It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I understand its a scary subject but>

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Ignorance is a scary subject. There is no heaven or hell. They are concepts invented by those in authority to control the masses. They are a coping mechanism and a logical response to the intelligent realization that we live in a world in which good people die and bad people prosper. In addition, by allowing you to believe that you will be rewarded in the afterlife and those who are your enemies will be punished, they serve to bolster the human ego.

If people truly believed in heaven and hell, there would be no court systems, no laws, and no prisons. People would assume that God would handle justice and our short existence on Earth would be brief in comparison to eternity in heaven or hell. Human intelligence allows us to contemplate our own mortality, and the afterlife is an invention used to pretend we will never die because we're afraid.

I personally don't need empty threats from a nonexistent deity to know the difference between right and wrong.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Here is heaven
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6e82a0f617b.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is hell
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27925307f2e6.jpg[/atsimg]

That is so true. I like heaven if this is the case. Hahahaha. Mmmmmm!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Here's a link to a narrative about Mary K Baxter's visit to Hell:

spiritlessons.com...

And here's one to her narrative about her visit to Heaven:

spiritlessons.com...

I found her narratives to be Biblical and convincing. I think hers's is one of the best such descriptive sets available.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
My Heaven imaginative thought would be, me and one woman of virginity, who cleans cooks and just stays in a woman’s place like a woman supose to…period !

No need to speculate on heaven.. With that attitude, you sureley go to hell, unless your religion is Islam...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I cannot imagine many (if anyone) who've done so much evil in their short life that they deserve being punished for eternity in hell. Eternal punishment is not only unjust, it serves no purpose. I doesn't surprise me that the kind of believers who so proudly shout about such an imagined afterlife, have created a God in their own image: a God that has the worst attributes of human jealousy, pettiness, selfishness and violence.

Sorry, that old adage about God's justice and "righteousness" just doesn't work for me any more. The creator of the universe would exhibit even more love, and patience for his creation, than I have for the people and animals in my own life.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That comment about a woman belonging in the kitchen was not really necessary. Just saying....

Um, for hell, I guess it would be complete isolation. I don't like being alone.
Heaven wise... Definitely go with being surrounded by friends and family. I would also like to be employed, because doing nothing for eternity would be incredibly boring and unsatisfying.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If consciousness does indeed survive death then heaven and hell would be completely dependent upon your state of mind. Some live in hell while still alive.

Albert:Each of us has an instinct that there is a natural order to our journey. And Annie's violated that. She won't face it. She won't realize, accept, what she's done. And she will spend eternity playing that out.
Chris: You're still saying she's in Hell...
Albert: Everyone's Hell is different. It's not all fire and pain. The real Hell is your life gone wrong.

Chris: Where is God in all of this?
Albert: Oh, He's up there. Somewhere... shouting down that He loves us. Wondering why we can't hear Him. You think?

Chris awakens in Heaven, adjusting to his new self-manifesting fantasy environment

In parallel to this, Annie, distraught at the loss of her entire family, kills herself with poison. Albert breaks the news to Chris, whose initial relief that her suffering is over quickly turns to anger when he learns that suicides are sent to Hell. Albert claims no judgment has been made against her by God; it is simply the nature of suicides to create "anti-fantasy" worlds based on their psychological pain, similar but opposite to Chris' fantasy world in Heaven. This is a reference to Dante's Inferno, where the seventh level of Hell is reserved for sins of violence — including violence against oneself.

What Dreams May [email protected]
edit on 27-11-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
John Paul Satre said "hell is being forever locked in a room with your friends." Although he overlooked the fact that all his mates were French.

Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Heaven is the boring place where all the political correct goody two-shoes people go and the vegetarian and every other crap human to live a boring "healthy" life with their animal friends.

While hell is the place everyone goes who enjoys life

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My personal idea of hell would be stuck in a sports bar for eternity. Just a couple of hours is a nightmare to say the least.

12 televisions and a hundred drunks spilling beer all over themselves screaming at *the game* is about the scariest thought I've ever had.

