It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artillery fire heard in North Korea 11/26/2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...
Posted 14 minutes ago

South Korea's military says sounds of distant artillery fire have been heard from within North Korea.

"We're checking the origin of the sounds," a joint chiefs of staff spokesman said.

Not a lot of info at present but the North may be warming up the guns for another round of bomb the cardboard? town.
edit on 26-11-2010 by 12voltz because: of the ringing in my ears

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Im not really sure what this could mean, but I have a few theories.

They could be doing drills near the border, maybe to try to scare SKorea a bit.
Maybe a few rounds accidentally went off. Faulty equipment?
Or maybe, someone in NKorea just got mad and started shooting at random?

Im not really sure.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

We can only imagine how this will play out with US naval ships on board..
WW3 here we come!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is getting scary now

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bones_

Not sure if the U.S fleet is there yet but one stray shell placed near a ship may provoke a measured response

edit on 26-11-2010 by 12voltz because: of my paranoia

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This just came out on yahoo.coms news, 3 minutes ago.

Sounds of artillery heard

YEONPYEONG ISLAND, South Korea – South Korea said fresh artillery shots were heard Friday on this Yellow Sea island, three days after it was devastated by a North Korean attack and hours after Pyongyang warned that the peninsula was on the brink of war.

The blasts happened just after the top U.S. commander in South Korea, Gen. Walter Sharp, toured Yeonpyeong island in a show of solidarity with Seoul and to survey damage from the Tuesday's hail of North Korean artillery fire that killed four people.

South Korea's YTN television network, citing an unidentified military official, said North Korea apparently was carrying out a military drill, and had fired up to 20 rounds. Yeonpyeong residents were fleeing to shelters, the report said. The report couldn't be immediately confirmed.

North Korea's army and people are "now greatly enraged" and "getting fully ready to give a shower of dreadful fire," the agency said. "Escalated confrontation would lead to a war, and he who is fond of playing with fire is bound to perish."

Possible military drill? Problably, but it hasnt been confirmed yet.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Did i read that right? North koreas people are" now greatly enraged "and "getting ready to give a shower of dreadful fire".Where do they come up with this nonsense?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Im not really sure how they came up with that conclusion. Yahoo.com had an article that talked about how the NKorean people were "enraged", but changed it once the artillery sounds were heard, a few minutes ago.

I think the "enraged" is just all talk at the moment. I doubt Nkorea is going to "rain down fire".

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Sounds like their just flexing their muscles. Keeping the world on their toes. I think the mayor of munchkinville might still have something up his sleeve as a going away present. Or was it the lollipop kid, I always get those confused!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think the real Bullet points of that article are.. www.abc.net.au...

Earlier today, North Korea warned that this weekend's planned military exercises by the South and the United States would push the region towards war.

The US is sending in naval ships, led by the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS George Washington, to the Yellow Sea for the war games, which will begin on Sunday.

The former defence minister resigned yesterday after criticism that the South's reaction to Tuesday's artillery attack was too soft.

"We think we have to seek revenge 100 times or a 1,000 stronger with the attitude of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth."

Could be an interesting weekend.
edit on 26-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Heres another article from today that says the North is ready to "annihilate".

Article

SEOUL, Nov. 26 (Yonhap) -- North Korea said Friday it is "ready to annihilate" South Korea's stronghold if its sovereignty is violated even a bit, raising already high tension after the two countries exchanged artillery barrages earlier this week.

"We will show a firm and merciless example to whichever provoker encroaches on our dignity and sovereignty," the North's Committee for Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland said in a statement released by the official Korean Central News Agency.

Maybe the North is preparing, getting some last minute preparations in place, "getting their guns out" and testing them before the big bang.

"show a firm and merciless example to whichever provoker encroaches on our dignity and sovereignty" - Sounds like they are saying they're not afraid to shoot at the US anytime soon to.

Edit - Have the joint US-SKorean naval exercises begun yet?
edit on 26-11-2010 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Not yet, Sunday.
Sh#t is coming.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Those are contrails, not artillery shells.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

The fleet is steaming that way now. Also not sure of their proximity.
I would prefer an UN-measured response.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I keep being reminded of this....

edit on 26/11/10 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Yeah.... Thats a cool scenario. I may be a warmonger or a doom seeker, but I'm kind of excited that something its actually HAPPENING and not just talk and talk and talk... Talk is boring, actions are greater and more exciting. Hope something actually happens this next week, hope North tries something this upcoming couple weeks, would be nice.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I do believe when NK states "the people are enraged", they are referring to the leaders and their military. The citizens are hungry and just trying to survive.

new topics

top topics

join