It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government has issued a "D-notice" for Wiki-Links

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Could it be that it has escaped your attention that shutting down the internet theoretically or otherwise in the USA is not globally?

As far as I am aware the USA does not own all the world yet despite the fact that they are working on it!

Stopping the internet in the States might be a minor inconvenience to the rest of the world but it would not stop the flow of information. We could actually live without it (except for facebook users of course!
)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Are you in any way surprised by this? For hundreds of years the elite have hidden behind walls of disinformation, D-notices, and the like. Now we have the internet information has become a serious issue for TPTB, now they have to rely on discrediting the information, assassinating those who may expose their activities, and so on.

Undoubtedly the information to be released by Wikileaks will contain much information that discredits the lies we've been fed by the UK government, but nothing will happen. Nobody will be brought to account for their various crimes. All that will happen is that the MSM in the UK will go along with TPTB and anyone trying to do anything about exposing the crimes, having people arrested, or other will be harassed, humiliated, or removed.

We have reached the point where TPTB are above the law, the law no longer applies to government, they are free to behave as they see, and we have no alternative.

If anyone was arrested and charged then they will spill the beans on everyone else, so to stop the whole corrupt edifice crumbling before our eyes nothing will happen.

As a nation people already believe that crimes have been committed, some evidence has leaked out previously, and watching even the MSM you can see crimes being committed. However, even when faced with overwhelming documentary evidence of crimes nothing will be done. Not a thing.

The warnings of Eisenhower about the Military Industrial Complex are a reality, the NWO is already here, TPTB have removed themselves from our reality and now impose their fascistic reality on the rest of us. We are deceived daily, we are fed lies, and the truth, freedom, and altruism are distant memories buried with the likes of Kennedy, Kelly, and other visionaries who have tried to stand up to the NWO conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I definitely respect your opinion and partially agree. However, I do not trust the "leakers" or their motivations. As we see daily the people of all 3 of the main player nations do very little even when they have information, facts, and proof. Not even when their lives are violated repeatedly for decades and only ramped up recently. Still.. nothing. Exactly what do you think the citizenry will do with this information besides cluck their tongues, gripe on message boards, and treat it like a tabloid story that justifies their feelings... while the "enemies" feast on it and use it? Ive seen NO other action by the citizens of any of these countries behave any differently with previous leaks. All bark and no bite from us all. It will take more than a leak to get us moving.. but it feeds the ones who are already making moves against us. They appear to be a tad more motivated than we are.

So to me, preservation of life with this single thing is by far more important than satisfying the nosiness/lust for information ( hey, Im lusting too! ) of the citizens and feeding the enemy.

I may not be right, you may not be right, but its just my opinion
I thank the civil for such a civil discussion.. especially when Im the one going against the grain

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The fact that our government is preparing so much for the wiki release should send huge red flags to everyone.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by neformore
Sorry, but this is hype by Wikileaks

What is meant by ‘slapping a D-Notice on’ something?

* This phrase is still used by people, and sounds dramatic, but it is no longer what actually happens! DA-Notices are not issued for particular incidents. The 5 standing Notices cover various eventualities, and, if necessary, the editor's’ attention is just drawn by the DA-Notice Secretary to the advice in the appropriate Notice.

DA Notices FAQ

No notice will have been "issued" because the standing notices are already in place.

Wikileaks actually said that DA Notice warnings were issued.

Yep... The article did not state d notices were issued, but warnings... Kinda like "with this wikileaks thing... Keep in mind those d-notices are in effect"

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

See and that is th other thing... This statement about warnings regarding d notices are commensurate withe the warnings our own US gov is giving to other governments....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I do not trust the "leakers" or their motivations.

so this has absolutely nothing to do
with the truth but only where the truth
comes from ??? That is a biased judgment.

So does that mean we discount a criminal's
confession because he is a criminal even
though he tells the truth ???

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
The fact that our government is preparing so much for the wiki release should send huge red flags to everyone.

Thats what caught my attention. We received no orders for the previous one. This one must be pretty sensitive. Then again, I guess it could be hype.. hell, who knows anymore. The whole world has gone mad. In the last 20 years my previous beliefs have been honestly turned on their ear and Ive accepted that the world I live in isnt the one I thought it was.. the one Id have bet my own life on that it was.Once you accept you perhaps dont know what you think you do and what you feel just may be false.. a door opens. A frightening one. Most are too arrogant to even consider the possibility. I believe some of the people here who feel certain ways with these conspiracies will also be rudely awakened n the same way to the truth if its ever truly revealed. I just doubt any truth will surface within my lifetime.Half of what we think is truth and what has been leaked or hinted to has been wrong on either side of the spectrum. I believe its possible that we are ALL wrong.

Keep us confused and off balance.. feed us BS and then leak "truth" bs... best and oldest trick in the book.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I do not trust the "leakers" or their motivations.

so this has absolutely nothing to do
with the truth but only where the truth
comes from ??? That is a biased judgment.

So does that mean we discount a criminal's
confession because he is a criminal even
though he tells the truth ???

No you miss my point or Im not expressing it properly.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I do understand your position, I just can not quite agree with you... if my gov has been naughty, then that needs to be dealt with.. as much as any loss of life upsets me, I can not in good conscience ignore wrongdoing on our part as that would make a mockery of those who died over the last 1,000 years fighting for us to enjoy even the limited freedoms we have today..

