It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Wikileaks: For or Against?

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If it were a life changing cable, I would say FOR. Otherwise, I dont really care.
Second line.




posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
i am
FOR if overpaid/creepy politicians are embarassed.
AGAINST if lives are endangered.


Most stuff peopel in usa will ignore anyway. America could give out all its secrets today, but americans would get on with there lifes not too bothered.

You people seriously over estimate how many care.

Me personally, it would take an awful lot to get me shocked about america, lol



posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Independent and honest investigative journalism, for or against?


AGAINST if lives are endangered.

Lives are endangered whithout it.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
too true ,smith.

still for now its 'all' out?



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The truth will set you free.

Few good operatives exposing the truth to public .. stories developing just like spy movies/dramas .. La Femme Nikita. I'm really excited now. I guess there are real Nikita and Michael from Section One out there.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
Always for truth and justice.

Then you'd be against Wikileaks.


Ya'll .. don't be fooled. There is nothing about this that is 'truth' and 'justice' and 'honorable'. Wikileaks has $$$ in sight. They aren't doing it for the good of the world. If they were, they'd be exposing more than just the USA. EVERYONE does the spy game. EVERYONE does the back room diplomacy game. And it's to be expected. America has to do what is good for America. No one else will watch out for us. Same with Mexico. Same with China. Same with Syria. Same with _____ (fill in country of choice).

And frankly - the United Nations needs to by spied on.
They are the biggest bunch of thieves and murderers and corruptocrats on the planet.

Some NWO dude made a chess move with Wikileaks.
Nothing more.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Im against total loss of privacy.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
How can you say you stand with the founding fathers if you think its ok to cover up corruption? You can't.

Where exactly is the corruption that has been exposed? Spying? That's not corruption. That's security for your country. Diplomacy and deals made with other countries? That's not corruption. That's security for your country. Discussions with other countries about how to stabilize regions? That's not corruption. That's security for your country and the world. The founding fathers engaged in all these things ... spying, diplomacy, backroom deals, and discussions about stability around the world. Where is the corruption you mention?



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HereIsTheInfo
IYou notice that it's mainly right-wingers who oppose the organization.

That's dead wrong. Guess you missed the massive numbers of democrats who have been on TV denouncing this. From congressmen/women to senators to Hillary to Gibbs to the great puba Obama himself. Countries around the world - left and right and crazy and sane and everythinginbetween - have all been denouncing this.


Originally posted by HollowJacket
I it's hard to classify Julian Assange's motives. did he do it for great justice, or publicity?

$$$ He's a useful tool of the NWO. It wanted to destroy America's diplomacy and negotiation value. The useful idiot fell right into the hands of the NWO, but he either doesn't know or doesn't care. $$$$

Don't kid yourselves.
This couldn't have happened without the NWO pulling the trigger for some purpose.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I believe in government transparency in everything but the most sensitive matters. I strongly believe in Congressional Oversight. This is taxpayer money they spend, and just from the TV one can see that these back room deals in matters of war are just wrong, and some have much blood on their hands. Julian Assage will suffer for this, as any whistle-blower does, right now TPTB are talking about charging him with espionage.

Even the Bible says that a day will come when every eye shall see. I believe that literally, all secrets will be known by all. The Emperor will be seen to be naked. The Empire will be clearly visible to everyone.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Even the Bible says that a day will come when every eye shall see. I believe that literally, all secrets will be known by all. The Emperor will be seen to be naked. The Empire will be clearly visible to everyone.


If that hapens on earth its called Totalitarian Surveillance State.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am all for exposure of improper actions of our politicians, military servers, and people in power. That being said I am still hesitant to consider wikileaks a valid source. There are many reasons for this. My main thing is that we all know that the American mainstream media follows direction from people higher up. If these people higher up did not want this information being exposed it would not be on CNN or any other American news channel. The same goes for Australia, UK, Canada...etc... but this stuff is all over the news. Something tells me that the TPTB want this stuff out for some sort of agenda. Most of us are aware of mainstream media manipulating us with misinformation, but it does not help my point that I cannot produce a reason or outcome they are trying to achieve.

This point of mine may be more difficult to agree with depending what your opinion of 911 is, but I have heard on ATS and on other sites that Assange has gone well out of his way to release documents that defend the OS of 911. I know some people still believe the OS of 911 but I certainly do not, and I cannot consider anyone who still defends the OS of 911 as a valid source of alternative news or leaked classified documents. Anyone who truly had access to this information, and was out to make good use of it, would also expose all the 911 documents. I am sure if they came up with some of the stuff they came up with, they can also come up with some more info on 911,

Perhaps I have been misinformed about the fact about Assange supporting the 911 OS but I have heard from multiple sites including this one. Please forgive me for not having a source. I will look for one and try to add it to my post.

If Assange is for real, my apologies go to him because he is certainly putting his life at risk. But wasn't he at some type of televised news conference in London in October of this year? I am sure that since the CIA has been looking for him and all they would have found him roaming around the UK. All I am saying they seem very selective about the type of information they release.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: correction of sentence structure

edit on 29-11-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: grammar



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco
 


Well you really took the safe standpoint.
That's the kind of standpoint a politician would take on the campaign trail haha.

This is needed. Everyone here knows we need changes in the government. Even if there is only a 5 percent chance that this could help fix things. Even if the other 95 percent is that it's controlled/disinfo/would fail miserably. It would be worth the shot.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


Hey.. never thought about it, but it's fun to see the government getting groped for once. Eye for an eye I guess.
Maybe threatening to expose them is actually how we salvage our privacy. If they realize they can be exposed just as much as we can expose them.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
When Governments keep more secrets, more lives are in danger. Always.

So anything that can remove secrets helps save lives, at the end of the day.

Even if some lives are put in danger by exposing secrets, these are short term/small numbers. In the long-run, however, more lives are saved.

I, for one, am 100% for Wikileaks.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HereIsTheInfo
They are basically holding the government hostage.



In what way? In return for what?
From publishing important information on Iraq etc, they are turning into a prurient little tabloid gossip monger.



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i am sure we are better off not knowing EVERYTHING.


but i feel wikileaks is like 'look over here' while something else occurs. thank you for the replies..



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's a double edged sword,
two



posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Somebody should be held responsible for this.
There was a time not, so very long ago, that whenever the US was caught in an embarrassing situation, it was the US President that was held accountable.
Rightly so, afterall, we all know where the buck stops.

I wonder when the media will pin this on Obama?

I guess that buck has been converted to chump change.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join