It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Electric Top Supporter of Obama's Cap and Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Cap and Trade. The money making scheme that’s bad for America and that’s being forced onto Americans. The Obama administration is using ‘man made global warming’ (the ‘proof’ of which has been proven a hoax) as an excuse to push this through.

If you are one of the dozen or so people in this country that still buy into Cap and Trade, then by all means, support General Electric by purchasing their products. As for the rest of us, perhaps we should make our displeasure clear to the company.

Freedomworks – rallies against GE support of Cap and Trade

GE is the leading supporter of the United States Climate Action Partnership, an effort to support federal legislation to create a cap and trade system in the United States.
European countries have experimented with a cap and trade system for the last two years. As a result, German electricity rates have already soared by 25 percent, while some European manufacturing has migrated overseas to cap-free nations. Despite these economic costs, there is no evidence that cap and trade controls will actually benefit the environment, since they do not restrict the fastest growing sources of emissions in China and India. Indeed, as Europe is already experiencing, U.S. cap and trade would simply encourage production to move to those nations

GE to make billions from Obama Cap and Trade Scheme

Under the Obama plan, the “cap and trade” credits will be issued to all producers of energy. GE is the largest manufacturer of wind turbines as well as other electical generation turbines used in coal, gas, atomic, and hydroelectic electricity generation facilities. With the Obama plan, those cap and trade credits would be issued by the Federal Government, and ultimately, traded just like any stock or bond.

CNSnews … Info on NBC (obama shills) being a subsidiary of G.E.

Note … INTENSIVE LOBBYING …
Reuters – lobbiests for Obama’s Cap and Trade

But intensive lobbying by these climate bill proponents -- including heavyweights like Duke Energy, Shell Oil Co and General Electric Co -- may not be enough to counter powerful opposition and get a bill passed before the U.S. mid-term elections in November

National Center for Public Policy Research

Obamagate – the tangled web of Obama GE Cap and Trade

What is perfectly clear is that Americans will definitely be paying more for pretty much anything they purchase if the Cap & Trade program is put into place. What has been unclear is GE’s role in the Cap & Trade policies and how they stand to make billions

Washington Examiner – Obama’s hidden bailout of GE

Labeled “climate revenues” and totaling $646 billion over eight years, this line item in Obama’s budget has inspired confidence in GE Chief Executive Officer Jeff Immelt. As Immelt put it in a letter this week, he believes that the Obama administration will be a profitable “financier” and “key partner.”

A tax on greenhouse gas emissions could accomplish this, but Obama’s preferred policy — and the approach embraced by a few congressional bills in recent years — is called “cap and trade.” In short, cap and trade requires businesses to spend “credits” to pay for their emissions. Businesses can buy or sell these credits, and the market — not the government — would directly set the price of a credit. Government would initially auction them off, generating revenue.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Greeting,

QUOTE: As Immelt put it in a letter this week, he believes that the Obama administration will be a profitable “financier” and “key partner.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this fascism? We have to stop this before it becomes rich vs peons.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

if you are going to do something about it, let me know.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
Greeting,

QUOTE: As Immelt put it in a letter this week, he believes that the Obama administration will be a profitable “financier” and “key partner.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this fascism? We have to stop this before it becomes rich vs peons.

I have a solution. It requires that many on this planet are aware of it for it to work. Please read my work entitled The Abundance Paradigm (in the media section of ATS), as well as the book I coauthored offered free here linked in my sig.

If we get many of us on this page, we can build a beautiful tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The company stands to make BILLIONS off of the production of useless wind turbines. All coming directly out of public subsidies. This is the big wind industry in action. No less dubious than big oil. The money to be made is phenomenal.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
al " CIA duh, occidental petroleum" gore was using a carbon credit trading scheme designed by
ENRON and ken lay
eeeeps

As far as buddy "give up and die" up the thread there:
There is word that the Max Kaiser plan for everyone to buy some PHYSICAL silver
" everybody buy one coin"
is severly messing with the major fascist trading banks
because they have sold silver paper
@ up to 100 times the physical possesion, and they can't deliver.
Ps as they crash the coins bought will appreciate...
also there are class action suits that any silver investor can sign onto
because of the proof of silver manipulation at places like jp morgan etc.

so, simple things one might over look if one has a defeatest attitude.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm amazed that that nitwit 'Algore' is still considered a player in the global warming debate. When I heard him years ago talking about carbon credits I realized what a hoax they were trying to pull on us. Figured every one else saw it too. Well guess what? They already passed the horse# bill in the house! Why wont somebody publish what's actually called for under this 'energy law'. How they are legislating monopolies and gouging the little guy, all with ginned up science. Cap and Trade is The biggest swindling of the middle class ever.

top topics

join