It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Turn Off The Welcome Back Popup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've been getting a pop up every time I sign into ATS telling me how many posts there have been since my last visit. I can't seem to fine a way to turn that off so I don't have to manually close it every single time I sign into ATS. Who thought of that idea anyhow... I mean, do we really need that?

Can someone PLEASE help me out here? Most appreciated if someone knows what to do.
edit on 26-11-2010 by jupiter869 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

Just be glad they don't pop this up on you every time:

Takes two seconds to close it out, none the less, although I can see how making it optional would be appealing to some. Like a "show this next time" tick mark option (or the like).

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be great? It's enough that we have so much pushed in our face every day. Now ATS does it too. Bad form, ATS.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

There's already a thread on this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

64 Flags and no one seems to like the feature, yet ATS won't turn it off, or allow us to unselect it. Did you notice that the "Welcome back" information is incorrect? I bet yours says that 9 of your friends have created new threads...I get that message every time and I don't have 9 friends.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I just sent a message through the suggestion / complaint form yesterday on this matter. I'm sure some members may like the pop up, but it would sure be nice to make it optional. Lets hope ATS can work on this and come up with a resolution that works for everyone.....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for your support on this.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Yep, mine always says nine of my friends made threads. When you click it, it merely takes you to your friends threads page, which I could do myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't even READ the welcome back information. It's useless and just another annoying pop up.

new topics

top topics

join