It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformational Education - Preparing Our Children for Global Citizenship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Abraham Lincoln once said:

"The philosophy of the school room in one generation will become the philosophy of government in the next."

Lincoln obviously recognised how important education was in creating the government of the future. But what if that education is decided, managed and implimented by the government to suit it's own agenda?

Michael Chapman is an educational researcher and author. His efforts have uncovered direct links between the restructuring of public schools using programs such as Goals 2000 and School-to-Work and the restructuring of communities using Sustainable Development.

In this video presentation, Chapman presents everything I am about to present to you (and much more) except he does it more succinctly and in depth than I ever could. So, if you were to stop reading now and just watch that video presentation I have linked, I wouldn't blame you

If you still have to be convinced before clicking the link and investing some time in the video I will present some of Chapmans findings here in the hope that it forwards you eventually to the video

For those doing research into education reform, aka systems education, Dr Shirley McCune entered the scene in 1989 when she was a guest speaker at the 1989 Governor's Conference on Education called by President George Bush, Sr, and held in Wichita, Kansas.

Researchers were, and still are, aghast at what McCune had to say at that conference, and further aghast that governors in attendance applauded her.
Source

So, what did McCune have to say? Well, what McCune actually did was explain the long-term plan for education in a sustainable society. Many of you may not know that the years between 2005 - 2015 have been identified as the 'United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development' which "seeks to integrate the principles, values, and practices of sustainable development into all aspects of education and learning, in order to address the social, economic, cultural and environmental problems we face in the 21st century."

McCune explains how this is going to happen...

"Far too much of our efforts have been focused on the issue of lets find the short term fix ... rather than the issue of understanding that what we are into is a total restructuring of the society. What is happening in America today and what is happening to Kansas in the great plains is not simply a chance situation in the usual winds of change. What it amounts to is a total transformation of our society ... and the issues for most children, as is the issue for most of society, is that what has changed in education today is that we no longer see the teaching of facts and information as the primary outcome of eduction. During the past ten years we have been going through a reform movement, and that reform movement began with the governors of the nations ... deciding that what their concern was ... they began to understand the very close relationship between economic development and human capital."

As unbelievable as that sounds, it's true. Just to reiterate the three main points in this educational agenda:

1."Total transformation of society."
2."Facts and information (knowledge) is no longer the primary purpose of education."
3."Connection between economic (sustainable) development and human capital (labor).

So, where is the evidence of this? Well, it's all nicely written down for us in the numerous text books given to our children and our children's teachers. Text books such as...

Getting To Know Connected Mathematics

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ca76dcdf077.jpg[/atsimg]

Standard 3: Mathematics as reasoning.

"They learn that mathematics is man made, that it is arbitrary, and good solutions are arrived at by consensus among those who are considered expert."

Yes, you read that right. No longer does 2+2 = 4. Oh no, those who are 'considered expert' might decide (by consensus) that 2+2 now = 3. Not even mathematics is safe!

In the teachers guide at the back we are told that...

"Because the curriculum does not emphasise arithmetic computations done by hand some students may not do as well on tests assessing computational skills. We believe such a trade off in favour of CMP is very much to the students advantage in the world of work."

In other words, they don't want children to think about the numbers behind the buttons, they just want them to know what buttons to press...like good little mindless drones. Which is why most modern day cash registers look like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f33ba99b1f2e.jpg[/atsimg]

And what has this got to do with Sustainable Development? Well, here is the answer straight from the horses mouth...

'Education for Sustainable Development Toolkit'

"Generally, more highly educated people, who have higher incomes, consume more resources than poorly educated people, who tend to have lower incomes. In this case, more education increases the threat to sustainability."

There you have it, in their own words, intelligent people are a threat to their planned sustainable future!

UNESCO goes on to reiterate this agenda:

"Indeed, in the 21st century, the literacy of SD will be as essential to comprehending the world as were the traditional skills of reading and writing at the start of the 20th century."

"The effectiveness must ultimately be measured by the degree to which ESD changes the attitudes and behaviours of people, both in their individual roles and in carrying out their collective responsibilities and duties as citizens"

This is then backed up by the 'Performance Instructions Manual' which states that:

"Learning has not taken place until behaviour is changed."

"Values, attitudes and interests can be learned/taught and also objectively evaluated."

