It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist discover the science of out of body experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wish they would discover the science of telekinesis :/ so they can discover some way to make it much easier to obtain in a lifetime

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Actually, on second thought, this might not be a bad method for inducing OBE like states. Keep in mind I believe OBEs are dream states.

In the OBE lore, becoming aware of "phantom" limbs is a good first step for launching into an OBE. With some effort on the part of the participant, they should be able to roll out or shake free of their physical body. The only problem is this requires active participation of the person being experimented on, putting variables outside the control of the experiment.

Too bad I can't set up something like that in my room. It would be great for inducing WILDs, wake induced lucid dreaming.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've had many out-of-body experiences. There's nothing mystical about it. People make it into something it's not. How sad that their mind so easily plays tricks on them.

Just reason it out, guys. The subconscious is incredibly powerful. It maps out your entire surroundings in 3d. It's also constantly seeking integration of self, as a high priority. OOBE's seem to be when the sense of self loses constancy from a spatial perspective, yet keeps the conscious thought process going. It's kind of like a hybrid between a dream state and reality. You can focus your mind to trick it into thinking you're not where you are, and it will go berserk trying to find out where you went! Since you've programmed your mind into imagining that it's above your physical body, hey ... that's where it seems to be!

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
If you cut a ping pong ball in half, put it over your eyes while lying down so you see pure white and nothing else, and have a radio playing static in the background, you'll start hallucinating within minutes.

It's just like a sensory deprivation tank, except there you're literally floating in a liquid that makes you buoyant and is the exact same temperature as your skin, it' pitch dark, and once the water stops sloshing around it's SILENT. Not for the claustrophobic! lol

Both of these methods, and MANY more have been in books for YEARS.

It seems to me that their method is just another off-shoot of sensory deprivation/sensory overload.

Very interesting and about time none the less.

never heard of that ping pong ball method, I wanna try it lol

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I believe it is a good start to maybe understanding what an out of body experience is but I do not believe that they are any close to really understanding the true meaning of an out of body experience. I had an experience 4 years ago I saw my self sleeping and I was floating next to my bed. As a person I thought it was great and wonderful but as a scientist I'm itching to know what or how it was cause and how can I do it again

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i am sure these scientists would be open minded enough to go visit the Monroe Centre. would they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join