ministry of Defence before publishing any information. On his blog, Guido Fawkes published the email sent to all media institutions:

"May I ask you to seek my advice before publishing or broadcasting any information drawn from these latest Wikileaks’ disclosures which might be covered by the five standing DA Notices. In particular, would you carefully consider information that might be judged to fall within the terms of DA Notice 1 (UK Military Operations, Plans and Capabilities) and DA Notice 5 (UK Intelligence Services and Special Forces)."

On his blog, Sky News editor Simon Bucks explains that DA-Notices have almost always been followed, at least by ways of compromise, where journalists make sure to obfuscate some elements.

OWNI

Brace yourselves for Sunday's release.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So... on Sunday they will release all these documents...

By Sunday night the world will all be pissed off...

By Monday morning the planes will be in the air

By Monday noon we will have DEFCON 1

By Monday evening we will find out if HAARP and our space based lasers really CAN stop those missiles

Well they DID say they were prepping for "worst case scenario"

All those documents...

* 251,287 diplomatic cables will be released.
* 8,000 directives from the State department.
* 15,652 documents are classified ’secret’

And I have to work hard to find just one...

something is not right here...

Hmmm.. well time to dust the cobwebs off the bunker... check food supplies... just in case
edit on 27-11-2010 by zorgon because: Just give me ONE 'Secret' document on NAVY Space Ships... that's all I need

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nah, by Monday people are going to be asking "where is all of the history changing stuff?"

Even more will be saying WTF is this?

The few nuggets this will provide may make for some interesting conversations among the general public, and behind the scenes a whole new level of distrust will be the result between diplomatic agencies of several nations who may in the future opt to exchange secret cables via trusted secret agent couriers rather than use electronic communications.

Harder to build a global governing body if nations cant trust one another with secret and private messages eh?

Another non-event event, brought to you by wikileaks and the CIA.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

None of the documents are classified 'Top Secret', but only 'Secret' at the highest classification rating.

well that is quite a bit disappointing.
all this hype over something that's not
even classified as TOP SECRET.
Granny, bring me the jug !!!!
I've wasted my time !!!
This is like sex
with no climax !!!

This reminds me of a card I saw in a bookstore
which both sides said the same exact thing.

How do you keep a redneck in suspense?
see other side !!!

see other side !!!

see other side !!!

I'm a redneck so I'm allowed
edit on 11/27/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ugh man that just pisses me right off right there these rats tellin the media to hush up about the news from Wikileaks or perhaps "filter" it and deem it as "made up" or fake documents to let the brainwashed individuals see it as nothing and move along like nothing happened. They're smart to play this move with he
Media but Hopefuly that just drives one of these reporters and not give in. As I said earlier if this I indeed real hard cold facts of disgusting acts governments have done over the years it is important for everyone to know and not be blinded anymore by lies and filtered garbage the media has fed people over years.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join