It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox New Calls For National ID Card

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

My life is monitored 24/7 in uk, london. So i should know how the gov of uk uses totally innocent things to ruin people.

With the id card will come a database, that probably exists on all people in usa.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
What exactly is wrong with citizen ID cards? Citizen IDs are common all over the world, we have had them for over 60 years now, and there are no issues with it. How can they even be abused?
Without an easy way to quickly identify a citizen from non-citizen, every immigration policy will fail, so its especially needed in countries which suffer from widespread illegal immigration.

Majority of countries have them, even compulsory:
List of national identity card policies by country
edit on 26/11/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

"Countries with non-compulsory identity cards
Canada: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) issues the Canada Permanent Resident Card to permanent residents of Canada. A Citizenship Certificate can be given to any citizen that choose to apply, but is automatically issued to naturalized Canadian citizens."

I had always thought that our Social Insurance Number (SIN) was our only card. Which is like a national ID card with no chipping or picture. We've had it for decades. It isn't compulsory, but we can't work without it. Or get healthcare, banking, etc. We've never had any problems with it.

I guess our immigrants get the CIC instead. Maybe also. I think they would need the SIN also, for work, and taxes.

Our SIN covers employment, taxes, healthcare, getting other forms of ID, drivers licenses, credit cards, banking...........proving we are legal citizens for it all.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by 46ACE

My life is like what you describe already in london. I have had no privacy for 18.5 years. I would assume peopel in usa also have this doen to them.

Its already over, and one day it will be us all, but who knows how far it has gone already?

Unlike the UK (infact inpart because of England), the people of America have a constitution to protect them from their government. Now Im not saying the UK is bad or that I have anything against the English people, but the case here is that we are supposed to be a free people and our rights are being stripped from us (literally in the case of the TSA) in the name of safety and security. The problem with this of course is that The United States was established on the belief that its better to be FREE than to be safe. What the American people dont understand is that freedom doesnt come freeley and that in most cases, throughout history, a nations people had to fight tooth and nail to remain free. Nazi Germany is the result of the attitutde you are expressing in this thread.

The problem is people simply do not learn. The United States today is a shining example of that. This country used to be number one in EVERYTHING! From education to manufacturing to technology we were number one. Go look where the USA stands in education right now and compare it to 10 years ago. Then compare that to 10 years prior. You will see the gradual decrease. Look at cities like Detroit and what they were and what they've become.

Now we can go into declassified documents showing how the US government stages attacks of "terror" to meet their political goals and to do so we need to look no further than Vietnam and the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Do you have any idea how many lives were lost in that war?

but instead may have involved the "Tonkin Ghosts",[6] and no actual NVN Torpedo Boat attacks

en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Northwoods which was a PLANNED FALSE FLAG operation...

Operation Northwoods, or Northwoods, was a false-flag operation plan that originated within the United States government in 1962. The plan called for Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) or other operatives to commit genuine acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere

en.wikipedia.org...

And after reading that you want me to believe building 7 fell into its own footprint by fire alone? You want me to believe that Im being put through cancer indusing radation boxes and/or being sexually assaulted by braindead TSA workers in The United States of America to save us from CIA boogeymen in caves halfway around the world?!

Here this explain how the CIA helped these boogeymen in pajamas by not only training them but funding them aswell: en.wikipedia.org...

The people in this Nation need to wake up, do their research, and come to their own conclusion instead of being lead by corporate media telling them what they want you to hear. Ask any living Nazi soldier why he faught and they'll tell you they were told the same thing the US was telling their people. Infact, dont take my word on that..
www.youtube.com...

Im rambling at this point, but the attitude you express of just "lets give up" is a road that leads only back to Nazi Germany. Like you said this isnt just a problem in the USA. The people around the world and especially in the UK need to have a sense of hope and laying down and giving up isnt the answer.

QFT!!!
Your post is exactly what I want to say in this discussion and what Ive been hollering for a long time.
Thank you so much for expressing this!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Maslo

With the id card will come a database, that probably exists on all people in usa.

How can it "exist now" and "come with the ID card" at the same time?

Database of all citizens must exist somewhere, otherwise state would not know who is and who is not a citizen, it surely exists in the US too, but checking it takes time if you are a cop on the street.. (but not if you are a tptb, so ID card wont benefit tptbs, but regular cops).

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
fox news is the biggest load of garbage I have seen on cable in Australia. Not only do you not get decent news, you have to watch all the other BS that has nothing to do with news at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
fox news is the biggest load of garbage I have seen on cable in Australia. Not only do you not get decent news, you have to watch all the other BS that has nothing to do with news at all.

Lol. I remember a few weeks ago (or maybe just a week? Idk) they had judge Andrew Napolitano on there talking about the TSA. As soon as he started making some valid points they cut him off and cut to a police chase in ...Miami? Interestingly enough this "police chase" didnt involve police chasing anyone... just a speeding car which pulled into an apartment complex and the guy got out and walked away. Even if it was a real police chase, which based on what I saw it wasnt, why would national media cut to a Miami police chase in the first place? "We have breaking news from Miami"?!

The only reason I watch Fox News is literally for entertainment. I like being able to argue back at the tv with my morning coffee.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
double post
edit on 26-11-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I never got why people are outraged about national ID cards. I've had a Swiss one since I was born, and it allows me to fly all around Europe. Can't really think about any negative consequences of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
What exactly is wrong with citizen ID cards? Citizen IDs are common all over the world, we have had them for over 60 years now, and there are no issues with it. How can they even be abused?
Without an easy way to quickly identify a citizen from non-citizen, every immigration policy will fail, so its especially needed in countries which suffer from widespread illegal immigration.

Majority of countries have them, even compulsory:
List of national identity card policies by country
edit on 26/11/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

We haven't had massively powerful computer sytems for 60 years.

Please go through and read the thread. Consider it ridiculous if you will but; but to have a universal id card accessible to all govt agencies there needsto be a system underneath it with files on every holder. Goobermint programs always expand in scope.( the social security card was NEVER to be used for any kind of identification purposes. now its required to get a job)

Once you have funded; constructed; and staffed this infrastructure .the files will need to be filled.( govt abhors a vacuum). for "security purposes" I imagine soon all gun/ammunition purchases , foreign travel (interstate travel?) and since we are soon to have scanners and security checkpoints outside sports arenas ; bus depots; malls; ( grocery stores?); it opens it self up to be a nice leash for control:

.I.E. HMMM I could go down to the tax protest in the square tonight but the ; govt might take a dim view of people who do and turn off my i.d. #.no job; no food ; no travel;( "non-personhood"),. Its the worst of Orwells 1984 all wrapped up in one nice shiny; un-threatening officially stamped plastic card.

I think I'll just stay home from the protest event and watch: the"Friday night rehabilitations."on the box ( poor bloke)...
Don't you see??
edit on 27-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join