It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Pole Shift = Memory Wipe!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
S&F Great thread. I have studied this kind of thing for a very long time and this thread has given me information that I have not yet seen. I commend the OP for being brave enough to speculate on socially unpopular ideas at the risk of being ridiculed by people who cheered at the burning of Galileo in a past life.
The health of astronauts being affect by a change in the EMF as they go into space is clearly a valid point and NASA has clearly taken measures to keep astronauts in a healthy magnetic filed. I would point out that these astronauts went farther away from Earth and thus experienced a reduction in the EMF of Earth. However if Earths EMF dropped to zero for a time, the effect it has on us may be much more sever then what the astronauts experienced. And to continue my unproven sinful and heretical speculation; what if this is the reason that past civilizations have lost their knowledge. What if a pole shift like this was recorded as the act of God that confused the language of the builders of the Tower Of Babel?
Now for those who hate speculation of any sort that does not fit your belief system, read no further. Only pain and suffer await you in the words ahead!
Any conductive material that moves through a static magnetic filed generates electrical current so as our bodies move around in Earth's magnetic filed we defiantly create small electrical currents in our bodies. In the presence of non-static EMFs we do not need to move around because the currents are induced by the changes in the magnetic field.
The Schumann resonances is somewhat complicated. Basically we live in the dielectric portion of a huge capacitor made up of the earth as one conductor and the ionosphere as another. As this capacitor resonates from discharges and recharges from lighting, electrically charged solar wind (plamsa) and other weather phenomena we get the Schumann resonances. Simulating this to create an artificial electrical field resonance might not be so difficult. An electrostatic motor (first invented by Benjamin Franklin) might do the trick. The motor work by alternating the charge on the surfaces of the rotor. If you made the motor to run at the right speed, the frequency could approximate that of the Earth's.

Another simple way to do this is with a Wimshurst Machine

If you turned the machine so it discharged at the desired frequency this could also emulate the Schumann resonance.

As for a Faraday Cage, it is basically any enclosure made of a conducting material; your car for example. It has the effect of neutralizing all high voltage electrical charges withing it assuming there is a conducting path for the charge to reach the outside of the cage. This occurs because whatever charge predominates repels itself to the outermost surface of the cage. Low voltage electrical circuits are not really affected. It has no effect on a static magnetic fields and a limited protection from EMPs.
edit on 29-11-2010 by RedPill because: fix embeded videos

edit on 29-11-2010 by RedPill because: think its working this time

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

Pure fantasy:

The health of astronauts being affect by a change in the EMF as they go into space is clearly a valid point and NASA has clearly taken measures to keep astronauts in a healthy magnetic filed. I would point out that these astronauts went farther away from Earth and thus experienced a reduction in the EMF of Earth.

The proof? Actual evidence of such claims. Otherwise, just your words, and they're only worth the electrons used to display them.

Rest of the post? Pseudo-junk. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Actually, you should watch the Video, as the OP rightly suggests.

I've seen it. I agree with your summation of the content, but neither the video nor anything else posted by rajaten provides evidence for the claim that "...astronauts wear personal electromagnetic pulse machines on their body to mimic the natural magnetic field found on earth to ensure they dont go insane and forget who they are."

-----

Originally posted by RedPill
The health of astronauts being affect by a change in the EMF as they go into space is clearly a valid point...

How? According to whom? Even if being absent Earth's geomagnetic field can affect astronauts, where is the evidence that this can cause one to "[lose] his mind," as claimed in the OP?

...and NASA has clearly taken measures to keep astronauts in a healthy magnetic filed.

Like what? According to whom?

Did you or anyone even bother to compare local electromagnetic field strength (say, in a spacecraft) to that experienced on earth (say, in an average home in North America)? After all, our planet's EMF is not constant; its strength can significantly vary depending on your location. For example, one might experience 0.6 gauss in the northern latitudes but only 0.3 gauss near the equator.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

The idea is that WHEN the pole shift happens, there will be an absence of the magnetic field.

You read my comment wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

First of all: There is no scientific evidence suggesting the magnetic field would disappear as poles shift! Only speculation mostly started by pseudo-scientists.

Secondly...

