It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did my dream foretell my fathers death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I thought i would share this with you people here at ats,who are in the know about such things,and see what you think, as its not one of my topics. Until recently i could not have spoke about this, as it was far too painful because i am not ashamed to say, i worshipped the ground my dad walked on. ill begin, four years ago i went to sleep and had a very vivid dream. In it my dad and i were stood waiting for a bus, the bus came and my dad got on. As i went to get on behind him, he put his hand on my chest and said, " you cant get on ". The door closed behind him, and i woke up. The dream really shook me up, i told my partner at the time,about the dream i had just had. and that i felt really awful, sad and heavy, and a really strong feeling of being abandoned, something he would never do. well that feeling stayed with me for three days untill it left. I carried on going to see my dad,three times a week as per usual for the next eight weeks. Then the day came when i went to see him, and found him dead in his chair. I know some might say, that i could have subconsciously picked up on some subtle signs of him being ill. but there were none, not even a sniffle, he was ex army and very fit. Anyway i just wondered if anyone had any thoughts, or something similar happening to them or if it was just coincidence.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

Sometimes these kind of things happens with people who have close connections. Usually they happen between mother and their children, but since you and your father were so close, I wouldn't be surprised.

A while ago something similar happened to me. In this dream, my uncle would call me and tell that that he will be soon visiting us. Few days later he was found dead. Now the odd thing is, that my uncle wasn't really close to me (seen him only once in my adulthood) and I never really thought about him.

-v
edit on 26-11-2010 by v01i0 because: 941

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I think this means that you and your father where very close and maybe you depended on him if not financially than emotionally and this was your spirit picking up on this unfortunate fact about his coming change of location and was a friendly idea placed inside yourself to make his bus trip he had to take more acceptable to you

And also a message that you will have to be strong and carve your own path in life, i also get the feeling you have someone to take care of now? and this was another reason for the for warning?

sorry for the loss

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I do believe there is something to it.
I have had dreams of people I haven't seen or heard from in years....I wake up and they are at the door.
Could be a coincidence but there could actually be something to it.
Sorry for your loss,keep the chin up.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just want to convey my sympathies. I too have lost my Dad and know how you feel. Yes, many dreams are precognative and foretell of things to come.

new topics

top topics

join