It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Pole Shift = Memory Wipe!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by UndeadDinosaur

The snippet about Yuri Gagarin seems to be a falsehood perpetuated by many people trying to sell various magnetic therapies and I apologize for including it in my OP. The rest of my speculation is still up for debate.

You claimed that, "These days all astronauts wear personal electromagnetic pulse machines on their body to mimic the natural magnetic field found on earth to ensure they dont go insane and forget who they are."

You've provided precisely zero evidence in support of this claim. Further, Yuri Gagarin was central to the assertions in your OP, and now even you admit that was in error.

What exactly is up for debate? What does it have to do with 2012?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Try watching the video in the op. Then try reading the comments in this thread and looking at all the evidence and proof provided. Try opening your mind...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Try watching the video in the op. Then try reading the comments in this thread and looking at all the evidence and proof provided. Try opening your mind...

Where is your evidence supporting the claim that "astronauts wear personal electromagnetic pulse machines on their body to mimic the natural magnetic field found on earth to ensure they dont go insane and forget who they are?" Simple question. Dismissively referring me back to the thread I've already read does not address my concern that nothing you've posted so far provides that evidence.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

edit on 29-11-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Actually, you should watch the Video, as the OP rightly suggests.
It is a great study in cult myth and the formation of religious dogma as it attempts to create its own "sacred truths". Videos like this give ATS members a glimpse at an archetype of cult leadership and some of the characteristics, that unfortunately many members here seem to cherish.
I hope my post is informative as a critique of this video and I invite the OP to engage in a discussion concerning the rest of my post.
Drunvalo is great as a self appointed spiritual leader who claims special insight into "the true nature of reality".

Typically, Drunvalo twists his own myths with the truth to suit his purpose. Once you start seeing that happen, you should start asking questions and seriously researching claims and assertions, IMHO.
Lets start with Drunvelo's as he creates a premise that in 1890 we were still so "backwards" that we were riding horses.
We were, but Drunvelo wants us to follow his "evolution tale". What Drunvelo fails to mention is that in 1890, we had trains, bicycles, the first ocean liner was built, Bell and Co. had already made the bi-directional phone work, the Wright brothers were kicking of their flight endeavors in the late 1890's. A trend in Knowledge and Science was happening, at a great rate.

Whilst people may think this is nit picking, it is not. What we are finding is a difference between the narrative given by Drunvalo, and reality.
What is significant is that Drunvalo, quickly debases humanity to a primitive "horseback" technological society that makes a quick evolution. Drunvalo jumps to Tesla and then and introduces ET technology.

6 minute mark is another great example, Drunvalo introduces Ed Ruppelt from Project Grudge and Project Blue book.
Drunvalo weaves mystery and intrigue relating to Ruppelt, claiming not many people know about him, when in fact, this is not so.
But before Drunvalo uses Ruppelt, he makes the claim that ET's have been in contact with us etc. He then uses UFO reports concerning Ruppelt, Project Blue Book, and Grudge to verify this when questioned, when no such conclusion were ever made or released by any of these projects or Ruppelt.
In fact project Grudge was officially geared at debunking UFO.
Grudge was preceded by Project Sign that lasted one year, then Grudge for two years, and then Project Blue Book.
These projects actually started post the times Drunvalo refers too.

Drunvalo then sets out to mystify Ruppelt even further by raising the issue that he authored: The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects.
Drunvalo wants us to think that this book is dangerous and contains "revelations" that validate his earlier fictitious claims. Drunvalo tries to achieve this by stating: "They went out and they confiscated every copy of this book they could find, and interestingly enough he died a year or so later, ah we don't know why".
He then tells us we can buy the book from him.
We do know why Ruppelt died, a heart attack, and he died in 1960, five years after penning his book which was in 1955. And the book is readily available and easy to source.
en.wikipedia.org...
But it sounds so much more mysterious with Drunvalo telling us the tale.