It is now established that true polar wander has occurred at various times in the past, but at rates of 1° per million years or less.

Link

EVERYONE PANIC!!

Also, for those who care about the real science and effects of pole reversals...watch:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yeah, that's totally incorrect about the poles moving 1 degree every million years.

True north has been shifting towards Russia and accelerating it's march in recent times.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

The idea is that WHEN the pole shift happens, there will be an absence of the magnetic field.

Well in order for a pole shift to occur, there must be a magnetic field around which is becoming destabilized and shifting.

I think it may be more accurate to say that when the next pole shift occurs, the magnetic fields we're used to experiencing will violently fluctuate, and this may in fact cause some of the things which you describe.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

There is NO evidence that would support a "mind wipe" initiated by pole shifts...so I'm wondering, what's your evidence that anything the OP said could happen?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

She talked about more than just a memory wipe. I don't think that would happen, but possibly becoming fatigued, confused, perhaps apathetic ... sure I can see that as a possibility. That is IF these magnetic fluctuations were violent and rapid enough, so as not to allow our bodies to properly adapt.

As for evidence? I don't have any. Go through the thread. Somewhere in the middle of it rajaten links to some information regarding magenite (sp) being within the human body. It seems intuitively possible, and perhaps even probable, that our body would be affected to some degree.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Like what was said before, stay in your heart not your mind and you will make it through it. Thats how they were able to tell us of the coming events in their pictures, and writings they left behind. And by the way were is the mod, Bushwhacker seems to be getting carried away in the rudeness department. No need to be malicious, just saying!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Well in order for a pole shift to occur, there must be a magnetic field around which is becoming destabilized and shifting.

I think it may be more accurate to say that when the next pole shift occurs, the magnetic fields we're used to experiencing will violently fluctuate, and this may in fact cause some of the things which you describe.

Yeah it could affect us in many ways, maybe not a complete mind wipe but more of an extreme disorientation and confusion basically disabling a person. I remember hearing about some experiment where they put a guy seated inside a large faraday cage that blocked out nearly all natural energies. After a few minutes the guy got really scared and experienced an overwhelming sense of dread.

It just makes sense that if we are disconnected from our natural state, we would feel very odd.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I remember hearing about some experiment where they put a guy seated inside a large faraday cage that blocked out nearly all natural energies. After a few minutes the guy got really scared and experienced an overwhelming sense of dread.

It just makes sense that if we are disconnected from our natural state, we would feel very odd.

PLEASE do some research before making random statements only backed up by "I remember hearing about..".

A Faraday cage has NO negative impacts on humans. In fact, it's what people working in high-voltage areas use EVERY DAY!

I applaud your curiosity, but if you wanna talk science, you need to do your research.

Here's an entire study on the health effects of magnetic fields on humans...result: NO MEASURABLE EFFECT TO HEALTH!
LINK

edit on 29-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Wait what? You can't be serious... are you?! You don't think that EMF carry radiation, cause cancer, and probably even a whole lot more?!

That's so incredibly unintuitive of you. Sorry, but I had to say it. There's a ton of evidence that EMF causes a wide range of disruptions to the human body. If you truly would like, I'll dig some of it up, but it's not that hard to find.

Going through the source you provided, it clearly states otherwise. Please update your post to reflect this fact. Thanks!
edit on 29-11-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Seems like you may be confusing something you "heard" about with another concept ----- "sensory deprivation".

Also known as "Immersion Tanks". Or, "Isolation Tanks." Actually, it was quite a fad (maybe still is???)

Wiki article: en.wikipedia.org...

Actually, seems there are still some fans of the process....for meditation, relaxation, whatever(?):

www.floatation.com...

(...wonder if they can fit two, or more, at a time? Well, guess that would not qualify as 'sensory deprivation', then....LOL!)

Oh, reminds me of perhaps the funniest British TV export since Monty Python!!

"Absolutely Fabulous"!!! One of THE best, ever....here, the "ISO Tank" episode, first ten minutes:

Two snaps
!!

You can see more, of course....just click your heels together three times, and follow the yellow br....Ooops, wrong show. Just follow the link.....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Wait what? You can't be serious... are you?! You don't think that EMF carry radiation, cause cancer, and probably even a whole lot more?!