Doe that not stink of indoctrination?

But how would one "objectively evaluate" an individuals values, attitudes and interests? Well, they do it through assessments, of course. The term 'assessment' has replaced the original term 'test' because the latter is easily definable, it is basically a measure of objective knowledge.

Ask yourself; what do I assess?

Well, you assess your house for it's value. You assess your car for it's value.

So now we are assessing our children for their value, their perceived value to society, based on how well they think like a globalist.

Lenin once said:

"Take away a peoples heritage and they are easily persuaded."

Which is why the subject of history is always one of the first to come under scrutiny...

'National History Standards Textbook'

"One of the most common problems is the compulsion students feel to find the one right answer. Or worse yet, they rush to closure, reporting back as self evident truths the facts or conclusions presented in the documents or texts."

It's very '1984 - doublethink' in it's technique. It's aim is to confuse the pupil by introducing a grey area, muddying the water of documented history, slowly replacing unacceptable history with an acceptable version. Their acceptable version.

All I have done here is present some extracts from school, pupil and teacher textbooks in the hope of highlighting how education is being subverted right before our very eyes. Like I said at the start, I urge everyone to watch the video presentation if you wish to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

More information on Sustainable Development can be found here.
A very good source of information regarding the subversion of education can be found here
More from Michael Chapman can be found here and here

Remember what a wise man once said...

"The philosophy of the school room in one generation will become the philosophy of government in the next."

...and then ask yourself; what kind of government is on the horizon?
edit on 26/11/2010 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

.......and then ask yourself; what kind of government is on the horizon?

From the looks of that, a Facist Dictatorship ............ The People Must RISE to Prevent it . Liberty is Under Attack here .

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Star and flag
I was just spell nazied by a probable teacher for making this very point OP
I found your thread to be timely, informative,
and one of the most convenient fly swatters I have ever used.

people who become teachers often do so because of the security the job offers.
as Ben Franklin is supposed to have said:
"those who trade liberty for security shall have neither"

So trust me, coming from a family full of them:
They will do what ever they are told if their security is promised to them.
What ever happened to all the pre world war 2 teachers in Nazi germany?
I know what happened to the jewish ones.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
One of my professors is retiring after this year, we've had some long talks about some of this. It is indoctrination and she maintains that students these days are not being taught to think critically, and instead being indoctrinated.

The difference between the high school education I got back in the late 70's-early 80's was vastly superior and far more difficult than the college courses I am taking right now. It's ridiculous just how easy I am getting A grades with virtually no effort on my part. What's even more frightening... is the amount of people failing at these exact same classes.

The 'dumbing down' of America is a true fact.
edit on 26-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Another aspect of this "total restructuring of the society," that doesn't become immediately obvious, is the divide that is created between parents and children. When a child is taught a method that is completely alien to their parents how are those parents supposed to help their child with their homework?

What usually happens is either;
A. The parent can't fathom re-learning everything they were taught in school, so they just don't help their child as much as they'd like.
B. The parent does re-learn everything all over again - in which case - they too have been indoctrinated, albeit second hand.

Either way it is win/win for those in control.

A quick example of how education has been changed (even when no change was needed) is Connected Mathematics...

If you have watched the video you will realise just how pointless these methods are. Especially when one of the teachers manuals says "why bother learning it all when you could just use a calculator?"

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Lenin once said:

"Take away a peoples heritage and they are easily persuaded."

This is exactly why our founding fathers have been under attack for a few decades now. I graduated 20+ years ago and had arguments with teachers back in the 80's about how they were making the founders seem irrelevant and making their accomplishments suspect.

I also have had discussions with people that believe 2 + 2 = 4 simply because someone said so. As if math was invented by a couple people and it can not be proven.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah, the Nazi's were very aware of how important education was in controlling the masses and creating a new consciousness amongst them.

Subjects underwent a major change in schools. Some of the most affected were History and Biology.

History was based on the glory of Germany - a nationalistic approach was compulsory. The German defeat in 1918 was explained as the work of Jewish and Marxist spies who had weakened the system from within; the Treaty of Versailles was the work of nations jealous of Germany's might and power; the hyperinflation of 1923 was the work of Jewish saboteurs; the national resurgence which started under the leadership of Hitler etc.