You can Read the whole book for free

Drunvalo assures us that in 1947 every base in the USA had a flying saucer over it.
Yet Ruppelt, remember he is Drunvalo's mysterious super secret and dangerous source, tells us exactly what kicks of the USA Airforce's interest in UFO investigations. Which starts Project Sign etc.
If you go to page 19 you will read Ruppelt explaining that an infamous siting did indeed happen across the USA, but it happened in Newspapers, that all reported just ONE incident.
en.wikipedia.org...
In Chapter 2 of Ruppelts book, he details the history of the projects that began in 1947, making no reference to "Ufo's over every military site in Europe or the USA".
He also states later on that after this first incident several thousand reports came in over time, but that only 15% to 20% considered as genuine UFO, but Ruppelt makes it clear that this only means that these were genuinely unidentified flying objects.
Again, this in itself it very interesting and great food for though.
But,
Drunvalo inserts the origins and the cause of these UFO, and their intent.
Ruppelt does not.

These UFO reports that Ruppelt explains are interesting, and extremely intriguing. But remember Drunvalo is using these to state that ET's are interacting with us, "Galactic Police" as he states.
The fact is though, we started testing Bombs in 1945, not 1947.
So we should have seen the UFO phenomena kick of then, in the USA, using Drunvalo's logic.
en.wikipedia.org...(nuclear_test)

You can pretty much continue through the Video finding Drunvelo coming up short with the truth as he weaves his tale.
I find these individual extremely interesting.
What I, personally, see happening more and more is a culture updating older traditional cultural religious and spiritual belief system with a "contemporary" culturally acceptable middle man that bridges the gap between older more abstract supernatural entities with one that seem compatible with the dominant scientific and technological paradigm of our times. That culturally acceptable middle man is Alien/ET's. As an entity they are seen as possible by science and technology, so culturally we are updating our older mythologies and sacred centers of belief that are in conflict with science and technology.

edit on 29/11/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

"What I, personally, see happening more and more is a culture updating older traditional cultural religious and spiritual belief system with a "contemporary" culturally acceptable middle man that bridges the gap between older more abstract supernatural entities with one that seem compatible with the dominant scientific and technological paradigm of our times. That culturally acceptable middle man is Alien/ET's. As an entity they are seen as possible by science and technology, so culturally we are updating our older mythologies and sacred centers of belief that are in conflict with science and technology."

Very interesting atlas. The bridge between man and ET is surely closer than man and GOD.

Drunvalo is surely fallible. He is only a human being.

The idea of a pole shift and mankind experiencing the absence of the magnetic field remains.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

Very interesting atlas. The bridge between man and ET is surely closer than man and GOD.

I am glad you find my personal insight into this topic interesting. The "bridge" between man and god is currently the more culturally accepted belief. But, it is slowly being replaced by a belief in ET/Aliens. Fundamentally though, they are the same bridge.
What is even more interesting is that this phenomena is not isolated to God. This trend is also growing in relation to other older traditional beliefs right across the spectrum of supernatural belief systems. Reincarnation, psychic phenomena, possession etc. All are updating to include the ET/Alien topic.

Drunvalo is surely fallible. He is only a human being.

Imperfection is a trait we all share. I am not talking about Dunvalo, but what he does with the truth.
After all, it is you who has presented him for our consideration. In fact you urge other members to watch the video.
But anyway, I know he is fallible. I am highlighting his own human fallibility as it is a mechanism obvious in the genesis and evolution of the myths and religious/supernatural beliefs he creates which comes at the expense of the truth.
The issue of fallibility is also important in relation to other humans beings exposed to Dunvalo. Other humans like yourself, whose own fallibility may expose them to a trend in exploitation that we are all too familiar with in relation to self appointed "spiritual" authorities, cults or religions.

The idea of a pole shift and mankind experiencing the absence of the magnetic field remains.

Rajaten, look at your comment again.

If the magnetic field is absent, there will be no pole shift. The magnetic poles are aspects of the field.
You have just reduced your entire Thread to an Idea that is illogical. Think about it Rajaten.
It is like saying: " The Idea of my fingers shifting and me experiencing the absence of my hand remains".

I am not trying to ridicule you, just pointing out the nature of what you are proposing.

