It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyongyang shelled South Korea`s island with vacuum bombs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
found this video also

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I feel sorry for these people. That's living in terror.

I hope they chill out while there's still time.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
I feel sorry for these people. That's living in terror.

well u can almost bet the bank
if a large scale confrontation
happens that both Seoul and
Pyongyang in a matter of hrs
will look like moon dust.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
if the vid picks the shell up at all - it will be just a streak

wow !!!
a streak that has guidance fins attached.
amazing

I'm not seeing guidance fins at all. It's entirely indistinguishable in my eyes, and devoid af any detail whatsoever.
Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In the video of what appears to be a store parking lot or something like that, with the explosion going off in the background, I would have assumed that the civilian seen running from centre shot, into the foreground, would have been vapourised by a thermobaric explosion, and the wall or fence just in front of the impact site, would have been nothing but dust in the wind.
While I dont discount the idea of NK using thermobaric weapons , the video provided does not, in my opinion seem to prove it in any regard.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Even if these are thermobaric rockets (which I am doubtful from watching some of the videos), what does that have to do with the fact that South Korea provoked this entire incident by shelling NK territory first?

Obviously NK had pre-targeted this island, just like they have most of SK pre-targeted for artillery strikes.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

when recently did south korea shell north korea?

was it before or after the norks sank the s. korean ship?

edit on 26-11-2010 by MMPI2 because: .

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Kim Jong CHILL..

amirite?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thermobaric devices require time to vent the accelerant and have to have the affected area ignited within a specific time. This pretty much means that a fast moving device like an artillery shell or missile will need to be slowed down and intact for the ignition charge to successfully detonate the gas cloud.

This means a large and stable delivery system is necessary for one of these devices to be reliable.

If a battery of gas shells was directed to a concentrated area and then detonated by a following ignition source like a magnesium shell then maybe this would work.

I doubt they were that organized.

More than likely just high explosive. Modern artillery and rockets are pretty destructive without getting fancy.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It may or it may not be true. Thermobaric weapons are scalable. There are shoulder launched thermobaric weapons in the US inventory.

I'm not sure its particularly relevant though as a big deal. Its a tool for a specific job. Best inside buildings bunkers and structures where the pressure wave will rupture people and probably bring the structure down from the inside.

To achieve huge area effects in the open you need a big unwieldy weapon and it takes time to disperse.

Using any artillery against civilians is heinous. People underestimate the horror that can be inflicted by modern accurate 155mm conventional explosives or MRLS sub munitions.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

North Korea sank a SK ship? Since when?

And yes, from some reports that I've seen SK was conducting military "trials" by shooting artillery into regions that the NK consider their own.

Do people really think North Korea is some crazy, insane out-of-control rogue state that must be stopped at all costs? North Korea, considering how the modern world has isolated it for its nationalism, is an extremely beautiful country. People who demonize North Korea are probably the same retards who fear commies, and terrorists, and the VC. These people need to grow up and realize that nationalism is the way to go, and the dominating forces of globalism are causing the real problems in the world. North Korea is a nationalist beacon in a world that has sold itself out.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

www.reuters.com...

Seriously, I hadn't heard that the Southies shelled the norks.

do you have a link?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

www.reuters.com...

Seriously, I hadn't heard that the Southies shelled the norks.

do you have a link?

technorati.com... (RT video)

I'm still not convinced about the "human torpedo" explanation for the sinking of the SK ship either; some rusted mechanical parts presented as evidence is about as legitimate as finding a terrorist's passport just laying on the ground after the trade towers were hit.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01b235e450eb.jpg[/atsimg]

That has to be about the worst comparison I've ever seen.

There is no way of telling ordinance size, blast radius or Distance from impact with regards to the blast on the left.

edit on 27-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join