Biology became a study of the different races to 'prove' that the Nazi belief in racial superiority was a sound belief. "Racial Instruction" started as the age of 6. Hitler himself had decreed that "no boy or girl should leave school without complete knowledge of the necessity and meaning of blood purity." Pupils were taught about the problems of heredity. Older pupils were taught about the importance of selecting the right "mate" when marrying and producing children. The problems of inter-racial marriage were taught with an explanation that such marriages could only lead to a decline in racial purity.

Geography taught pupils about the land Germany had taken away from her in 1919 and the need for Germany to have living space - lebensraum.

Science had a military-slant to it. The curriculum required that the principles of shooting be studied; military aviation science; bridge building and the impact of poisonous gasses.

Source

Once again, history is always the first to be altered. As the leader of the Nazi Teacher's League, Hans Schemm, put it: 'Those who have the youth on their side control the future.'

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think I might be of some assistance here since I school was only about 5 months ago for me. I do remember very clearly that everything my teachers told me and everything I read in my books was aimed at the world of business. No it was not just acquiring good work skills I could somewhat understand that but it had nothing to do with maybe carpentry, or just learning algebra, it had to do with learning this information for the world of business.

I didn’t understand why I was forced to learn any of that crap since a young age I had a deep resentment towards business so obviously I would never enter the corporate/business world. I did not notice this until 9th grade which was 2006-07 I do believe. It might just be I was too young to remember or that is just when they decided to implement it.

I was always told by my parents that school was to teach me information so that I would have enough knowledge to be successful and select my own career I was never informed that school was to teach me how to get a job in the business world.

The easiest way to change a society is to change the education of the population. I would recommend every parent reading this to read some of the textbooks their children have brought home for homework and/or ask them if their teachers say anything about “this math is for your future in business” or something to that.

This is why I said bureaucrats should not be allowed to manage education. They can implement any sinister agenda they want and alter the minds of children to create a future of their liking through simple mind manipulation. Another hot issue in school was “how globalized a world we are” and “how important the United Nations is” also “the environment is very important and humans are destroying it”.

Our future is not safe in the hands of these federal bureaucrats who only have one motivation: money.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am not long out of the education system and so I can appreciate what your saying. Business studies has become a hugely important subject in schools these days and even while at university, studying Media, I found that a huge part of my course was business related. One whole section was simply dedicated to entrepreneurial skills!

It's like most things in society though - we have placed too much trust in them with regards to children's education. Parent dare not question what their child is being taught, after all, what do they know?

I wonder what kind of education those who attend expensive private schools get compared to what children who go to public schools get?

Lesson One: Fooling the Masses.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have two words for you.... HOME SCHOOL

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I have two words for you.... HOME SCHOOL

Well, it's easier said than done, isn't it? Especially in these harsh financial times, it would be hard for parents to home school and provide the relevant income they would need.

If only it was that easy.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I forgot to include the following:

Iserbyt served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration, where she first blew the whistle on a major technology initiative which would control curriculum in America's classrooms. Iserbyt is a former school board director in Camden, Maine and was co-founder and research analyst of Guardians of Education for Maine (GEM) from 1978 to 2000. She has also served in the American Red Cross on Guam and Japan during the Korean War, and in the United States Foreign Service in Belgium and in the Republic of South Africa. Iserbyt is a speaker and writer, best known for her 1985 booklet Back to Basics Reform or OBE: Skinnerian International Curriculum and her 1989 pamphlet Soviets in the Classroom: America's Latest Education Fad which covered the details of the U.S.-Soviet and Carnegie-Soviet Education Agreements which remain in effect to this day. She is a freelance writer and has had articles published in Human Events, The Washington Times, The Bangor Daily News, and included in the record of Congressional hearings.

source

Deliberate Dumbing Down of America (pdf)

Another good interview with Charlotte Iserbyt here

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Alex also talks with whistleblower Charlotte Iserbyt who served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration. Iserbyt is the author of The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America, a chronological history of the past 100+ years of education reform. The book argues that the academic meltdown in our public education system is intentional.

Part 2
Part 3

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I would like to add this nugget.

Do you know where sustainability (Agenda 21) came from??? Do you know WHO wrote it???