Thank you for the reply.

edit on 29/11/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Even if the magnetic field would disappear for a while, that would "only" result in radiation poisoning. Memory wipe would be the least of our problems, lol.

Eagerly waiting for the "radiation poisoning wipes memory" case studies to prove me wrong

Still waiting for someone to show how radiation poisoning "wipes minds". Especially since some people seem to imply our minds would get wiped while we would remain alive. Not a likely scenario given that radiation poisoning is often fatal.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have some questions about the idea of no magnetic field causing memory loss

if that was the case, how could any of the past civilizations be warning us about a coming pole shift?

wouldn't the past pole shifts have wiped their memory of that event?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

if that was the case, how could any of the past civilizations be warning us about a coming pole shift?

No one's warning us about catastrophic pole shifts...all we have is one hypothesis that says it could have some periods of rapid shifts, but it's not even a theory yet. Due to the lack of scientific evidence, it's pretty clear that all this is nothing but another 2012 hoax exploited by people making money selling books/dvds.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No one's warning us about catastrophic pole shifts...all we have is one hypothesis that says it could have some periods of rapid shifts, but it's not even a theory yet. Due to the lack of scientific evidence, it's pretty clear that all this is nothing but another 2012 hoax exploited by people making money selling books/dvds.

thanks for your input...

however, rather that actually answering my questions, you just pushed your non-belief of the subject

my question was more directed at the people that do believe we have been warned about an upcoming event...

it seems to me that if such an event did cause memory loss, how could they know that said event happened and would happen again.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

however, rather that actually answering my questions, you just pushed your non-belief of the subject

It has nothing to do with "belief"...there just aren't any scientific facts that would support anything the OP said

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with "belief"...there just aren't any scientific facts that would support anything the OP said

and how are my questions not addressing that inconsistancy?

there are no facts supporting God, but that doesn't stop 4 billion+ people from believing in it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't think people will go insane with the pole shift.

Its in revalations that if you refuse the mark of the beast on your hand or forehead you will have you head cut off.
That would explain what the guillotine's are for.

So if you refuse the RFID chip you know whats going to happen to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

....there are no facts supporting God, but that doesn't stop 4 billion+ people from believing in it.

There's no accounting for mental illness/gulliblity in the human brain, either.

So, over 6 Billion, less those ~4 Billion? Means about 2 Billion SANE humans on this planet. Good odds....

So, the insanity (religious belief in "god") has existed since humans evolved....no "pole shifts" required.....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
my poles shifted years ago...WHO AM I?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

....there are no facts supporting God, but that doesn't stop 4 billion+ people from believing in it.

There's no accounting for mental illness/gulliblity in the human brain, either.

So, over 6 Billion, less those ~4 Billion? Means about 2 Billion SANE humans on this planet. Good odds....

So, the insanity (religious belief in "god") has existed since humans evolved....no "pole shifts" required.....

The number is far below 2 billion. Liberally, it might be 7 million.

There has been several articles in science mags recently about the use of religion in human evolution. Belief in a divine force and a tendency towards religion clearly has an evolutionary selection advantage. The evidence to support that is all around you.

When you spout off about sanity, the current numbers would tend to suggest that your "sane" is bad for individuals and groups on a genetic succesion level. Which should make you consider that your sane may not be as sane as you think it is.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm just saying your first question should be "how does radiation poisoning wipe minds...if at all?" and not "how can people warn us"

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

There has been several articles in science mags recently about the use of religion in human evolution. Belief in a divine force and a tendency towards religion clearly has an evolutionary selection advantage. The evidence to support that is all around you.

I'd love to see some sources for your claims

But you might be right, as not believing got you killed up to very recently (on an evolutionary timescale).

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

I'd love to see some sources for your claims

But you might be right, as not believing got you killed up to very recently (on an evolutionary timescale).

I'll see if I can find them tonight. The issues I read these in are fairly recent, so you might be able to track the articles down yourself. I tend to read Scientific American, Popular Science, Discover, New Scientist, and Skeptic. Occassionally I pick up some other ones, about Archeology usually.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join