It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists attach barcodes to mouse embryos — human ones coming soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Scientists attach barcodes to mouse embryos — human ones coming soon

www.gizmag.com

Scientists from Spain’s Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), along with colleagues from the Spanish National Research Council, have successfully developed an identification system in which mouse embryos and oocytes (egg cells) are physically tagged with microscopic silicon bar code labels. They expect to try it out on human embryos and oocytes soon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
More from the news.

The purpose of the system is to streamline in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer procedures.

There were some problems with embryos being able to free themselves from the labels when they shed the zona pellucida. The scientists are therefore now looking at modifying the surface of the labels, so they could be mounted on the outside of the covering, instead of being injected into the perivitelline space.

It could be nothing, but you're better be vigilant.

www.gizmag.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I personally do not think they need microchips, we already have our own fingerprint.

I do not think they need chips, and i am not sure on this story, but who knows.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I guess if it comes to it, soon they'll be able to tag the sheep before they're born

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!!
lol jk but that could always be a very small possibility

thats #ed up though...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
S+F

Unreal.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
double post by mistake.
edit on 26-11-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Eh.. this isn't really a big deal. If they did it to humans it would probably just amount to people getting their social security number 9 months earlier.
edit on 26-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They could be able to lock on to our barcode with a satellite and follow our every move. They are already able to lock on to us by our unique heat signitures, you really should be wearing that tinfoil hat and/or spaceglasses.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
there is some more info on it here... I was actually going to make a thread but you beat me to it

www.datelinezero.com...

it talks a little bit more about the possibility's with humans as well

Already, the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Health has granted enthusiastic permission for the technique to be developed using human eggs and embryos from fertility clinics in Spain. The research, published in the journal Human Reproduction, may go some way to avoiding mix ups at fertility clinics.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They are already able to lock on to us by our unique heat signitures,

Source? Humans don't have "unique heat signatures", by the way.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

What the poster probably means is that we all have our own frequency.

Personally i have always said they can get your brain freq from mobile phones.

With that they need no chips period.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

What the poster probably means is that we all have our own frequency.

I've not been able to find any research that suggests this is true, either.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I was just messing around there is no truth in the statement, except the tinfoil hat. They really do work! Just not in sunlight, the metal foil gets rather hot and well, singes the scalp.

Sorry for the playful inconvenience.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

No worries =) thanks for the clarification. Just didn't want something like that to be taken too seriously or out of context.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This could definitely be abused, but I don't think there is a conspiracy... yet.

The article says:

The embryo exits the zona pellucida before entering the uterus, so the bar code would be shed at that point.

So at least this version is designed to get rid of the barcode long before birth even. However, that isn't to say someone might design a more permanent one.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

In order to do anything to the embryo and fetus, you would have to perform a very invasive procedure on the mother, involving either vaginal or surgical access. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she would notice if you were "barcoding" the baby in any way.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

That's a fair point :p When I read the article, I got the impression that this was for fertility treatments and that sort of thing, where they implant eggs into the woman, and thus she would presumably be consenting to the procedure. (though possibly have no idea about the barcodes)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I suppose they could do it before performing an IVF procedure, but still...such a tiny number of women use fertilization procedures, it doesn't seem like a very effective means of "barcoding" people.

new topics

top topics

join