I do.
For me the trail started with a Climategate e-mail

Ged Davis' IPCC-SRES Zero Order Draft on storylines and scenarios
Ged Davis et al

For Comment Only
Draft Paper for the IPCC Special Report on Emissions Scenarios

Contents

1. Introduction

2. Scenarios - overview

3. Golden Economic Age (A1)

4. Sustainable Development (B1)

5. Divided World (A2)

6. Regional Stewardship (B2)

7. Scenario comparisons

8. Conclusions

Appendix 1: Scenario quantification....

4. Sustainable Development (B1)

The central elements of this scenario family include high levels of
environmental and social consciousness, successful governance including
major social innovation, and reductions in income and social inequality.
Successful forms of governance allow many problems which are currently hard
or difficult to resolve to fall within the competency of government and
other organisations. Solutions reflect a wide stakeholder dialogue leading
to consent on international environmental and social agreements. This is
coupled with bottom-up solutions to problems, which reflect wide success in
getting broad-based support within communities.
The concerns over global sustainable development, expressed in a myriad of
environmental and social issues, results in the eventual successful
management of the interaction between human activities and the biosphere.
While no explicit climate policy is undertaken, other kinds of initiatives
lead to lower energy use, and clean energy systems, which significantly
reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Besides cleaning up air quality, there is
emphasis on improving the availability and quality of water.....

www.eastangliaemails.com...

Here is more on the (B1) scenario IPCC Emissions Scenarios

A key question is Who the heck is Ged Davis who write these scenarios for the UN???
Ged Davis is a 30 year Shell Oil executive with IPCC connections.

Here is the context and history:

In Maurice Strong's 1972 First Earth Summit speech, Strong warned urgently about global warming

Obama's Chief Science Adviser is John Holden.' In their 1973 book “Human Ecology: Problems and Solutions,” Holdren and co-authors Paul and Anne Ehrlich wrote:

“A massive campaign [read global warming] must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States. De-development means bringing our economic system (especially patterns of consumption) into line with the realities of ecology and the global resource situation. Resources and energy must be diverted from frivolous and wasteful uses in overdeveloped countries to filling the genuine needs of underdeveloped countries."

“The need for de-development presents our economists with a major challenge,” they wrote. “They must design a stable, low-consumption economy in which there is a much more equitable distribution of wealth than the present one. Redistribution of wealth both within and among nations is absolutely essential, if a decent life is to be provided for every human being.”"

The de-development plan is UN Division for Sustainable Development - full text of Agenda 21

UN REFORM - Restructuring for Global Governance

Our Global Neighborhood - Report of the Commission on Global Governance: a summary analysis>

a lot of research and links about Agenda 21 in the USA

tUS EU sign law harmonization agreement

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Great post

I'm aware of a lot of the information you provided but not the Ged Davis stuff, that I'll have to look into further. And I'll be sure to check out all of the links you provided.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Very interesting thread, LF8. Lots of resources offered by you and other posters, I look forward to digging into the depths of this thread, however scary the truth may be.

This video might be relevant to the topic at hand. It's part of a documentary called "Human Resources", which I totally recommend watching.

I want to look up more about that guy Alfie Kohn at the end of this clip. He seems to know what he's talking about and I think his 'philosophy' might be helpful for me in the process of homeschooling my kids. Speaking of which, anyone who's interested in homeschooling might want to check out "TJ Ed" (Thomas Jefferson Education).

7 Keys of Great Teaching

There are seven principles of successful education. When they are applied, learning occurs for any learning style or interests. When they are ignored or rejected, the quantity and quality of education decreases.

Classics, Not Textbooks
Mentors, Not Professors
Inspire, Not Require
Structure Time, Not Content
Simplicity, Not Complexity
Quality, Not Conformity
You, Not Them

Source

Thanks for all the info, folks. After a conversation with my cousin (who is in college) and her son (who is a senior in highschool) at a recent holiday gathering, I have a bit more hope in people becoming 'awake' to the folly and corruption of education. It's so nice when you take a leap of faith and mention something 'crazy' to 'normal' people, and they agree and elaborate! This is reaching the masses!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Hi, you contributed so much to my thread (Thank you) I would like to add a video to yours. It is a bit old but, I haven't yet found another that reveals the profiling data being done.. You aren't permitted to see your profile or your child's profile because it is only for those authorized.

top topics

join