That's so incredibly unintuitive of you. Sorry, but I had to say it. There's a ton of evidence that EMF causes a wide range of disruptions to the human body. If you truly would like, I'll dig some of it up, but it's not that hard to find.

Going through the source you provided, it clearly states otherwise. Please update your post to reflect this fact. Thanks!

The study by the European Commission for Consumer Protection clearly states there are no noticeable effects...at least none that would clearly show a causality between EM fields and health issues. You clearly haven't bothered reading it

Here's the summary of the WHO study that confirms their findings:

"The Task Group concluded that there are no substantive health issues related to ELF electric fields at levels generally encountered by members of the public.... [O]n balance, the evidence [about magnetic fields being] related to childhood leukaemia is not strong enough to be considered causal.... A number of other adverse health effects have been studied for possible association with ELF magnetic field exposure. These include other childhood cancers, cancers in adults, depression, suicide, cardiovascular disorders, reproductive dysfunction, developmental disorders, immunological modifications, neurobehavioural effects and neurodegenerative disease. The WHO Task Group concluded that scientific evidence supporting an association between ELF magnetic field exposure and all of these health effects is much weaker than for childhood leukaemia. In some instances (i.e. for cardiovascular disease or breast cancer) the evidence suggests that these fields do not cause them."

Now, of course you can modify EM fields to harm people...you can electrocute them, or create sparks that could potentially light a fire. Most EM generators also generate a lot of heat, also not good.

But we have NO evidence that a pole shift would result in the same effects.

I think it's laughable that you criticize something without backing it up with researched information

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
A. There is no coming pole shift and if it did happen it would take 1000 plus years....

B. OR has it happen you guys were right all along we just don't know it or remember it

Take the test you schmucks and don't fail.

and how would you know??
just asking..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your absolute stance reeks of intellectual dishonesty.

I'll edit this post in a bit to provide some references.

From page 15:

In contrast, a Swedish group not participating in the Interphone-study, conducting several case- control studies using self-administered questionnaires for exposure assessment, has repeatedly observed increased relative risk estimates for brain tumours and is the only group that observed such an increase already after few years of use of a mobile phone

From page 21:

Genotoxic effects The photon energy of radiation from mobile phones is much lower than the energy necessary to break chemical bonds. It is therefore generally accepted that RF fields do not directly damage DNA. However, it is possible that certain cellular constituents altered by exposure to EMF, such as free radicals, indirectly affect DNA. In most studies, the genotoxic effects have been investigated after short-term exposure (for review see Moulder et al. 1999, Vijayalaxmi and Obe 2004). The REFLEX study performed by twelve research groups in seven European countries, investigated basic mechanisms induced by EMF using toxicological and molecular biological technologies at cellular and sub-cellular levels in vitro. The REFLEX investigators (Diem et al. 2005) reported DNA strand breaks (measured by both the neutral and alkaline versions of the “comet” assay) in human diploid fibroblasts and cultured rat granulosa cells after RF field exposure (1800 MHz; SAR 1.2 or 2 W/kg; different modulations; during 4, 16 and 24h; intermittent 5 min on/10 min off or continuous wave). Statistically significant increases in micronucleus formation and in chromosomal aberrations were observed in fibroblasts as well. Nicolova et al. (2005) reported after a 6-h but not after a 48-h RF field exposure a low and transient increase of DNA strand breaks in embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitor cells.

From pages 23,24:

