It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

149 alleged al Qaeda members arrested in Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'd love to see articles like this every day.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

149 alleged al Qaeda members arrested in Saudi Arabia
Security forces in Saudi Arabia have arrested 149 people alleged to be members of al Qaeda, the Saudi Interior Ministry said on Friday.

The arrests occurred over an eight-month period, and the people seized were dispersed among 19 active terrorist cells.

Saudi state-run TV reports said of the 149 people, 124 were Saudis nationals.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sounds like they arrested 80% of Al-Qaeda. It's about time someone connected the dots to Saudi Arabia, but does anyone else think it's odd? I mean seeing as lots of people kind of suspected the Saudis were behind some stuff?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Were any of the Bush clan or Bryzynzkis caught in the sweep, or was it just their employees?

Reminds me of Bush saying he'ed torture again, after thowing the people who followed his order into jail.
just sayin...you never know who the arrested are really

Ps. of course the Saudis would be happy the competitors' oil in Iraq is now in the big happy family (BP), so it isn't like there is no obvious motive for the saudis to help there allies the US set it all up.
though I wonder that there are so many of the alleged hijackers are still alive and has nothing to do with it..oviously they are still alive ...

what country is is always getting caught using other countries pass ports again?
edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
well here is a report confirming the cnn blog

www.businessweek.com...

but please note, this is NOT the 1st time this yr
there has been multiple arrests.

101 were arrested in March 2010
news.bbc.co.uk...

and it appears that Al-CIAda is targeting
the Saudi Royal family for it's ties to
the US per this article.

www.cfr.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Dear Peter,
Nice story. Interesting that there are so many Saudi nationals involved in terrorism isn't it? And that the US taxpayer funds end up in Saudi Arabia quite often, that the US funds both their and Israel's military expansion (which are direct polar opposites) and that Osama was/is a Saudi as were 9/11 terrorists (supposedly).

I wonder when the people will start to connect the dots =)

Regards,
T

edit on 26-11-2010 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

You make a very good point, Peter. There is a very real problem within Saudi Arabia. Saudis are Salafis, and it is from among the Salafis that al Qaeda and all the Sunni terrorists come from.

There is a great new educational resource on the Web now that shines a light on these topics.

It's www.intrepidgrouptutorials.com, and it has a free blog with a lot of good videos and reports, and it has a pay subscription area too,where you have to pay, but you get video tutorials about the global jihad movement.

I hope this helps...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

The cables released today suggested that a majority of al qeada financiers were from Saudi Arabia.

top topics

join