Just thinking about it keeps me from breaking all those commandments all the time...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There's Hell on Earth and there's Hell within.
Hell on Earth is simply slavery and destruction. Hell within is feeling guilt for one's sins.
Heaven is just the opposite.
On Earth, it's freedom and peace. Within, it's a healthy spirit.
I don't believe in Heaven/Hell after death.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

black ops? lol that game is terrible just like mw2 anyways if a person says goes to heaven everything u enjoy here on earth will be stripped from ur mind u wont get to enjoy sex, video games, etc cuz u wont know any better so better get to having fun while ur still here on earth

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

What is your Hell or Heaven like in your imagination?

We as a people have all thought of the punishment of our sins, to the good deeds of our hearts.
In that process of the imagination we have imagined the worst of dying and going to hell, to the ever lasting life of Gods Eternal Heaven.

My Worst Hell imaginative thought, is to look up in the casket i was buried in for all eternity.

My Heaven imaginative thought would be, me and one woman of virginity, who cleans cooks and just stays in a woman’s place like a woman supose to…period !

But really ,will I ever see my kids again ,can me and the family down here live up there ...in eternal goodness?

What are some of your Heaven and Hell imaginative thoughts?

edit on 26-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: they told me too

My idea of Heaven is sexist idiots like you are made to be an ugly womans slave.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by Lannock

my concern is that there are people trying to force atheistic views on school children because they will not open their minds to things they can not touch, smell, see or hear. i have a 5 yo and a 1 yo

So you will teach your children that -

The sun goes around the earth ?

The earth is 6000 years old ?

amen to that brother

A man lived inside a fish (albeit a big fish) ?

A homosexual should be put to death ?

It's ok to have a slave and beat him to within an inch of death as long as he doesn't die ?

A man who rapes and tortures your children only has to believe in jesus to spend an eternity in heaven, yet if your child eats black sausage he's cut off from god ?

And the icing on the cake - If your children don't believe the nonsense you do then an invisible monster that reads their thoughts will drag them off to a pit of torture and fire forever ?

No of course, you don't tech them this filth you tell them stories like Noah and the ark, ghosts impregnating a virgin and making a magik baby , three wise men stars lambs and donkeys etc.

The nasty stuff only comes later when your children start asking questions, going to church and learning to read then it's show time.

No one is trying to force an atheistic view on children, atheism does not make a claim but certainly does require an open mind for inquiry. If you can't allow your children this but teach them uncompromising nonsense written by bronze age scribes, then needless to say when monsters like George Bush tells them it was gods' idea to go kill other peoples 5 and 1 year olds they will bleat and comply.

Shame on you

amen to that
edit on 27-11-2010 by trey85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

I think I completely agree with your version of both!
And I am a firm believer in both places. Your version of both is about what I'd imagine it to be like.

With maybe more gnashing of teeth.
edit on 11/27/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgrammaman
if their is a heaven and hell, i feel the reality that where living right now on this planet is without a shadow of a doubt hell.

in a way it would be very hard to argue with you on that buddy,i feel you!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeDragon

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Here is heaven
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6e82a0f617b.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is hell
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27925307f2e6.jpg[/atsimg]

That is so true. I like heaven if this is the case. Hahahaha. Mmmmmm!

Even though it would seem to be Heaven only for men! That sucks...
Vicky

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

We as a people have all thought of the punishment of our sins, to the good deeds of our hearts.
In that process of the imagination we have imagined the worst of dying and going to hell, to the ever lasting life of Gods Eternal Heaven.

My Worst Hell imaginative thought, is to look up in the casket i was buried in for all eternity.

But really ,will I ever see my kids again ,can me and the family down here live up there ...in eternal goodness?

My idea of Heaven is sexist idiots like you are made to be an ugly womans slave.

A woman needs to know her role,thats all i am saying.she just needs to know her place inlife...period!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Not if you are a lezo.

Replace the women in the image with your passion or love

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

A woman needs to know her role,thats all i am saying.she just needs to know her place inlife...period!

that way she doesn't have anything to compare you to.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join