A variety of non-specific symptoms (for example neurovegetative symptoms like headache, fatigue, dizziness and concentration difficulties) has been suggested to be triggered by exposure to RF fields. These possible health effects have been discussed and studied mainly from two different aspects: 1) a possible increase in symptoms in populations living close to mobile communication base stations and 2) reports from individuals that exposure to RF from mobile phones (and sometimes also base stations) triggers symptoms. In the latter case, some individuals attribute their health problems to an increased sensitivity (hypersensitivity) to electromagnetic fields. The term “electromagnetic hypersensitivity” (EHS) has been used to describe such cases of non-specific health problems attributed by the afflicted individuals to electromagnetic fields or to being in the vicinity of electrical equipment (see also the section on ELF fields 3.5.3 Symptoms). There have only been a few attempts to study symptom prevalence and symptom severity in relation to exposure to RF fields from base stations. The methodological limitations of these cross-sectional epidemiological studies, which were used for this, preclude conclusions regarding a possible relationship between an increase in symptoms and exposure to RF. A relationship between RF and symptoms in healthy volunteers was investigated in one provocation study (Koivisto et al. 2001). No increase in symptoms was observed during RF exposure as compared to sham exposure. The limited number of studies on detection of RF at exposure levels relevant to mobile communication systems under blind conditions has not provided any consistent proof of ability to detect the fields, neither in healthy individuals nor in subjects who report EHS. Health complaints described as EHS and reported to be triggered by mobile phones have also been studied in a limited number of provocation studies. A WHO Workshop on Electrical Hypersensitivity (WHO 2005) and recent reviews of the literature on subjective health complaints associated with electromagnetic fields of mobile phone communication (Seitz et al. 2005) and provocation studies including subjects reporting EHS (Rubin et al. 2005) have presented similar conclusions. The main conclusion is that although symptoms described as EHS Possible effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) on Human Health are real and may be severe and disabling, a relationship between symptoms and RF field exposure has not been proven. Most likely, the health problems described as EHS are not related to the physical presence of EMF and more research is needed to learn more about the conditions inducing EHS.

Did you see what they concluded. Can you see how bizarre this conclusion is! There's a ton of bias in this report. It's pretty obvious! I think this organization has been morally compromised.

Looking outside of this report, there's a ton of evidence to suggest that EMR causes a wide variety of illnesses. I'll be sure to update with some other sources in a bit.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Your absolute stance reeks of intellectual dishonesty.

I'll edit this post in a bit to provide some references.

Can't wait

Not holding my breath though, so far you only came here to make random statements without ever backing them up. While you're add it, care to prove any of the points the OP made? Just one?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually, on a serious note:

... There's a ton of evidence that EMF causes a wide range of disruptions to the human body...

Nope. Old "news". Started (that particular "fear mongering", even before 'conspiracy theories' were so trendy) back in the mid-1980s. Been refuted ever since.

The claim got a bit of traction, early days of the Internet....but since has been overtaken by MANY, many more (and equally frivolous) claims, and pseudo-science assertions. (I guess 'claim' and 'assertion' are synonyms....well....need a better Thesaurus. Hmmmph. Depends on the "distance" in the alphabet, maybe? Also, whether used as a noun or verb....).

I used it as a noun, so sticking with that as a basis. It has been shown to be not true. Over and over again.

Problem is, as people sit IN FRONT OF THEIR COMPUTERS, and "blog" about the 'dangers' of EMF....and, don't forget....before we had LCD or Plasma monitors....they were CRTs. The SAME as your "color TV", that Grandpa, (or Dad or Mom or Grandma) said, "Don't sit too close, 'cuz you'll get radiation!!

(Hint: HOW close were you to your CRT monitor, before (or IF) you 'upgraded' to an LCD screen??)

Concerns about the dangers of living close to high-tension wires or of frequent use of cell phones have been hot topics for the past decade. Unfortunately, one of the studies that warned about the dangers of electromagnetic field (EMF) damage was a case of fraudulent science.

The article that came from is linked....it's number 9.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Poor, poor weedwacker....

I guess this study is bunk as well, eh?

There is an association between childhood leukaemia and proximity of home address at birth to high voltage power lines, and the apparent risk extends to a greater distance than would have been expected from previous studies. About 4% of children in England and Wales live within 600 m of high voltage lines at birth. If the association is causal, about 1% of childhood leukaemia in England and Wales would be attributable to these lines, though this estimate has considerable statistical uncertainty. There is no accepted biological mechanism to explain the epidemiological results; indeed, the relation may be due to chance or confounding.
EMR

There's actually been evidence for this for several generations, man. I haven't a clue how it is you would be defending this stuff. Seriously, are you this pro-establishment that you are so blinded?! This just seems bizarre, man.

Anyways, I hope this is enough for you to admit you're wrong. If not, I'll be sure to come up with many more sources and make you look really bad. I don't usually go to such extremes, but in your case... I'll make an exception.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join