I guess I'll have to wait to see what the leaks say before I can really comment.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

sorry if I misunderstood
please continue

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

sorry if I misunderstood
please continue

I wish I could! LOL! I cant get the words to express what I am meaning. Must be the turkey overload or Im talking out of my rear end... either way let me think on it and see if I can connect my fingers to my brain.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Wikileaks actually said that DA Notice warnings were issued.

They don't issue warnings about specifics. They simply request compliance with the standing notices.

Wikileaks cannot claim that specific requests are about them, because the D-Notice committee would not mention Wikileaks, they would simply mention the standing notices relating to certain areas.

The specifics are within the standing notices and specific DA Notices are pointed to in the warning.

If a warning is issued to pre-empt an article, in this case an article releasing highly classified information relating to the intelligence services and military matters, it would be blatantly obvious what articles they would want to be briefed on and the news agency would know where the information in the articles originated from.

If a news agency has been given "highly classified" information by Wikileaks and that information corresponds to information within individual DA Notices, Wikileaks can certainly claim that the warning is related to them in some way.
edit on 26/11/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I just can't for the life of me
understand why folks think that
releasing classified documents
that clearly show criminal
behavior is a bad thing.

If it is wrong, then it needs
to be addressed and corrected.
If it never is, then we build
our society on a house of lies
and deceit which will soon
crumble as all empires based
on the same principles have done
in the past. History repeats itself.
America will fall just like Rome
and Greece. Why? Because
some think they can get away
with it due to their status in life.

People like this have a big ole hole
in their soul which no amount of induced
killing or pain and suffering can fill.
Yet, they continue to try .....
unrestricted.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If these classified documents were encrypted when sent and now he is going to reveal the clear text document that would give a big break to any country trying to break the encryption system.

That makes the documents a national security idem

If he leaks enough national security documents from the wrong country he is going to be arrested or have a accident.

Ether that or he will have to find a country that will protect him.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
If he leaks enough national security documents from the wrong country he is going to be arrested or have a accident.
Ether that or he will have to find a country that will protect him.

Not if he times the release perfectly
with the crash of the financial systems.
Finding Julian will be the least of their
worries.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Interesting but unsubstantiated claim.

Did you know that D Notices are published?

DA-Notices System

Not seeing a reference to Wikileaks (or Wiki-Links either) on that site.

Where has the claim come from?

Don't ruin it for them, let them build the hype up.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Shame on you Mr. Cameron - the man who promised TRANSPARENCY.

To be fair, it wasn't him in power at the time, was it?

It must be very serious if they are not going to take up this opportunity to have a pop at Labour.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ahem, doubters...

From: Andrew Vallance Sent: Fri 26/11/2010 12:42 To: Sunday Telegraph; Ian Martin; Sunday Telegraph; Channel Five; Caroline Wyatt; C4 News Desk; Sun; Kevin Brown; Sunday Mail; Mail on Sunday; Five TV; Associated Press TV; William Lewis; Tim Marshall; Press Gazette; Allister Heath; Jonathan Collett; Daily Telegraph; Daily Record; Evening Standard; Daily Star; Independent on Sunday; Observer; Foresight News; Daily Express; Sunday Times; Financial Times; Associated Press; Times; Spark FM; chris wissun; Sunday Mirror; Sunday Herald; News of the World; Tom Newton-Dunn; Stephen Abell; Scotsman; Press Association; BFBS Will Inglis; Will Gore; Mark Birdsall; Guardian; Daily Mail; Daily Mirror; People; Foresight News; Telegraph Legal; Glenmore Trenear-Harvey; Sunday Post; Reuters; ITV News Desk; Independent; Evening Times; Jonathan Grun; Glasgow Herald; Five TV

Subject: DA Notice Letter of Advice to All UK Editors – Further Wikileaks Disclosures

To All Editors

Impending Further National Security Disclosures by Wikileaks

I understand that Wikileaks will very shortly release a further mass of US official documents onto its internet website. The full scope of the subject matter covered by these documents remains to be seen, but it is possible that some of them may contain information that falls within the UK’s Defence Advisory Notice code. Given the large number of documents thought to be involved, it is unlikely that sensitive UK national security information within these documents would be recognised by a casual browser. However, aspects of national security might be put at risk if a major UK media news outlet brought such information into obvious public prominence through its general publication or broadcast.

Therefore, may I ask you to seek my advice before publishing or broadcasting any information drawn from these latest Wikileaks’ disclosures which might be covered by the five standing DA Notices. In particular, would you carefully consider information that might be judged to fall within the terms of DA Notice 1 (UK Military Operations, Plans and Capabilities) and DA Notice 5 (UK Intelligence Services and Special Forces). May I also ask you to bear in mind the potential consequential effects of disclosing information which would put at risk the safety and security of Britons working or living in volatile regions where such publicity might trigger violent local reactions, for example Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan?

As always, I am available 24/7 to offer DA Notice guidance…

Yours Sincerely,
Andrew Vallance

Air Vice-Marshal Secretary, Defence Press and Broadcasting Advisory Committee

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join