It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distant North Korean Artillery Fire Rattles Island, Firing Artillery Warning Shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Distant North Korean Artillery Fire Rattles Island, Firing Artillery Warning Shots

www.nytimes.com

The sound of distant artillery fire from within North Korea on Friday rattled nerves on an island bombarded by the North earlier this week, as North Korean media warned the planned deployment of an American aircraft carrier was pushing the region closer to war.

Defense Ministry said the sound of several North Korean artillery shots could be faintly heard from Yeonpyeong island, the target of Tuesday’s deadly barrage . The spokesman, Kwon Ki-hyeon, said the shots, the first heard since the attack, appeared to stay within North Korean territory, suggesting they were part of a drill — o
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.yonhapnews.co.kr

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
N. Korea fires artillery into sea near western border with S. Korea

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
People This getting Dam Serious! and nothing on the mainstream news about the new Artillery Firing Warning Shots within in north Korea.

"The shots came hours after the commander of United States forces in Korea, Gen. Walter L. Sharp, visited the island to survey the damage from Tuesday’s barrage, which killed four South Koreans — two civilians and two marines"

This can be turned to WW3 in Over Night, with the Chinese and russian along with the north koreans, this can turn into a real World War 3.

So what do are your thoughts on the new least news?
Dam scary times we are in.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
IMO it is in noones best interest to start WW3, even if SK try to start a war I believe in my heart that China would stamp it out as China is in an exceptional economic position at the moment.

Also if WW3 does break out we as individuals won't be able to stop it, there is nothing gained from worrying about it, if anything it should encourage us to appreciate and enjoy life to the full.

Amusingly when I typed WW3 I forgot to take finger off SHIFT equalling WW£ now that made me smile.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It is of my opinion also that China wouldn't let North Korea start WW3. However, the North Koreans and their dear leader (yeah, the one with down syndrome, not that such a disability is what makes him retarded) aren't really the type to follow directions, though if they are going to listen to anyone, it will be China. However, China is sitting pretty pretty with the current status quo. IMO, there is absolutely no way that China will oppose the US in armed conflict, at least until we aren't able to buy their cheap plastic crap anymore.

You see, China has tons of money tied up in the US economy and in fact, their own economy is heavily dependent on the US, western and global economies.

North Korea seems to have a mind of its and while it may listen to China, there is no telling what those "crazies" will do next, though we can pretty much count China out, at least while our own economy still has a little breath left.

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You do know Russia still wants revenge against America for what it did in the Balkans?
Something is also happening in the Georgie breakaway province.

This American Risked his own life while video taping this Work in Progress Russian Base and the American was been pointed by a laser sniper or atleast laser pointing at him.

Whats more the russians were rebuilding the old soviet rail tracks, the tracks were left untouched after the end of the cold war.

I was going to make a thread on this.
www.youtube.com...

Yes i know the tape was filmed in 2009 around last year, it almost seems if the russians most know something what will happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

This can be turned to WW3 in Over Night, with the Chinese and russian along with the north koreans, this can turn into a real World War 3.

notsureifserious.jpg

How so? And I'm talking about a realistic scenario.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by airspoon

You do know Russia still wants revenge against America for what it did in the Balkans?

Can you back up your claim with evidence please? I see no wish by the Russians for revenge against USA over the Balkans.

The fact of the matter is, the Russians occupied Pristina airport for a couple of reasons.

1. Because they felt that they'd be sidelined by NATO when they would rather have a more active role mediating in the situation.

2. Ethnic Serbians are from the same genetic stock as Russians so they felt as though the war was biased toward the Kosovan Albanians and the other ethnicities and that NATO wasn't giving the situation a complete analysis before taking sides.

This is what happens when you sideline or ignore a global power. But the situation was resolved when after negotiation the Russians were given an active peacekeeping role.

Believe me, the Russians have no further axe to grind over the Balkans and it is incorrect of you to say so.
edit on 26-11-2010 by the.lights because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Right its your opinion, what if i told you that the reason amercia has interests in Kosovo is because of Oil?
Not to mention Camp bondsteel was built by Halliburton? as well Halliburton were given contracts of Interests over a billion US Dollars?

I have investigated the region and found some plenty of evidence and sources to back up my claim and for your information Kosovo was always used to Serbian it was there it is there Homeland, but no force or man should take someone else home by force and while been aided with the US Forces, well Serbian historical and ancestral monasteries were been destroyed by every Albanian with its Brute, Primitive Nationalism.

And now a change of hearts? independent Kosovo is a criminal run country operated state by NATO to further prevent Russian influences over the Balkan regions.

The Russians came in Kosovo,1999 and tired to help the serbian people and stop the attacks from the KLA but with the overall pressure from the west, including the white house threatening a nuclear war over russia if they don't withdrawal from Kosovo, the same nuclear war threats was exchanged by the russians.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join